Shots Fired - The Klay Thompson Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Shots Fired - The Klay Thompson Thread 

Post#201 » by FNQ » Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 pm

a8bil wrote:BTW...Klay third team all league. I think Klay gets more respect around the league than he does with his own fan base. :noway:

Most definitely. So many teams would kill to have a sharpshooter that isnt a defensive sieve, that can actually put the ball on the floor too. Warrior fans are treating him like Philly fans treated Iguodala.

http://philadunkia.com/?p=4422

I've posted this before, but its so hilarious, and it applies to at least one player per team.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#202 » by DynastySS » Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm

I hope he has a big bounce back game.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#203 » by clyde21 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:37 am

I'm still waiting for this very consistent Klay.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#204 » by migya » Fri May 22, 2015 10:16 am

Well done Klay for getting All-NBA 3rd team. He is struggling a bit offensively against Houston and maybe defending Harden is getting to him a bit. He needs to get off early to get confidence.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#205 » by East Bay Sports » Fri May 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Much better job defensively from Klay for most of the game in game 2 IMO, even though it didn't show up in the stat sheet. The block down the stretch on Harden was my favorite play of the game.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#206 » by cpower » Fri May 22, 2015 2:12 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Much better job defensively from Klay for most of the game in game 2 IMO, even though it didn't show up in the stat sheet. The block down the stretch on Harden was my favorite play of the game.

i would say an average job to be the best, you know harden is hot, and you still gave him tons of space and let him just shoot over you? Klay has no adjustment , why not stay closer and play smart hands and trust your bigs to alter the shots? JJ Redick owns Harden and Harden owns Klay, that's a sad story all around.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#207 » by East Bay Sports » Fri May 22, 2015 2:23 pm

cpower wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Much better job defensively from Klay for most of the game in game 2 IMO, even though it didn't show up in the stat sheet. The block down the stretch on Harden was my favorite play of the game.

i would say an average job to be the best, you know harden is hot, and you still gave him tons of space and let him just shoot over you? Klay has no adjustment , why not stay closer and play smart hands and trust your bigs to alter the shots? JJ Redick owns Harden and Harden owns Klay, that's a sad story all around.

Average at best is an improvement from game 1, especially down the stretch.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#208 » by cpower » Fri May 22, 2015 2:29 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
cpower wrote:

Average at best is an improvement from game 1, especially down the stretch.

yes but thats not good enough. In RS and round1/2 Harden has been shooting pretty average, and he usually flops his way to the freethrow line. we need to do a better job on him, single coverage is not good enough, and now Klay has become his slave, you cant trust klay on Harden any more.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#209 » by East Bay Sports » Fri May 22, 2015 2:32 pm

I posted about it in the GT. I agree Klay on Harden for the entire game is just bad game planning, so I think Kerr/Adams have something else in mind for game 3. Perhaps they knew we could still get wins at home and were saving it for the road.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#210 » by shazam_guy » Fri May 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I honestly find it difficult sometimes to read this board. Every hiccough along the way is treated like cancer. "Oh my God, Klay isn't playing good enough defense!" He's playing a lot of one on one against the league scoring leader because the Warriors don't want to double. Nobody stops Harden when he's hot, anymore than anyone can stop Curry (or Klay) in the same situation.

Take a breath, kids. The Warriors just won their two home games in the Wester Conference finals. Some of us have been waiting decades for this. Let us enjoy it. I can promise you that Thompson, Kerr, and Joe Jacob aren't reading this, saying, "Gee, let's pray that someone on RealGM can solve Klay's problems for us!"
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#211 » by The-Power » Fri May 22, 2015 6:55 pm

shazam_guy wrote:I honestly find it difficult sometimes to read this board. Every hiccough along the way is treated like cancer. "Oh my God, Klay isn't playing good enough defense!" He's playing a lot of one on one against the league scoring leader because the Warriors don't want to double. Nobody stops Harden when he's hot, anymore than anyone can stop Curry (or Klay) in the same situation.

Take a breath, kids. The Warriors just won their two home games in the Wester Conference finals. Some of us have been waiting decades for this. Let us enjoy it. I can promise you that Thompson, Kerr, and Joe Jacob aren't reading this, saying, "Gee, let's pray that someone on RealGM can solve Klay's problems for us!"

I agree that some posters are over the top at times, but what's the point of being a member on a forum if not for discussion about players, teams and strategies? You can enjoy the ride and still talk about basketball, it's not mutually exclusive.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#212 » by clyde21 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:42 pm

shazam_guy wrote:I honestly find it difficult sometimes to read this board. Every hiccough along the way is treated like cancer. "Oh my God, Klay isn't playing good enough defense!" He's playing a lot of one on one against the league scoring leader because the Warriors don't want to double. Nobody stops Harden when he's hot, anymore than anyone can stop Curry (or Klay) in the same situation.

I don't understand why people are getting so defensive about Klay. No one's claiming he's trash. He just needs to step his game up, though, that is indisputable.

That said, I'm not even talking about Klay defensively, even though he faired much better against Harden in the regular season than he has so far in the playoffs. I'm talking offensively - the inefficiency, his penchant to ball-stop, and he's barely putting the ball on the floor and driving these days.

The dude just got paid major mula. He needs to play better. Stop with the excuses.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#213 » by a8bil » Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 pm

[Vine][/Vine]
clyde21 wrote:

I don't understand why people are getting so defensive about Klay. No one's claiming he's trash. He just needs to step his game up, though, that is indisputable.

That said, I'm not even talking about Klay defensively, even though he faired much better against Harden in the regular season than he has so far in the playoffs. I'm talking offensively - the inefficiency, his penchant to ball-stop, and he's barely putting the ball on the floor and driving these days.

The dude just got paid major mula. He needs to play better. Stop with the excuses.

Give me a break...the double speak throughout this thread is pretty intolerable. How is having a cold shooting night relevant to the "mula" he's getting. Klay faced a first team all league defender in Allen last series, and now he's going up against Houston's best perimeter defender in Ariza, who is longer than Klay. It's not an excuse, it is reality. That aside, every player, EVERY, has bad shooting stretches. That Klay is not taking 25 shots per night to get out of the slump distinguishes from any number of volume shooters out there, including Harden.

BTW, wasn't everyone saying yesterday how Klay was bricking his layups too often...now it's he's not going to the hoop enough? Make up your minds pundits...at least find a story line and stick to it.

And what's with the moaning about Klay stopping the ball? Klay is the team's go to scorer...all season the ball has stopped at him because that's what the motion offense is about...getting the ball to him in a good spot to take a shot. It's not about getting it to Iggy, or Dray, unless Klay or Curry cannot get open. Don't criticize Klay for taking the shots he's supposed to. Criticize him for taking the shots he's not supposed to take. Geez...I"m with Shazam on this thread. Tough to read. It's like you guys love to beotch about something.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#214 » by clyde21 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:16 am

Give me a break...the double speak throughout this thread is pretty intolerable.

Doublespeak? Mmmmk broski. Are you implying that Klay Thompson is playing well, or as well as he could play?

How is having a cold shooting night relevant to the "mula" he's getting. Klay faced a first team all league defender in Allen last series, and now he's going up against Houston's best perimeter defender in Ariza, who is longer than Klay. It's not an excuse, it is reality.

Klay Thompson is getting paid more than both of those players combined. If he can't beat them then he should have never gotten that contract to begin with. That is the EPITOME of an excuse. We should excuse his poor play because he's playing against Trevor frikin' Ariza? Give me a break. This is the playoffs. He'll be facing good players every damn game.

That aside, every player, EVERY, has bad shooting stretches. That Klay is not taking 25 shots per night to get out of the slump distinguishes from any number of volume shooters out there, including Harden.

The problem is when Klay isn't shooting well, he completely stagnates the offense because he doesn't create very well, doesn't take a lot of FTs and becomes a belligerent ball-stopper with a bunch of "WTF KLAY?" plays. If you take off you blue/yellow colored glasses you'd be able to see that as well.

BTW, wasn't everyone saying yesterday how Klay was bricking his layups too often...now it's he's not going to the hoop enough? Make up your minds pundits...at least find a story line and stick to it.

I can't speak for anyone else. But if Klay is gonna brick anything, I'd rather him start driving bricking layups.

And what's with the moaning about Klay stopping the ball? Klay is the team's go to scorer...all season the ball has stopped at him because that's what the motion offense is about...getting the ball to him in a good spot to take a shot. It's not about getting it to Iggy, or Dray, unless Klay or Curry cannot get open. Don't criticize Klay for taking the shots he's supposed to. Criticize him for taking the shots he's not supposed to take. Geez...I"m with Shazam on this thread. Tough to read. It's like you guys love to beotch about something.

Get the ball to Klay is our offense? WTF? :lol:

You're lost, bro. Go away.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#215 » by a8bil » Sat May 23, 2015 7:07 am

clyde21 wrote:
Give me a break...the double speak throughout this thread is pretty intolerable.

Doublespeak? Mmmmk broski. Are you implying that Klay Thompson is playing well, or as well as he could play?

How is having a cold shooting night relevant to the "mula" he's getting. Klay faced a first team all league defender in Allen last series, and now he's going up against Houston's best perimeter defender in Ariza, who is longer than Klay. It's not an excuse, it is reality.

Klay Thompson is getting paid more than both of those players combined. If he can't beat them then he should have never gotten that contract to begin with. That is the EPITOME of an excuse. We should excuse his poor play because he's playing against Trevor frikin' Ariza? Give me a break. This is the playoffs. He'll be facing good players every damn game.

That aside, every player, EVERY, has bad shooting stretches. That Klay is not taking 25 shots per night to get out of the slump distinguishes from any number of volume shooters out there, including Harden.

The problem is when Klay isn't shooting well, he completely stagnates the offense because he doesn't create very well, doesn't take a lot of FTs and becomes a belligerent ball-stopper with a bunch of "WTF KLAY?" plays. If you take off you blue/yellow colored glasses you'd be able to see that as well.

I can't speak for anyone else. But if Klay is gonna brick anything, I'd rather him start driving bricking layups.

Get the ball to Klay is our offense? WTF? :lol:

You're lost, bro. Go away.

You got the same old tired story "bro". Bytch at Klay. Great fan. Real board contributor. You seem too blinded by your agenda to actually discuss points rationally.

1. Double speak == Klay needs to take it to the rim. Klay sucks at going to the rim. When you bytch at someone constantly its hard to keep track of your complaints, isn't it?
2. Ariza is their BEST perimeter defender and he's matched against Klay. Too hard for you to comprende, "Bro?" McHale knows who he needs to stop from scoring. You don't. I'm guessing you don't comprehend how someone might think that either you are arrogant or clueless? Think about it before responding, champ.
3. Having a cold shooting night is inexcusable for a highly paid player playing against players who are paid exclusively to defend and are recognized as among the best at what they do? Wow...you're quite the analyst. Are you studying under Bayless? Wanna tell me how many times Harden shot under 30% from the field this season? Does 15% of the games shock you? You do realize that averages are made up of good games and bad games, don't you? You do realize that even the best scorers in the league have off shooting nights.
4. LOL on your analysis of Klay in the offense. If you don't understand that our offense is designed to get Steph and Klay open shots...well, I just can't help you son. Maybe think about why West didn't want to trade Klay for Love. Seriously, when you stop thinking you're the smartest guy in the room, you'll start making meaningful comments and contributions to the discussion.

Until then, go back to your video games in your basement boy. You're not adding anything here but agenda driven drivel...and the best part is you don't even see it. Wow.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#216 » by DreDay » Sat May 23, 2015 7:40 am

I actually like Klay's D so far, Harden is just shooting absolutely amazing from mid range. Hopefully their GM gives him a good waxing for taking the worst shot in basketball so he can go back to driving where we are doing much better in stopping him.

His O is annoying me though. Ball-stopping. Inefficiency. His play right now is putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Curry to have ridiculous performances, which he obviously can do. But what if he doesn't? We're not going to score enough, and a lot of that is on Klay for not moving the ball, shooting bad shots and missing open ones.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#217 » by migya » Sat May 23, 2015 9:39 am

Klay or whoever Harden is defending needs to go at him to make him work defensively and try to draw fouls on him. Any player that is hurting you on offense you have to attack when he is defending. Getting the ball out of his hands is the best thing, traps should work well.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#218 » by floppymoose » Sat May 23, 2015 9:01 pm

oaklandwarriors wrote:I actually like Klay's D so far, Harden is just shooting absolutely amazing from mid range.

I think he is defending well too. The one thing I would suggest to Klay is that he should try to end up on Harden's left when Harden is releasing the shot. I think contesting Harden on his shooting hand side might get better results.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#219 » by and1GS » Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 pm

floppymoose wrote:
oaklandwarriors wrote:I actually like Klay's D so far, Harden is just shooting absolutely amazing from mid range.

I think he is defending well too. The one thing I would suggest to Klay is that he should try to end up on Harden's left when Harden is releasing the shot. I think contesting Harden on his shooting hand side might get better results.

Yup. Or go Battier and face guard as James rises for a shot - hard to do that when Harden gets separation so quickly, though.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#220 » by Mylie10 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:36 pm

and1GS wrote:
floppymoose wrote:

Yup. Or go Battier and face guard as James rises for a shot - hard to do that when Harden gets separation so quickly, though.

Its that killer jab step he has. Tough to guard that. I agree with Flop on guarding his shooting hand side and forcing him right no matter what.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors