ImageImageImageImageImage

Which 2 do you select out of these 3: Green, Lee or Iggy

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Run TMC
Ballboy
And1: 2

Which 2 do you select out of these 3: Green, Lee or Iggy 

Post#1 » by Run TMC » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:46 pm

I caught a warriors podcast over the weekend and they pointed out that due to salary concerns there was a good chance that GSW would have to choose two out of the Iggy/Lee/Draymond three. They also argued over who those two should be.

The consensus seemed to be to let Lee walk, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Here is the Podcast for those interested:

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/3253568
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: Which 2 do you select out of these 3: Green, Lee or Iggu 

Post#2 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Keep Draymond at all costs. The other two, whatever, I don't care one way or the other. Keep em or trade em to make cap space for Dray.

Just. Keep. Draymond.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Which 2 do you select out of these 3: Green, Lee or Iggy 

Post#3 » by Mylie10 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:56 pm

I'd look...in the off season....at deals for Iguodala and Lee and try to free salary to go after Marc Gasol....or in that scenario use Bogut as well. This would be another case of a player who would really have to want to come here....so chances are slim.

Why do we keep throwing out names of players that are marginal at best when talking trades? Let's talk about the guys with impact. Curry and Klay can be a draw for big name talent, so let's use that to our advantage.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#4 » by Money_ » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Yeah, you definitely keep Draymond.

Lee or Iggy? Whether you keep Iggy depends on what their plans are for Barnes. The most likely move would be trading Lee, and while getting rid of his contract would serve the team's financial plans, who you get back is also a factor. Heard someone suggest KG for Lee. I'd do that trade.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#5 » by The-Power » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:01 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Just. Keep. Draymond.

This! Green should be indisputably the first choice by far. Lee and Iggy are both valuable. Iggy more than Lee probably, but on the other hand Lee's contract is better for us to deal with and of lower risk. I guess you can make an argument for each of them and the offers could be an important factor, but set the right priorities and be sure you keep Dray no matter what.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#6 » by californiadude » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm

I'd probably go Draymond and Lee...Iggy's great but he plays a much more stacked position and with Bogut unreliable, That makes Lee pretty valuable. I do agree with Mylie that we should look into trades next offseason and if we had a shot at Gasol, then we should definitely move heaven and earth for him.

I think we should hold pat this deadline unless were getting a legit center back, if we could do that...then all bets are off...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#7 » by turk3d » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Definitely Green, who's the obvious choice. As for Iggy and Lee, I think I'd rather wait and see how Lee does when he gets back before I'd make that decision. Right now my preference would be to wait after the season and then decide. Then it would be Lee most likely and maybe both. We'll see how they/we do come seasons end.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#8 » by Darren_Errman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Green and Iggy. Stacked collection of 6'7 defenders is what makes the Warriors dangerous.

Speights can easily offset Lee's offensive contribution. In fact, Speights is a better defender than Lee.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#9 » by cdubbz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

this is why ive been looking for trades for igoudala and lee on the trade board. been getting shot down aggressively lol
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#10 » by Kuya » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Green and Lee
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#11 » by statsman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Green and Iguodala. I would prefer not to see Lee in the playoffs.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#12 » by 510TWSS » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Green & Iggy.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#13 » by DLeagueAllStars » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Lee and green.... Lee can run the high post like bogut to keep the offense moving
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#14 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Green and Iggy. Stacked collection of 6'7 defenders is what makes the Warriors dangerous.

Speights can easily offset Lee's offensive contribution. In fact, Speights is a better defender than Lee.

I agree with this. I'd try to trade Lee in a package that brought back a big, defensive-oriented PF who could help to facilitate the offense somewhat. You know, kind of like Josh Smith if he wasn't Josh Smith.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#15 » by Warriorfan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:39 pm

I keep the versatile Green who provides some of the elements Iggy and Lee provide. I think Iggy for Brandon Haywood non guaranteed deal and David Lee for A pick and a back up Big.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#16 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 pm

"Would have to" why? To keep out of the tax?

My choice would be to re-sign Draymond, let Lee walk when his contract is up summer 2016, and trade an expiring Iggy summer 2016 so the Warriors have maximum cap space to sign a big-name free agent like Kevin Durant.

I wouldn't make any other moves for salary purposes - no matter what Warriors will be taxpayers next season, and no matter what they will be way under the tax threshold the following season... so don't make any moves for salary purposes, it's too shortsighted. Make moves if they improve the team - and if they improve the team and also help out with cap management, all the better.

I suppose the wild card here is Harrison Barnes. Is he going to continue to improve, continue to be a vital part of the team? How much will it cost to re-sign him? Clearly Lee is not in the long term plans, at least at his current salary, so maybe (say this summer?) you trade the expiring Lee in order to free up playing time and money to re-sign Barnes - but do it to get an asset, not just to dump salary.

Depth is one of the strengths of this team, it would be a shame to give away depth, basically just to save Joe Lacob from some of the tax payments he'd be making next season.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#17 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:03 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Keep Draymond at all costs. The other two, whatever, I don't care one way or the other. Keep em or trade em to make cap space for Dray.

Just. Keep. Draymond.

You don't need cap space to re-sign Draymond. Warriors could sign him to a max contract even while they are paying the luxury tax.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#18 » by statsman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Keep Draymond at all costs. The other two, whatever, I don't care one way or the other. Keep em or trade em to make cap space for Dray.

Just. Keep. Draymond.

You don't need cap space to re-sign Draymond. Warriors could sign him to a max contract even while they are paying the luxury tax.

True, but watch out for the apron. Entering the luxury tax and exceeding the apron could prevent the team from receiving a S&T player in the offseason. It would also reduce the MLE to a mini-MLE and prevent the use of the Bi-Annual, but that may not be as critical as the S&T issue.
Faceless
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#19 » by Faceless » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Green and Ig. Defense period.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#20 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 pm

I think Lee can be moved fairly easily this off season, if his come back is solid after his hamstring. I think Dre can moved as well if need be. That leaves Green who you want to keep, over either Lee, Dre or Barnes.

Return to Golden State Warriors