ImageImageImageImageImage

Observations From First 10 Games

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Observations From First 10 Games 

Post#41 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm

I've been on the ChuckS bandwagon for a while now.....mostly because I agree with him most of the time.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#42 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:
old rem wrote: I don't get to see every game, often I follow a gamecast, analyze box score. Again.. it seems variable. If his matchup is scoring efficiently... is he bringing deluxe D?

Pretty much standard, both the method and the logic, for all people bagging on Iguodala.

Majesty and Rem are points per game guys and don't often watch the games it seems to me. Making projections about play while not watching the game is kind of dumb.

Don't ever speak for me or for Rem. I watched the games and everybody has different opinions. Just because me, Rem, or whoever else don't agree with you about the games doesn't mean we not watching it. Everybody has different opinions about the games, players, taste, overall, views in life. Who are you? A surveillance camera? Here, I'm about to scratch my balls. Watch that.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#43 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Rem just said in his own words "I don't get to see every game, often I follow a gamecast, analyze box score" so why don't you just speak for you and let Rem speak for rem?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#44 » by FNQ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Royal, you were in the game thread talking about how Barbosa should score more.. When our announcers repeatedly mentioned how he wasnt coming back after a 1st Q injury that was extremely obvious. So....
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#45 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:38 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:
Pretty much standard, both the method and the logic, for all people bagging on Iguodala.

Majesty and Rem are points per game guys and don't often watch the games it seems to me. Making projections about play while not watching the game is kind of dumb.

Don't ever speak for me or for Rem. I watched the games and everybody has different opinions. Just because me, Rem, or whoever else don't agree with you about the games doesn't mean we not watching it. Everybody has different opinions about the games, players, taste, overall, views in life. Who are you? A surveillance camera? Here, I'm about to scratch my balls. Watch that.

The way you post suggest you read box scores and then comment. You fixate on points per game and downplay certain stats that you only get from watching the games.....maybe you do watch them, but I'd suggest you open the eyes a bit....you're missing so much of it.

And Rem has admitted to not watching games and using box scores to make his prognosis....I give him a pass because he's been here forever and he lives in Ohio.....what's your excuse?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#46 » by Boomerfan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:16 am

my favourite observation from the first 10 games is that not a single player in a post game interview has.

1. "given the glory to God"
2. "first off I want to thank God for the win"
3. "we didn't let go of the rope"
4. "It's truly a blessing"

The cleansing is almost complete.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#47 » by Darren_Errman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:27 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Royal, you were in the game thread talking about how Barbosa should score more.. When our announcers repeatedly mentioned how he wasnt coming back after a 1st Q injury that was extremely obvious. So....

:lol:
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#48 » by cj03 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 am

I'm a little worried about our offense. With no Bogut or Lee initiating the offense, it looks rough out there. It would be really nice to have a microwave type scorer off the bench...but I guess we're just counting on Lee and Bogut to stay healthy.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#49 » by cdubbz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 am

cj03 wrote:I'm a little worried about our offense. With no Bogut or Lee initiating the offense, it looks rough out there. It would be really nice to have a microwave type scorer off the bench...but I guess we're just counting on Lee and Bogut to stay healthy.

That's what i've been looking for from our bench. Mo Speights has answered that calling the past few games. He's been just unbelievable scoring off the bench. BUT i'm greedy and want one more "microwave type scorer" off the bench. Like you said, with no Bogut or Lee initiating the offense, it looks rough out there.

I''ve never heard the reason why we dropped Jordan Crawford? Anyone have that reason? He'd be much better than Holiday at the end of our bench.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#50 » by Onus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 am

cj03 wrote:I'm a little worried about our offense. With no Bogut or Lee initiating the offense, it looks rough out there. It would be really nice to have a microwave type scorer off the bench...but I guess we're just counting on Lee and Bogut to stay healthy.

A microwave scorer isn't going to help the offense as much as a passing big who can dictate where the play should go, especially with how limited the spacing is out there in the 2nd unit.

Think about what you just said, without Bogut or Lee initiating the offense it looks rough out there. Yet you want to bring in a microwave scorer to solve the bench's scoring issues?

The problem with our offense is that it's predicated on something not a lot of bigs can do. The list is pretty limited to what bigs can actually continue the offense or keep the flow and movement. There's Noah, Gasols, Diaw, Garnett, Duncan, Dirk, Love, AK, Horford, maybe JSMoove, Monroe, Bosh, Brow, Boogie, Mainly highly skilled and smart bigs or basically an all-star. That's to keep ball movement. If you want a scorer the big better be able to shoot, which is why Kerr wanted a stretch 4 because you can see that Speights gets plenty of shots at the top of the key. So they have to be a high volume jumpshooter capable of getting hot works best with a 3 point shooter, like a Ryan Anderson,Channing Frye, or Love.

Love really would've been amazing in this offense.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#51 » by cj03 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am

Onus, i agree with what you're saying but you don't think a isiah Thomas or jarrett jack would help this team? Not that I'm saying either were realistic for us, but a player like either of those guys would help our bench a ton
Onus
RealGM

Post#52 » by Onus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 am

cj03 wrote:Onus, i agree with what you're saying but you don't think a isiah Thomas or jarrett jack would help this team? Not that I'm saying either were realistic for us, but a player like either of those guys would help our bench a ton

The thing is that it's not really in the pg's hands all that much during the possession. Sure those guys add a punch, but when your outlet in the offense is a big at the top of the key and he's hesitating not knowing what to do with it, we'll be resorting to the same isolation ball that we've been trying to get away from.
Onus
RealGM

Post#53 » by Onus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 am

Let's put it this way ... the offense just craters for the most part once Ezeli is out there.
Boomerfan
Banned User

Post#54 » by Boomerfan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 am

I think it's Bogut or Lee... rather than both of them. We need a big that can stand at the top of the key, set a screen and pass given our offense relies on it so much.

It's just unfortunate that with neither of them we have nobody to play that role.
Onus
RealGM

Post#55 » by Onus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:39 am

Boomerfan wrote:

I think it's Bogut or Lee... rather than both of them. We need a big that can stand at the top of the key, set a screen and pass given our offense relies on it so much.

It's just unfortunate that with neither of them we have nobody to play that role.

I feel like Tragic Johnson should be able to do it, but for some reason he doesn't seem to have that effect ...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#56 » by cdubbz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 am

Onus wrote:

A microwave scorer isn't going to help the offense as much as a passing big who can dictate where the play should go, especially with how limited the spacing is out there in the 2nd unit.

Think about what you just said, without Bogut or Lee initiating the offense it looks rough out there. Yet you want to bring in a microwave scorer to solve the bench's scoring issues?

The problem with our offense is that it's predicated on something not a lot of bigs can do. The list is pretty limited to what bigs can actually continue the offense or keep the flow and movement. There's Noah, Gasols, Diaw, Garnett, Duncan, Dirk, Love, AK, Horford, maybe JSMoove, Monroe, Bosh, Brow, Boogie, Mainly highly skilled and smart bigs or basically an all-star. That's to keep ball movement. If you want a scorer the big better be able to shoot, which is why Kerr wanted a stretch 4 because you can see that Speights gets plenty of shots at the top of the key. So they have to be a high volume jumpshooter capable of getting hot works best with a 3 point shooter, like a Ryan Anderson,Channing Frye, or Love.

IMO i don't think our bench has to exactly has to play like our starters. Our offense with our starters is completely different than when none of our starters are in the game for the most part. Everyone is right that Bogut dictates the offense, Curry isn't ball handling as much, but running off screens, but what i what people aren't realizing is that our bench doesn't have all the skills to replicate what our starts can all the time.

Livingston, Barbosa, Iggy, Speights are strong in moving the ball, but its definitely not the same as our starters with Ezeli and Mo not being strong at high post passing.

Would it be too difficult for our coaching staff to come up with a few different sets for our bench? Not completely different, but we obviously don't have the same tools off the bench as we do in our starters.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#57 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Royal, you were in the game thread talking about how Barbosa should score more.. When our announcers repeatedly mentioned how he wasnt coming back after a 1st Q injury that was extremely obvious. So....

Hey FireNellieQuick, it's called going out and they don't turn up on the volume of the game to hear what the announcers are saying at the restaurant. Maybe you should go out more often so you can make some friends and understand what a life is instead of a social network life :lol:
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#58 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:20 am

Darren_Errman wrote:

:lol:

Read above. Maybe you and FNQ can go on a date :lol:
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#59 » by michaelm » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:42 am

Onus wrote:

The Ws have 2 who can do it, which would seem a good thing, and perhaps not a bad gamble to take that at least one will be available since thus far it seems to be a point of difference for the Ws and difficult for other teams to counter. Hopefully not too many games without either Bogut or Lee, and if they are still wins like the last game, however scrappy, so much the better.
Boomerfan
Banned User

Post#60 » by Boomerfan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:

Hey FireNellieQuick, it's called going out and they don't turn up on the volume of the game to hear what the announcers are saying at the restaurant. Maybe you should go out more often so you can make some friends and understand what a life is instead of a social network life :lol:

I believe FNQ point still stands... how can Barbosa "score more" when he isn't even on the floor playing or even on the bench sitting down for that matter?

Seems an odd observation to make if you were actually watching the game... whether the sound is down or not. Usually you would only say that if a guy was on the court and passive... not in the change rooms getting treatment.

Return to Golden State Warriors