ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to eat crow folks....

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Time to eat crow folks.... 

Post#121 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

If you'd notice my first response to any of this was based on your quote....I don't care what other gobbledegook you came up with that didn't pertain to what I was saying in response to that.

That's why i said reading is comprehensive. Why is it unbeleiveable, when you go off on some tangent. I stayed on point. You said 7 mil is to much for a backup, all the while you were really cool with 12 mil coming off the bench already. I find that laughable.

And don't get this twisted either, because I think how much the guys make coming off the bench is moot for this team. Its abouit what fits the best to me.

I proved you wrong, now get going on that crow.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#122 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

The context is right there in the full quote and it doesn't in the slightest change the meaning of what you said. You should probably go back and skim your own posts before you accuse people of misrepresenting you.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#123 » by Xplatformer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:You KNOW who you are....time to come clean and admit you were wrong about...

Harrison Barnes being garbage. Yes at least half the board last year was saying he's awful and we should dump him. So fess up.

Klay Thompson....I never thought he would be this good this fast. His ability to finish this year is super impressive. His confidence to hit big shots even when he's not been shooting well is a huge sign of progression.

Draymond Green. Many of you were saying he shouldn't shoot...and now he's a legitimate stretch 4.

Those that thought firing Jackson was a mistake....

Step on up....admit when you were wrong.

HOLD UP.

I'll admit that I hated HOW Mark Jackson was let go. Not that he was let go.

My trepidation about replacing him with Steve Kerr (a completely unproven coach) ...was unwarranted as well. Didn't know Steve would bring in Mr. Gentry though. :D

Harrison Barnes/David Lee/Klay Thompson for Kevin Love/Martin would have been a bad move for the franchise and it was obvious. Not sure why more people didn't see it.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#124 » by and1GS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 am

I was calling for MJax's head for a while and was apprehensive about Kerr because he had 0 coaching experience. Seems like he's getting along fine, though I'd like to heap a lot of praise onto the whole staff. Lacob went out and got an all-star team to coach these guys. About damn time an owner did that, it's a shame seeing great collections of talent go down as nothing special when it's all said and done while they are clearly crying out for direction from a good staff - remember those Arenas/Hughes/Jamison Wizards teams that did nothing? Or the current uber-stacked Pacers team that saw their core guys either fade at season's end (George) or disappear in the playoffs (Hibbert)? Or those Bucks teams with Ray/Cassell/Big Dog?

Not saying coaching was/is the whole problem, but maximizing talent does become an afterthought to some coaches nowadays when they get siloed in their line of thinking and don't delegate properly - the latter is something MJax was pitiful at.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#125 » by shazam_guy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 am

I'm with AndUno here. I never disliked Jackson, although some of his coaching annoyed me, but you can really see the difference in the overall coaching between last year and now. Kerr obviously isn't afraid to work with seasoned coaches, which really helps. But the most important thing is that now there seems to be plans in place to improve the team in the areas it needs improvement, which I didn't see much under Jackson. Some things, like general offensive stagnation, really didn't improve all year, and was covered up many nights by Curry and others just sinking a lot of shots.

As far as the Love trade, I didn't mind that it didn't go down, and I would never have wanted to give up Klay plus all the rest of the package. Kevin Love is a brilliant but limited player. Thompson may never play in as many All Star Games as Love over his career, but that's because of the position Thompson plays. He's been getting steadily better every year. I'm pretty excited about his long-term game.

And now that it didn't go down, this is Barnes' chance to be tested. He's now at the highest level of basketball, where the mental game is as important as the physical game, probably more so. He looks like he's beginning to figure that out and take things up a notch. I think he will, but if he doesn't, I still think it was worth the gamble to stick with him.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#126 » by DaHef » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Boomerfan wrote:
Mylie10 wrote: I said you were advocating for Iguodala who makes 12 million to come off the bench....12 is more than 7. You also agreed with me that Lee might be good off the bench...and he makes 15 million....that's a total of 27 million dollars that you are ok with coming off the bench.

People get really hung up over who is a Bench Vs Starter and what they should be getting paid as a result.

It doesn't matter who starts... it matters who finishes... and I have a feeling at the end of games there is going to be a lot of Iggy and Lee.

The fact about $27 mill sitting on the bench is irrelevant. Doesn't matter how much they get paid. What will matter is when it's pay day for Green and whether this franchise considers using Lee's money to pay Green to keep him... but that is a completely different story.

I don't believe you start guys based on salary. Lee and Iggy are very very valuable commodities we can afford to keep only because Green and Barnes are on rookie salaries. Let's just enjoy the added depth whilst we can and see if it can deliver a championship.

Great point. After the rookie contracts run out,, they may have to shed some talent. This year may be the best collection they can hope for if they want to stay under the cap.

Return to Golden State Warriors