ImageImageImageImageImage

American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread 

Post#101 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:06 pm

He's merely saying that God has a plan for him.....doesn't mean anything beyond that.

Doesn't mean he's gonna be the Messiah or anything world changing. Just merely not to worry about what others say....walk your path and be fine with that.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#102 » by likashing » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:08 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/572218556051546112[/tweet]

Is Dray dumb or he just has a weird way to motivate himself?

I just don't know what he can use next season when we go for a two-peat after we have matched the best offer he gets though...

Or is he just sad that Kuz won't be back next year?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#103 » by kaiballz » Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:52 pm

kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#104 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 6, 2015 7:07 am

I see a lot of people saying our small ball lineup wouldn't work against Memphis, but looking back on our game w/ the Grizz earlier this season I have to say the opposite.

I think our small ball lineup is the answer to beating the Grizz.

Going into the 4th quarter we were down 11 against Memphis when we came out w/ Draymond at Center. We quickly cut the lead down to 4 and when they brought Gasol into the game we neutralized him w/ double teams. We were missing shots on our 3rd game in 4 nights and Memphis would win the game (thanks in large part to a blatant missed call on a Conley travel that instead was called an and1) but we nearly won BECAUSE of small ball.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#105 » by cj03 » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:45 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:I see a lot of people saying our small ball lineup wouldn't work against Memphis, but looking back on our game w/ the Grizz earlier this season I have to say the opposite.

I think our small ball lineup is the answer to beating the Grizz.

Going into the 4th quarter we were down 11 against Memphis when we came out w/ Draymond at Center. We quickly cut the lead down to 4 and when they brought Gasol into the game we neutralized him w/ double teams. We were missing shots on our 3rd game in 4 nights and Memphis would win the game (thanks in large part to a blatant missed call on a Conley travel that instead was called an and1) but we nearly won BECAUSE of small ball.

I'm really fascinated to see if Kerr has the balls to do this in crunch time. I do agree that you HAVE to double Memphis, particularly with their lack of shooters. And you might as well double with quicker guys with quick hands, instead of Mo and Lee. I personally would go with Bogut/Dray to start, and then bring in Iggy, Barnes and Livingston and see what happens.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#106 » by B-King » Sun Mar 8, 2015 10:55 am

The addition on Jeff Green to Memphis is the probably the best additional any team in the West made. It addressed one of their needs for additional scoring. Thankfully they didn't pick up another outside shooter.

A Golden State vs. Memphis match-up will be a dog fight and I would probably take the odds that Bogut gets ejected one game. Let's hope he takes Z-Bo with him.

My worst fear is that Draymond gets a humongous offer sheet from the Pistons. The Dubs might have to consider a sign and trade for Monroe on a more reasonable contract.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:09 pm

B-King wrote:The addition on Jeff Green to Memphis is the probably the best additional any team in the West made. It addressed one of their needs for additional scoring. Thankfully they didn't pick up another outside shooter.

A Golden State vs. Memphis match-up will be a dog fight and I would probably take the odds that Bogut gets ejected one game. Let's hope he takes Z-Bo with him.

My worst fear is that Draymond gets a humongous offer sheet from the Pistons. The Dubs might have to consider a sign and trade for Monroe on a more reasonable contract.

Not sure I agree. They've looked pedestrian since the acquisition are 3-4 in their last 7. I don't understand why they start Green and bring Allen off the bench. It throws off their biggest strength. Their defense loses more w/ him on the floor than their offense gains.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#108 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 4:55 pm

I think the biggest addition will end up being Festus Ezeli ;)-
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#109 » by B-King » Sun Mar 8, 2015 10:24 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
B-King wrote:The addition on Jeff Green to Memphis is the probably the best additional any team in the West made. It addressed one of their needs for additional scoring. Thankfully they didn't pick up another outside shooter.

Not sure I agree. They've looked pedestrian since the acquisition are 3-4 in their last 7. I don't understand why they start Green and bring Allen off the bench. It throws off their biggest strength. Their defense loses more w/ him on the floor than their offense gains.

The trade addressed one of their biggest needs which was an additional scorer. Not sure if the latest stretch (3-4) is due to the addition of Green, Allen's team issues or other. We will see how it all plays out in the second season.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#110 » by Quazza » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:07 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#111 » by migya » Mon Mar 9, 2015 8:34 am

East Bay Sports wrote:

That seems right, Memphis doesn't look better at all, though JGreen can score a bit, he isn't anything special and isn't efficient. He's probably more like Gay was for them and may actually end up hindering them a bit rather than being a plus.

At full strength, the Warriors simply outmatch Memphis almost everywhere. Randolph and MGasol have to go against Green and Bogut, two of the top 10 defenders, close to top 5 defenders in the nba right now, both of whom the team doesn't need to score much to win. Our backcourt destroys theirs and so does our bench. It would take injuries to one or two of the team's main players for Memphis to really have a chance in a playoff series.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:27 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sherwoodstrauss/status/574713506504687616[/tweet]
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#113 » by kaiballz » Mon Mar 9, 2015 3:36 pm

be prepared to watch the most calm roasting of anyone ever in history
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H2qsR6LQog[/youtube]
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:09 pm

Draymond getting tons of national pub based on the Dantay Jones post game bump...Draymonds face is priceless....the look is like, "Man...if I wasn't doin this interview, and if we weren't on this run, and if I weren't so damned valuable to my team, I would whoop yo effin a$$!"
Khoee wrote “
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#115 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:35 pm

Per ESPN: Before the Grizzlies acquired Jeff Green, they were scoring 106 points per 100 possessions, but since then, they are averaging only 102 points per 100 possessions. The biggest change for them is that they are now turning the ball over more frequently (plus-1.5 turnovers per 100 possessions). In their area of greatest weakness, the Grizzlies have been going in the wrong direction.

I believe the largest offer that Green can receive is a little over 15 mil for his first season and ramps up from there. I don't think the Warriors would have any interest in Monroe and will match any offer. Draymond can force his way to another team, but I don't see him doing that. I think he is happy playing for the Warriors.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#116 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:36 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Draymond getting tons of national pub based on the Dantay Jones post game bump...Draymonds face is priceless....the look is like, "Man...if I wasn't doin this interview, and if we weren't on this run, and if I weren't so damned valuable to my team, I would whoop yo effin a$$!"

Jones is an idiot.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#117 » by old rem » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:34 pm

Minus Bird Rights.... not sure the Pistons could engineer a Monroe S+T.. or that on the other end GSW can do likewise. Not sure the Pistons think Dray is a max $ guy. Do they use what cap they have to get a "tweener" jack of all trades but a guy who's NOT a scorer? GSW has 2 high score guards. If Dray scores 7 one game. 20 the next..then 12.. it is fine...for GSW. For some teams it just does not work. Dray will be seen as a great FIT for GSW...a "system" asset...but he's NOT a "prototype" PF. Who has large cap $? Do they NEED a PF? Do they need a C? a Scorer? SG? SF? I think there may be a FEW bids in the area of $10-12 mill...which is about what GSW probably offers as opening bid. There's a "what if" and while I do NOT expect a "max" bid.... I've seen GSW games on ESPN,on TNT..where Dray has one of his spurts and they are talking about Max $. They see THAT game. They don't look so much at who HAS the cap to bid max $.. or if thet team already has a PF.
CENSORED... No comment.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#118 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:17 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Draymond getting tons of national pub based on the Dantay Jones post game bump...Draymonds face is priceless....the look is like, "Man...if I wasn't doin this interview, and if we weren't on this run, and if I weren't so damned valuable to my team, I would whoop yo effin a$$!"

Jones is an idiot.

Fined $10,000 by the league for his dumb bump! :lol:
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#119 » by Quazza » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 am

cannot stand Doc Rivers

"Wow, that was such a violent bump," Rivers said sarcastically. "It was amazing. I told Dahntay, 'You have to be careful; that was too hard.' I guess that tough guy in Golden State, that bump was too hard for him, clearly the way he reacted, my goodness. I thought that guy was tough."
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#120 » by Coxy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 am

Quazza wrote:cannot stand Doc Rivers

"Wow, that was such a violent bump," Rivers said sarcastically. "It was amazing. I told Dahntay, 'You have to be careful; that was too hard.' I guess that tough guy in Golden State, that bump was too hard for him, clearly the way he reacted, my goodness. I thought that guy was tough."

Yeah he's very irritating.

Return to Golden State Warriors