ImageImageImageImageImage

Pouch Riding Warriors vs the Other Guys (Utah) 11/21/14

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,037

Re: Pouch Riding Warriors vs the Other Guys (Utah) 11/21/14 

Post#101 » by Jester_ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz fan here. I'm not sure how the Warriors became an elite defensive team, but they are. Jazz coughed up a lot of junk and the Ws were running out. Surprisingly good passing team too. The way Steph is orchestrating right now is close to Steve Nash-MVP good.

Having 4 all-NBA calibre defenders on one roster can do that :P
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#102 » by napsDUBS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

For those of you, who didn't watch the game

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKkEbv3RJrE[/youtube]
CCComboBreaker
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#103 » by CCComboBreaker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Barnes with another solid game and top 3/4 performance. We aren't just winning games, we are dominating games with him as a starter. The team is much better overall then it was last year and Barnes is contributing to that change nicely. Lol @ the people that said he couldn't work on his dribbling. That cross and go (that's he's always had in his arsenal to be honest) is coming along nicely and it's obvious he's been working to refine his game.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#104 » by Mac1958 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 pm

napsDUBS wrote:For those of you, who didn't watch the game

Wow, that pick & roll lob at 5:30 is just freakin' gorgeous.

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#105 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

It's actually the defense that get's me fired up the most.

There was a stretch in the first half where Utah was able to get perhaps two uncontested comfortable shots that they wanted. Warriors basically gave them nothing for the first half.....dominated the glass....

One thing Green and Barnes are really doing well is rebound the defensive boards when Bogut goes for the block.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#106 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Mac1958 wrote:
napsDUBS wrote:For those of you, who didn't watch the game

Wow, that pick & roll lob at 5:30 is just freakin' gorgeous.

Let me say something about that. We've all harped on Curry's lazy one handed passes.

Question: Who in the NBA can make that pass? Who can dribble left and hoist an on target left handed alley oop?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#107 » by DaHef » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:It's actually the defense that get's me fired up the most.

There was a stretch in the first half where Utah was able to get perhaps two uncontested comfortable shots that they wanted. Warriors basically gave them nothing for the first half.....dominated the glass....

One thing Green and Barnes are really doing well is rebound the defensive boards when Bogut goes for the block.

Yep. They smothered Utah.

My gripe with Utah offense is they should have cleared out and fed Kanter down low to exploit Green. They did it on the first play and Kanter missed the shot and they didn't go back to it much after that.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#108 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz fan here. I'm not sure how the Warriors became an elite defensive team, but they are. Jazz coughed up a lot of junk and the Ws were running out. Surprisingly good passing team too. The way Steph is orchestrating right now is close to Steve Nash-MVP good.

When we let go Don Nelson and his loverboys Keith Smart and Larry Riley.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#109 » by DaHef » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:02 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:

When we let go Don Nelson and his loverboys Keith Smart and Larry Riley.

Larry Riley's bust will reside right next to Dave Twardzik's.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#110 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:It's actually the defense that get's me fired up the most.

ME TOO! Love this defense. Credit to the players no doubt, but I love the Ron Adams hiring. I can't stop saying how good of a defensive coach he is and how much fun he's going to have with so many defensive toys on this Golden State Warriors roster. I mean you have Andrew Bogut, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Festus Ezeli, Shaun Livingston, Harrison Barnes, Brandon Rush, Justin Holiday, and even Ognjen Kuzmic. Merry Christmas Ron Adams! Merry Freaking Christmas!
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#111 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:15 pm

First Curry goes all Magic with the nifty fast break dishes against the Lakers, then he goes all Stockton with the pass first mentality against the Jazz. What's next? All Iverson against Philly? All GP against OKC? All D-Ros-- nevermind...

Return to Golden State Warriors