ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Warriors ever bring in a new mascot?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Will Warriors ever bring in a new mascot? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 am

Seems like a good time to have a mascot! Team is very entertaining, they're playing elite basketball, selling out crowds, etc etc. Is there a reason why the Warriors haven't come up with a new mascot? I know there doesn't seem like a need for one, but it's always nice. I mean the Suns have a gorilla in a Suns jersey haha.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Will Warriors ever bring in a new mascot? 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 am

Sleepy51 and FNQ will be the "Friendly Fondling Bears" by the start of next season.
GoldenState-
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#3 » by GoldenState- » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:50 am

The new mascot should be the Bay Bridge. He'd do back flips and **** and lights would be flashing after Warrior's score.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 am

I'd like to see a giant solid gold Golden State of California on a unicycle.......it would be top heavy and tough to control, so it will have the aspect of danger attached, and may damage the floor or fans if it falls over.

Not sure if that will work though, because that much gold weighs a lot and would probably just rip through the trampoline and make dunking really tough.....But that one time that the dunk works will be epic....and it might just blow the floor planks apart on the landing......picture that!...on sports center.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by Quazza » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:03 am

whatever happened to that "Bridgey" that someone whipped up on here a few years back. Now HE was a mascot I could get behind
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#6 » by HiRez » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:58 pm

California has a bear on its state flag (a California grizzly bear named "Monarch"), so Golden State's mascot should be a bear.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#7 » by Muggsy Bogues » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 pm

GoldenState- wrote:The new mascot should be the Bay Bridge. He'd do back flips and **** and lights would be flashing after Warrior's score.

AliG1488
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#8 » by AliG1488 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm

We should just bring back Kent Bazemore
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I'd like to see a giant solid gold Golden State of California on a unicycle.......it would be top heavy and tough to control, so it will have the aspect of danger attached, and may damage the floor or fans if it falls over.

Not sure if that will work though, because that much gold weighs a lot and would probably just rip through the trampoline and make dunking really tough.....But that one time that the dunk works will be epic....and it might just blow the floor planks apart on the landing......picture that!...on sports center.

Kind of tricky to pull off. We COULD copy Stanford's Dancing Tree... Ex-Giant mascot "Crazy Crab". Might try vintage Bay Area with..."Trippy Hippy" ? :meditate:
CENSORED... No comment.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#10 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 pm

mascots are hella lame

unless....

AliG1488 wrote:We should just bring back Kent Bazemore

this could work.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#11 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Bring back the Indian!
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#12 » by NuWarriors » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Bring back the Indian!

We can't. That would be a conflict of interest since he bought the Sacramento Kings.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm

I emailed Lacob the idea of a commercial revolving around mascot tryouts.....could be funny if done right...and at the end of the commercial we have a look a like bandito from "Blazing Saddles" say, "Mascot?......we don't need no stinking Mascot!"
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Steph 4 3
Junior
And1: 23

Post#14 » by Steph 4 3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I emailed Lacob the idea of a commercial revolving around mascot tryouts.....could be funny if done right...and at the end of the commercial we have a look a like bandito from "Blazing Saddles" say, "Mascot?......we don't need no stinking Mascot!"

"Treasure of the Sierra Madre" is still the classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ
Steph 4 3
Junior
And1: 23

Post#15 » by Steph 4 3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I emailed Lacob the idea of a commercial revolving around mascot tryouts.....could be funny if done right...and at the end of the commercial we have a look a like bandito from "Blazing Saddles" say, "Mascot?......we don't need no stinking Mascot!"

"Comedy Relief" of a Harlem Globetrotter's half time show would be fun. "#DullSquad" ??? :D

One routine could be a frantic keystone cops-type routine where a 3-wheeler with a basket mounted to it is driven herky-jerky while the "DullSquad" tries hitting it for points? Maybe the shooters wear numbered uniforms and the crowd roots for "their number" to rack up the points and a win. A human take-off on dot races?

Fun stuff!
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#16 » by old rem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:28 am

Actually... that was a classic scene in Bogart's great flick,the Treasure Of The Sierra Madre. Blazing Saddles.. did PARODY of dozens of " Western Movies"
CENSORED... No comment.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#17 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 am

One of my better ideas that did not come to fruition was back in the dark days when we played a year in San Jose. The team was horrible. The fans were disgusted. And on top of it all, we had that horrendous Berzerker mascot. I only heard people cheer for him twice: once when he fell down the arena stairs, and once when he got punched as part of some skit.

Around the trade deadline, I really wanted the team to trade the Berzerker to some other team. I figured surely some other team had a mascot they were ready to get rid of. They must have known the Berzerker was a giant bust already. It would have been a cheesy, fun way to drum up a little publicity in an otherwise dismal year.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly

Return to Golden State Warriors