Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Iggy needs a kick in the ... 

Post#261 » by turk3d » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
turk3d wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Seems like the game changed after Kerr got into them a bit about playing defense. He pulled Speights out for a while and Draymond played center....it seemed to ramp up the defense.

I think you're right Mylie. One think about Kerr: he doesn't sit around twiddling his thumbs when he sees things going south, he'll make whatever changes he needs to make in order to get things working again (another MJ flaw, which you find common among many coaches). They wait too long to make a move when it's apparent that one needs to be made.

Agreed....he reminds me of Nellie with the way he calls timeouts....if he feels a shift or change in the game, he is quick o call a timeout.

Another thing I like about him in that regard, he doesn't care who it is he takes out. I've seen him take out both Curry and Klay at times which sometimes he needs to just to shake things up a little.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#262 » by Kuya » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:49 am

With all the minutes he's getting, he's got to be our weakest link
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#263 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 am

He was fantastic today. One of his best performances by far.
Kuya
Assistant Coach

Post#264 » by Kuya » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:04 am

Coxy wrote:He was fantastic today. One of his best performances by far.

besides the steals, he was awful tonight and has been awful this season. Image
Ab12
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#265 » by Ab12 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 am

Iggy is charmin.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#266 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:04 am

Ab12 wrote:Iggy is charmin.

He showed his value today against a tough Memphis defense and offense.
Kuya
Assistant Coach

Post#267 » by Kuya » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:28 am

Coxy wrote:
Ab12 wrote:Iggy is charmin.

He showed his value today against a tough Memphis defense and offense.

More like he showed us he's going to take a backseat this season and sit on his cool $48 million for the next 3 years Image
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#268 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm

It would have been a good game for him if bot for the flogging he took from VC in the 2nd quarter. The tradeoff for Iggy's lessened scoring contribution is largely based in his defensive role, but he got rolled by Vince.

Curry is rarely gonna go 1 for a gazillion, but iggy gets his share of the L for this one. You cant let their be ch run us out the gym. Just cant happen.

Booooo
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#269 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm

He let Carter get into his head and that is Carter's game. I didn't think he had a bad game, I think he fit in with how the rest of the team played.

It should be getting close to where he needs to take a game or two off to rest his knees. Maybe his reduced minutes will extend that.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#270 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:He let Carter get into his head and that is Carter's game. I didn't think he had a bad game, I think he fit in with how the rest of the team played.

It should be getting close to where he needs to take a game or two off to rest his knees. Maybe his reduced minutes will extend that.

He had a good rebounding and passing game and hit a couple of big shots. It was a good all around game IF you black out that 2nd quarter. But as one of our principal defensive contributors you can't give him a passing grade when we get hurt that badly at his matchup.

It was a subpar Iggy game because his defense failed at an important juncture. He would certainly rate himself poorly for that game if you asked.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#271 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:He let Carter get into his head and that is Carter's game. I didn't think he had a bad game, I think he fit in with how the rest of the team played.

He had a good rebounding and passing game and hit a couple of big shots. It was a good all around game IF you black out that 2nd quarter. But as one of our principal defensive contributors you can't give him a passing grade when we get hurt that badly at his matchup.

It was a subpar Iggy game because his defense failed at an important juncture. He would certainly rate himself poorly for that game if you asked.

It would have been nice for him to have stepped up this game. They needed someone to have a good game. I came away from this game with a good feeling. It was a loss, but collectively no one had a good game. You can chalk some of that up to the Grizz, but not all of it.

You normally don't see Dre get caught up emotionally like he did. I expect him to be a leader and I think he fell short of that. It was a BS tech he got called on, but why the theatrics? Maybe I haven't been watching him away from the ball enough, but he sure seemed more animated during the game and that might be because of Carter. I have seen him argue calls etc, but I don't recall as much back and fort with the other team.

He has improved by being more assertive, but he still needs to step it up. I wouldn't give him a passing grade this game either.
Kuya
Assistant Coach

Post#272 » by Kuya » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

He's straight garbage for what we're paying him

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mikayal
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#273 » by Mikayal » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Um, anybody have any idea how much Iggy got fined for that dance yesterday?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#274 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 pm

A tech is about a $2,000 fine.

I am curious, why you didn't ask about Draymond's trash-talking tech, or Kerr's expletive/abuse rant tech?
Coxy
RealGM

Iggy needs a kick in the ... 

Post#275 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:A tech is about a $2,000 fine.

I am curious, why you didn't ask about Draymond's trash-talking tech, or Kerr's expletive/abuse rant tech?

DELETED. Please see your PM

Return to Golden State Warriors