ImageImageImageImageImage

American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Looking to steal Green in off-season 

Post#161 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 am

The fact teams know with the new cap and the fact GS will say they will match I bet you alot of teams will not waste their time offering him a big deal.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#162 » by B-King » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:42 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:The fact teams know with the new cap and the fact GS will say they will match I bet you alot of teams will not waste their time offering him a big deal.

I think the exception is the Pistons. Sign him early to a big deal and see what happens. He has added value as a hometown hero and even if the Warriors match it is good PR for them in trying to get him.

Imagine if the Pistons came at the Warriors in a sign and trade deal where we get Monroe and give up Green & Lee.

Also the Warriors have done the same in the past with Jordan.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#163 » by migya » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:29 am

B-King wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:The fact teams know with the new cap and the fact GS will say they will match I bet you alot of teams will not waste their time offering him a big deal.

I think the exception is the Pistons. Sign him early to a big deal and see what happens. He has added value as a hometown hero and even if the Warriors match it is good PR for them in trying to get him.

Imagine if the Pistons came at the Warriors in a sign and trade deal where we get Monroe and give up Green & Lee.

Monroe is another Lee type. Hold on to Green at all costs with how he and the team have played this season.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#164 » by marthafokker » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 am

Chris4Vikes wrote:
cj03 wrote:they would definitely match 12 mil/year.

4 and $60 then.

Celts should go get Whiteside with that money. Celts need a center and this one is available.

Plus, don't know if Heats want to get another max contract as a RFA with 3 already on the book.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread 

Post#165 » by Kuya » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:31 am

Draymond isn't going anywhere unless we get a stud back. He has the value of a Ron Artest prime.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#166 » by whocurrz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Diamond Leung quoted Mychal Thompson saying Warriors will match whatever offer. I wonder if they're trying to do what the Suns did with Bledsoe. Basically say they'll match anything and no one made that max offer he wanted. Ended up getting him a bit cheaper than the max
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#167 » by azwfan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Do you guys think Draymond would be better long term as our starting SF or starting PF? That is... after we resign him, should we be looking for a SF of the future or a PF of the future.

I think he his offensive game is more like a SF (no post game at all, can shoot a bit, can handle the ball, decent passer). Defensively he can guard anyone, but i'd prefer him on SF if we had another competent defensive PF.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#168 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Kuya wrote:Draymond isn't going anywhere unless we get a stud back. He has the value of a Ron Artest prime.

Pretty decent comparison. The year he won DPOY in Indy.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#169 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 pm

azwfan wrote:Do you guys think Draymond would be better long term as our starting SF or starting PF? That is... after we resign him, should we be looking for a SF of the future or a PF of the future.

I think he his offensive game is more like a SF (no post game at all, can shoot a bit, can handle the ball, decent passer). Defensively he can guard anyone, but i'd prefer him on SF if we had another competent defensive PF.

Unless his shooting drastically improves/becomes more consistent, I think he's a 4 in today's NBA. PFs now tend to just excel in one thing, they're the spare part, which means he won't be going up against Z-Bo and LMA every night, allowing us to have a floor spreader at the 3.

I honestly think our 5 is set except for maybe Bogut who, as much as it pains me to say this, might need to be shown the door for DeAndre Jordan. The key will come in re-tooling the bench. Get a Taj Gibson behind Draymond instead of David lee and you're never going to be worried about size.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Coxy
RealGM

Post#170 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:16 am

and1GS wrote:I honestly think our 5 is set except for maybe Bogut who, as much as it pains me to say this, might need to be shown the door for Nikola Vucevic.

Fixed.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,089

Post#171 » by The-Power » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:00 am

azwfan wrote:Do you guys think Draymond would be better long term as our starting SF or starting PF? That is... after we resign him, should we be looking for a SF of the future or a PF of the future.

Draymond Green is a PF, best suited to play this position on both sides.

On offense, he can stretch the floor more effectively and gets more clean looks guarded by opposing PFs, he can play some Pick n' Pop with Steph and as a high distributer he forces a big men to go out of the paint which creates more space inside. Nothing is better than having a great defensive 4 who's able to stretch the floor with his shooting. In this case, I wouldn't even think about adding anyone else to replace this guy at his position.

On defense, we lose impact in case we want him to be a perimeter defender primarily. The reason why he's so effective is because he either he plays inside most of the time and closes out to shooters quickly - double-impact, if you want to - or he bothers opponents by interrupting PnR's with PFs or he's providing help defense if necessary. I also value his inside defense more than his perimeter defense for mainly three reasons. First, we're at our best when he can see the defense from behind, when he can be vocal and when he can decide how to react to opponents offensive sets. Second, he's quite good at protecting the rim which is usually more valuable than perimeter defense. Third, he's the type of guy who rather bangs with big bodies than chasing athletic SFs all the time. It's also more problematic to find a stretch-4 - which we need - with good defense - which we need as well - than a decent defender with some offensive game at the SF spot.

Dray is our PF of the future, that's pretty clear to me.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#172 » by likashing » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:41 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:I would be most concerned with a one year deal.

Not going to happen unless he wants to take on some huge risk of not being injured. He made maybe ~$1M after tax in 3 years not including his/his families spending? This is the Bay Area. After his spending this 3 seasons he probably can't afford a place in the worst part of Oakland...

He is not like the typical high-mid 1st round pick who got paid 3-4 years who have already made ~$10M gross before hitting RFA.

If he or his agent is smart, he should be taking the biggest 3-4 year contract available (or 5 years from us) and get a player option so he can opt out for another big contract if his value gets higher in the future.

He can get an offer similar to Parsons or drag on like Bledsoe, but I just don't see him doing what Monroe did (Monroe already grossed $13M in 4 seasons). If he does, he is really dumb or he just feels lucky.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#173 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:21 pm

B-King wrote:

You sure overvalue Monroe; as he isn't even equal to Green in value and that isn't worth getting rid of Lee either.
MadMorf
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#174 » by MadMorf » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:59 pm

i was really hoping draymond could average 1.5 threes, steals and blocks for the season but he'd have to get 2.25 blocks per game the rest of the way to get up to 1.5 blocks from 1.3. still a fantasy beast though :D
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread 

Post#175 » by TaylorMonkey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:46 pm

B-King wrote:

Monroe for Green and & Lee would be horrible. Just as horrible for Green alone.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#176 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Coxy wrote:
and1GS wrote:I honestly think our 5 is set except for maybe Bogut who, as much as it pains me to say this, might need to be shown the door for Nikola Vucevic.

Fixed.

Is he even a FA this offseason? Know DeAndre is.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#177 » by azwfan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:17 pm

The-Power wrote:

Draymond Green is a PF, best suited to play this position on both sides.

On offense, he can stretch the floor more effectively and gets more clean looks guarded by opposing PFs, he can play some Pick n' Pop with Steph and as a high distributer he forces a big men to go out of the paint which creates more space inside. Nothing is better than having a great defensive 4 who's able to stretch the floor with his shooting. In this case, I wouldn't even think about adding anyone else to replace this guy at his position.

On defense, we lose impact in case we want him to be a perimeter defender primarily. The reason why he's so effective is because he either he plays inside most of the time and closes out to shooters quickly - double-impact, if you want to - or he bothers opponents by interrupting PnR's with PFs or he's providing help defense if necessary. I also value his inside defense more than his perimeter defense for mainly three reasons. First, we're at our best when he can see the defense from behind, when he can be vocal and when he can decide how to react to opponents offensive sets. Second, he's quite good at protecting the rim which is usually more valuable than perimeter defense. Third, he's the type of guy who rather bangs with big bodies than chasing athletic SFs all the time. It's also more problematic to find a stretch-4 - which we need - with good defense - which we need as well - than a decent defender with some offensive game at the SF spot.

Dray is our PF of the future, that's pretty clear to me.

You convinced me. He's our PF.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#178 » by old rem » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 pm

B-King wrote:

Also the Warriors have done the same in the past with Jordan.[/quote Dray is a bit of an "odd' thing.. a multitasker and a "tweener " who does not have big NUMBERS] I can't guess who pays Dray a Max of about $15 mill. I think about $10-12 mill is about what happens. Would GSW match MAX? Well.....maybe. Would Detroit bid Max? not likely.
Detroit can't spend big on what may be a "system" guy when it's not THEIR system. Detroit needs a legit shoot + score guy.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#179 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:44 pm

and1GS wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Fixed.

Is he even a FA this offseason? Know DeAndre is.

Nah, just wishful thinking.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#180 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 am

Draymond just gets better from game to game. The way he is pushing the ball lately and really pressuring defenses is great to see.

Return to Golden State Warriors