Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Shots Fired - The Klay Thompson Thread 

Post#161 » by FNQ » Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

The gimmes:
PHI, MIL, CHA, ORL, MIN, BOS, DEN

The maybes:
NYK (Melo), BKN (JJ, Deron, Brook), TOR (Derozan, Lowry), DET (Drummond), LAL (Kobe), PHX (Bledsoe), DAL (Dirk), UTA (Hayward, Favors, Gobert)

Lots of teams would kill to have him, and he'd be a #1 scoring option on quite a few teams.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#162 » by East Bay Sports » Tue May 19, 2015 4:43 pm

FNQ wrote:The gimmes:

The maybes:
NYK (Melo), BKN (JJ, Deron, Brook), TOR (Derozan, Lowry), DET (Drummond), LAL (Kobe), PHX (Bledsoe), DAL (Dirk), UTA (Hayward, Favors, Gobert)

Lots of teams would kill to have him, and he'd be a #1 scoring option on quite a few teams.

I would say Detroit, LAL, Dallas are all pretty obvious as well. As of this moment I would say he is better than the Utah trio, but Gobert likely surpasses him next season. The Brooklyn trio is interesting... I probably lean Klay.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#163 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm

I think the lakers would go all in for Love and Klay. But they don't have enough chips to make it worth while for Klay...he already signed his deal.

Don't be surprised if Love goes to the Lakers this off season. i think this is something he's always wanted.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by FNQ » Tue May 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I think the lakers would go all in for Love and Klay. But they don't have enough chips to make it worth while for Klay...he already signed his deal.

Don't be surprised if Love goes to the Lakers this off season. i think this is something he's always wanted.

After watching Love struggle like hell in isoball, I think every Warriors fan should want it too.

Love would be better served angling for a contract in Atlanta.. Love's as underrated now as he was overrated last year. If you get him open shots, he'll bury them. If your team's defense is based on help, he understands positional rebounding better than most. But in CLE's stand-and-wait offense and defense, the guy's deficiencies are on full display..

re: Klay - I'd say its arguable he's the best player on half the teams in the NBA.. even with his questionable shot selection at times. As he gets older, I'd imagine that shot selection improves, too. There's still untapped potential in this kid.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#165 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:56 pm

FNQ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I think the lakers would go all in for Love and Klay. But they don't have enough chips to make it worth while for Klay...he already signed his deal.

After watching Love struggle like hell in isoball, I think every Warriors fan should want it too.

Love would be better served angling for a contract in Atlanta.. Love's as underrated now as he was overrated last year. If you get him open shots, he'll bury them. If your team's defense is based on help, he understands positional rebounding better than most. But in CLE's stand-and-wait offense and defense, the guy's deficiencies are on full display..

re: Klay - I'd say its arguable he's the best player on half the teams in the NBA.. even with his questionable shot selection at times. As he gets older, I'd imagine that shot selection improves, too. There's still untapped potential in this kid.

And...so far dudes an iron man (Klay)
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#166 » by cpower » Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 am

one of the worst games I've seen him played. what's going on with him? trying to outclass Harden and prove him the no.1 sg in the game? He was so close to cost us the game tonight.. this has to stop!!!
cpower
RealGM

Post#167 » by cpower » Wed May 20, 2015 3:50 am

East Bay Sports wrote:
FNQ wrote:The gimmes:

The maybes:

I would say Detroit, LAL, Dallas are all pretty obvious as well. As of this moment I would say he is better than the Utah trio, but Gobert likely surpasses him next season. The Brooklyn trio is interesting... I probably lean Klay.

no way in hell he is better than Hayward, can you imagine klay being No.1 option? he will probably average 5 TO in a game.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#168 » by a8bil » Wed May 20, 2015 4:09 am

cpower wrote:one of the worst games I've seen him played. what's going on with him? trying to outclass Harden and prove him the no.1 sg in the game? He was so close to cost us the game tonight.. this has to stop!!!

Sorry, but your understanding of the game is so messed up it's difficult to know where to start. Really. You have no clue. :crazy:
cpower
RealGM

Post#169 » by cpower » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 am

a8bil wrote:
cpower wrote:one of the worst games I've seen him played. what's going on with him? trying to outclass Harden and prove him the no.1 sg in the game? He was so close to cost us the game tonight.. this has to stop!!!

Sorry, but your understanding of the game is so messed up it's difficult to know where to start. Really. You have no clue. :crazy:

i hope you are not joking...because klay was horrible out there and you think he had a good game?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#170 » by clyde21 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:35 am

Klay Thompson is becoming massively overrated by Warriors fans.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by FNQ » Wed May 20, 2015 2:00 pm

clyde21 wrote:Klay Thompson is becoming massively overrated by Warriors fans.

:lol:

I saw a lot of good things out there by Klay.. People remember what they want to. It sure wasnt the 2 3s Barnes jacked up early or his off ball D. He played great, and Klay is overrated.

Meanwhile, in the real world..
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by East Bay Sports » Wed May 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Only complaint with Klay is he had 3-4 klayups in this game, something I haven't seen from him in a long time. His D on Harden could have been better down the stretch but what can you do? great offense beats solid D sometimes.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by FNQ » Wed May 20, 2015 2:43 pm

He did have a brutal stretch in the 3rd.. Everyone sucked the last 2 min. But Klay started us off and was a catalyst in our 2nd Q run. Solid B-, B game for him
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#174 » by turk3d » Wed May 20, 2015 3:17 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Only complaint with Klay is he had 3-4 klayups in this game, something I haven't seen from him in a long time. His D on Harden could have been better down the stretch but what can you do? great offense beats solid D sometimes.

I thought it was like more like 4 or 5 layups (or should we start calling them klayups again?). He just wasn't able to finish. The one thing positive I saw (even with his misses) is that he seemed to get by Harden at will. He just needs to focus on finishing or passing out (if he's afraid of getting whacked by Houston bigs).

The guy who also really was bad most of the game was Bogut (only played 16 minutes) and we were fortunate that Festus gave us some nice minutes. Even with Klay (and Bogut's) generally bad games, both of them were at times able to contribute to the victory and most importantly we were able to pull it out. Give Houston (and especially Harden) credit, they played their arses off but we (and in particular Steph and surprisingly Livingston) were too much for them.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#175 » by East Bay Sports » Wed May 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Bogut wasn't engaged at all. His 3rd foul was infuriating... he had JUST gotten his 2nd, and for his third he just looked like he didn't give a damn and made a really lazy play that basically forced the refs to give him his 3rd.

As for Klay on Harden, yea, he didn't finish, but he was just walking by him to the rim when Dwight left the game. I might look at that if I'm Kerr and see about Klay penetrating and looking to facilitate after he gets into the lane. He draws enough attention from the D that guys are always open. He just has to make smart passes, which can be an issue at times for Klay.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#176 » by and1GS » Wed May 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Smart passes CAN be an issue for Klay but they ARE an issue for Josh Smith. Watching him facilitate is painful.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#177 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Klay had a huge dish to Livingston in the second half.

I think Klay was just sped up on offense last night. When he goes into the sped up gear it affects his shot and finishing. He's got to find that happy medium where he can play in a fast flow, but not so much that it takes him out of his game.

And in the 4th Klay was battling with Harden, but Harden showed you why he is a serious MVP candidate. That was just special offense, and you know what Jim Barnett always says...
Khoee wrote “
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by East Bay Sports » Wed May 20, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't think there was anything more Klay could have done... which sort of leads me to believe we may want to try Dala or even Draymond against Harden down the stretch if he gets going like that again

I'm probably overreacting since Klay did a decent job on Harden most of the RS, but maybe something to think about.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by FNQ » Wed May 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Harden was shut down in the 1st half too. When he starts hitting that sliding step back jumper, how can you really stop it? Even if you guess right, he just flails in a way that creates contact and puts him on the line. Harden's going to get his, no matter what you do. I'd rather keep Iguodala on Ariza/Brewer, because those are the guys we can't have going off on us.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#180 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors