ImageImageImageImageImage

American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: When Dray is done playing I see him becoming a head coach 

Post#241 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 pm

When thinking of guys that seem like they could be coaches, Dray doesn't come to mind for me. Just doesn't seem like the type. I could be wrong though.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#242 » by likashing » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:54 pm

If he coaches, he will probably be more like Mark Jackson than Kerr.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

When Dray is done playing I see him becoming a head coach 

Post#243 » by bakesale » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:55 pm

The-Power wrote:Dray is one of the last guys I think of when it comes to discussing potential coaches at the NBA-level. He's too emotional, not analytical enough and generally more of a 'gut-guy' than a 'head-guy' by all indications. Not to mention his talkative attitude and his lack of external temperateness.

I love me some Dray - but as a player and a great locker room guy, not a potential head coach. I wouldn't mind him staying around after his career ended as a contact person for player, though. If someone can instill a winning-attitude, it's him.

With regards to his emotions, I think he is a young guy who is maturing, it's around your mid 20s that you really start to become mature, so I think he'll be fine, he may cross the line with passion/emotion on occasion but then how many techs has Kerr gotten this year??

To me he has all the right qualities you want. He's very charismatic which means people will not only like him but really listen to it. If you don't have the personality for it, the players will find it hard to pay attention and lose interest. He plays harder than anyone and plays the right way, he has attention to detail by doing all the little things that help win. With that his players will most certainly respect him.
He's got a high iq and is articulate. It's one thing to be able to work hard, but it's another to be able to know when and where to cut in the basketball. He scored allot in game 4 not through sheer talent like curry our Davis but rather always being in the right place in the right time. That is smart. Being articulate is very important in a teaching position, students have to get what you're saying.

Being in a very good team both in college and now the pros is hugely advantageous. He has first hand experience of a great basketball system both on offence and defence that works.

I think he would be a fantastic head coach!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#244 » by Warriorfan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:20 am

Draymond is going to be 26 and hopefully plays a long time. I think he would be a an analyst in the studio guy before coach.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,799

Post#245 » by floppymoose » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:11 am

He would probably be entertaining on a halftime crew for TNT etc
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#246 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:With Draymonds personality and experience under Is so and now Kerr and company, I really feel like Draymond, if he wants, could be an excellent head coach in the NBA.....my hope is that he coaches our team way down the line.

He seems more like a guy who will be on TNT and be everyone's favorite on air personality. Dray was born to talk.

edit: I see the last two posters beat me to this thought. :nod: . Totally agree fellas. Dray on TNT would be ace. He can replace Barkley as the undersized PF in the studio when he retires.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Re: American Hustle - The Draymond Green Thread 

Post#247 » by cladden » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:10 am

Steve Kerr predicted Draymond's success in 2012:
http://grantland.com/features/steve-ker ... limit-nba/
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#248 » by cladden » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:11 am

cladden wrote:Steve Kerr predicted Draymond's success in 2012:

Steve Kerr wrote:You know what also helps? Being part of a college program for more than a year — an experience that, if it unfolds the right way, can affect you forever. Quick story: I was in New Orleans a few weeks ago for the Final Four and saw a great scene. Late one night I was walking outside my hotel when I came across Draymond Green, Mateen Cleaves, and Steve Smith, all talking animatedly, laughing and joking around. Those three Spartans — none of whom played together, whose careers spanned 22 years at Michigan State — were bonded by their days wearing the green and white. To me, that’s so important and so underrated. Green has a foundation for his future success: great mentors, a real connection to a school, and a group of teammates that will live with him forever. I believe that Green’s experience playing for Tom Izzo (and such a terrific program) will give him a legitimate advantage as an NBA rookie. As always with these things, we will see.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#249 » by old rem » Mon May 4, 2015 9:41 pm

likashing wrote:If he coaches, he will probably be more like Mark Jackson than Kerr.
Neither. More like Harbaugh. Big on DETAIL.. so intense it becomes a problem.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#250 » by old rem » Mon May 4, 2015 10:00 pm

cladden wrote:
cladden wrote:Steve Kerr predicted Draymond's success in 2012:

Steve Kerr wrote:You know what also helps? Being part of a college program for more than a year — an experience that, if it unfolds the right way, can affect you forever. Quick story: I was in New Orleans a few weeks ago for the Final Four and saw a great scene. Late one night I was walking outside my hotel when I came across Draymond Green, Mateen Cleaves, and Steve Smith, all talking animatedly, laughing and joking around. Those three Spartans — none of whom played together, whose careers spanned 22 years at Michigan State — were bonded by their days wearing the green and white. To me, that’s so important and so underrated. Green has a foundation for his future success: great mentors, a real connection to a school, and a group of teammates that will live with him forever. I believe that Green’s experience playing for Tom Izzo (and such a terrific program) will give him a legitimate advantage as an NBA rookie. As always with these things, we will see.
In an indirect way.. that says a lot. Dray is the guy you want in your unit in a war. He's a quick thinking GLUE guy.. a TEAM Mate He's a tough guy who has no quit. Dray ain't a true shoot-score guy but he WORKED to be good enough. He knows his limits. Dray fit's no stereotype...he's EVERY sterreotype.

Dray is the Point F. Probably brings the ball up as often as Curry. Stretch F? Not great shooting 3's but he CAN get hot and BURN yer face. D guy... no doubt. Watever it takes.. his D will have impact. For a runt PF.. good rebounds, good blocks. He's that buddy who can cuss you out, embarass you, throw a fit.. but... you KNOW no matter what he has your back. Dray is a freak in the NBA.. why he was available rd 2 after playing so well in college. You may have stuff against M Jackson.. but he DID see that Drat WOULD become a plus. At first.. it seemed Dray could not SHOOT...and Jackson had him shoot from 3. WTF? Well... it helped create him a role.

All in all... Dray is a small PF .. not a big shoot-score guy. He's the HEARTBEAT though. Some say..oh.. he will get $ elsewhere..GSW won't match.... BULLCRAP. Dray will stay. GSW will pay.
CENSORED... No comment.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#251 » by cpower » Tue May 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Dray was great, but he needs to cut down his dribbles and awkward passing attampts, he is becoming a TO machine
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#252 » by turk3d » Tue May 12, 2015 9:29 pm

cpower wrote:Dray was great, but he needs to cut down his dribbles and awkward passing attampts, he is becoming a TO machine

Although great in just about every other aspect, he did have 7 tos compared to his 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks, so yes, he needs to get a handle on those tos. Fortunately, it didn't cost us this last game.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#253 » by migya » Wed May 13, 2015 4:52 am

Think Green should take it to the basket on Randolph, that'd be a good way to draw fouls from him. Not an option to use very often but in the first half it'd be good, see if Randolph has to sit due to foul trouble.
Steph Thompson
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#254 » by Steph Thompson » Wed May 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Barnes is stronger than Green that's why they should keep him on Z-Bo most of the time and let Draymond bother Gasol with his long arms and craftiness since he's nowhere near as good in low post.
old rem
RealGM

Post#255 » by old rem » Wed May 13, 2015 5:26 pm

turk3d wrote:
cpower wrote:Dray was great, but he needs to cut down his dribbles and awkward passing attampts, he is becoming a TO machine

Although great in just about every other aspect, he did have 7 tos compared to his 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks, so yes, he needs to get a handle on those tos. Fortunately, it didn't cost us this last game.
Dray and Curry are creative, aggressive and at times too optimistic and hasty. You get a fraction of a second to "sort out the chaos" ...but if you are TOO careful.. that limits the GOOD parts.

Magic Johnson had a rare ability to see the state of the game at any moment. Like a great chessmaster...like a great war hero... he could do strategy and tactics in an instant because he just SAW the situation Few players EVER came close. On the level a bit below that... there's players like Curry and Dray who at times don't see the RISK.. but push on anyhow. Mostly... in works enough you don't want to shorten the leash. Like a Chess Grandmaster... you don't underestimate the other guy. If he was a average player...he won't be playing a Grandmaster. When Grandmasters meet.. often the first 20 moves are "book"... it's a replay of a classic and BOTH players know it. THEN... it starts to get tricky. It gets complicated. Grandmasters see thhe board in all it's possibilities. A GOOD player.. pretty much can DICTATE what you can do.. he forces moves.. and...it's VERY hard to take the initiative back. Basketball... despite the human variable and some element of chance.. is like that. You ATTACK...you have gefense.. but you know when something flashy is a game changer... and when you walked into an ambush.

In Chess.... I might GIVE you a Bishop... knowing it sets up mate in 3 moves. GSW baited the Griz to have Allen shoot some open 3's. Checkmate.j

NOW? Now the Griz have to solve a puzzle they could not solve in game 4.. and..it's at the Oracle. Momentum change.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#256 » by old rem » Wed May 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Steph Thompson wrote:Barnes is stronger than Green that's why they should keep him on Z-Bo most of the time and let Draymond bother Gasol with his long arms and craftiness since he's nowhere near as good in low post.
Barnes is NOT stronger.. but IS quicker. You CAN use quickness to offset size... and in THIS... GSW had Bogut able to back up the forwards. VERY crafty.
CENSORED... No comment.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#257 » by migya » Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 am

old rem wrote:
Steph Thompson wrote:Barnes is stronger than Green that's why they should keep him on Z-Bo most of the time and let Draymond bother Gasol with his long arms and craftiness since he's nowhere near as good in low post.
Barnes is NOT stronger.. but IS quicker. You CAN use quickness to offset size... and in THIS... GSW had Bogut able to back up the forwards. VERY crafty.

Barnes can defend Randolph a bit, though he isn't as good of a defender as Green. As long as JGreen isn't hitting the outside shots Barnes, Green and Bogut can focus on Randolph and MGasol but JGreen can go off sometimes. Think the quick double of Randolph and MGasol, especially Randolph, when they get the ball pretty close to the basket is a very good strategy.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#258 » by East Bay Sports » Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Draymond was a huge X Factor last night. Once again we show why our small ball lineup is our best lineup.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#259 » by turk3d » Wed May 20, 2015 9:52 pm

They put up some weird stat regarding Draymond which I can't remember the exact #, but it was something like +127 for the entire playoffs with Draymond on court and I think it was -53 when off, which is the best of anyone so far in the playoffs. Guy just knows how to help his team win games I guess in spite of some of his few flaws. Remarkable individual.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,799

Post#260 » by floppymoose » Thu May 21, 2015 4:01 am

Congrats to Dray for the award. But I'm even more impressed with offensive development this season. When he was a rookie I loved him but he was not efficient. He's come a long way.

Return to Golden State Warriors