ImageImageImageImageImage

The Wolf of Ball Street - The Stephen Curry Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

I don't need no 4th Quarter - The Stephen Curry MVP-Thread 

Post#21 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Some people on the General Board's MVP thread actually think LeBron is the leader in this MVP race LMAOOOOOOO.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: I don't need no 4th Quarter - The Stephen Curry MVP-Thread 

Post#22 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

I love all the morons who discredit Steph by acting like he plays with some all time amazing team. Yea, our team is good, but not without Curry. People really think we would be a top 4 seed if you replace Steph with a league average player. Insanity.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#23 » by likashing » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

oaklandwarriors wrote:
migya wrote:I saw a stat a few weeks ago that stated that Curry was first among players in +/- and some other advanced type stat that showed that with him the team outscored the opposition by something like 25pts but without him they were about even with the opposition. That article also stated that it was the highest differential of any player in nba history, whether that was or is true is to be noted but Curry certainly is valuable.

Shhhh, we're stacked everywhere else and Curry is just here for the ride. Harden is the one carrying his team of D-Leaguers.

Didn't Harden imply everyone else are scrubs exept himself and Howard when Parsons was traded? What a great leader.

He actually has a recent interview talking about himself being a great leader too. :lol:
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Steph is questionable tonight with a foot injury
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#25 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:15 am

East Bay Sports wrote:I love all the morons who discredit Steph by acting like he plays with some all time amazing team. Yea, our team is good, but not without Curry. People really think we would be a top 4 seed if you replace Steph with a league average player. Insanity.

Exactly, and what about LeBron when he won MVPs with two other all-stars on his team in Wade and Bosh? What about when Kevin Durant won the MVP when he had an all-star teammate in Russell Westbrook?

Point is, just because you have a good team around you it doesn't mean you can't be an elite player or even the best player in the league.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#26 » by TaylorMonkey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 am

East Bay Sports wrote:I love all the morons who discredit Steph by acting like he plays with some all time amazing team. Yea, our team is good, but not without Curry. People really think we would be a top 4 seed if you replace Steph with a league average player. Insanity.

Our offense sucks without Curry. Can't even beat Indiana or shoot above 40.

Curry for MVP. Or does he need to take a Lebron-nap for another 9?
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#27 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:39 am

Mvp showed his worth..
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#28 » by Porzingis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:Some people on the General Board's MVP thread actually think LeBron is the leader in this MVP race LMAOOOOOOO.

I don't think its funny at all.

Cavs are like 34-12 with him and went like 1-9 w/o him. Not bad considering this is his 1st year with this starting 5. Dude is still the best player in the league by far. They could easily finish 2nd in the east with like 55wins. Check this out they had a losing record 19-20 before lebron came back. Give him credit. Wouldn't be surprised if they smash us on Thursday maybe then you'll wake up.

Also I think RWB isn't getting enough love he's having a monster year and so does James harden.

My top 4 mvps right now

1 Steph
2./3 Bron/Harden
4. Westbrook
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#29 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Stephen Curry practiced today
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:50 pm

LeBron and Westbrook missed too many games to garner MVP consideration over Steph or Harden. All players are important to their team, but you disqualify yourself by missing 10+ games.
Porzingis
Banned User

Post#31 » by Porzingis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:LeBron and Westbrook missed too many games to garner MVP consideration over Steph or Harden. All players are important to their team, but you disqualify yourself by missing 10+ games.

LeBron missed excatly 10 games.

You're not gonna win this argument.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Read your PM
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#33 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:26 am

Porzingis wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:Some people on the General Board's MVP thread actually think LeBron is the leader in this MVP race LMAOOOOOOO.

I don't think its funny at all.

Cavs are like 34-12 with him and went like 1-9 w/o him. Not bad considering this is his 1st year with this starting 5. Dude is still the best player in the league by far. They could easily finish 2nd in the east with like 55wins. Check this out they had a losing record 19-20 before lebron came back. Give him credit. Wouldn't be surprised if they smash us on Thursday maybe then you'll wake up.

Also I think RWB isn't getting enough love he's having a monster year and so does James harden.

My top 4 mvps right now

1 Steph
2./3 Bron/Harden
4. Westbrook

I'm sure if Curry decided to take a vacation during the season like LeBron did, the Warriors would be annihilating teams when he comes back, too.

Cavs are playing amazing right now -- I'm also a huge LeBron fan, even when everyone hated him back in 2010 -- but that doesn't change the fact that they were absolute garbage in the first half of the season. Doesn't matter if they're a new team, the East is where a 20-30 team in Brooklyn is in the Playoffs -- having LeBron, Kyrie and Love should already be enough to rack up easy wins in the Eastern Conference.

All those wins they started accumulating recently also coincides with the acquisitions they've made with guys like Mosgov, JR Smith, Shumpert, Perkins, etc; it's not all just because of LeBron.

LeBron does deserve credit, but no way is he ahead of Curry and Harden. I'd give more credit to Harden over Curry than I do LeBron based on the load that Harden has had to carry to keep the Rockets afloat in the tough Western Conference during the midst of all their injuries this season.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#34 » by kaiballz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:01 am

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... not-ankle/
i hope steph DOES take a vacation like lebron. because unlike that charmin, this would be for injury purposes, not because he was "tired".
Better that steph takes a two week break and we go maybe 5-5 over that stretch. Still gives us 48-15.

then he comes back 100% and ready to destroy opponents all the way to the finals.

heel injuries can be tricky. it weakens the entire foot and makes the foot more susceptible to other injuries. the last thing we need is an ankle relapse again. If he was fit i doubt that would happen but when there's another weakened area like the heel... rather not gamble with that.

without steph we're sunk in the playoffs. plain and simple. theres no if or maybe about it.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:30 pm

We can win some regular season games without Curry, but not if Kerr coaches like he did against Indiana.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#36 » by JimmyTD3 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Curry is playing Amazingly, I still think MVP is his to lose.

BUT

Harden is doing some nassssty s**** out there. Dude is balling out of his mind and doing a very good LeBron impersonation (minus the D :) )
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#37 » by The-Power » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Steph is likely to play today.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#38 » by kaiballz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am

Curry's MVP case is approaching invincible.

Everything about his performance amid the Warriors' world-beating season makes him a leading contender. As Diamond Leung wrote for the San Jose Mercury News ahead of the All-Star break:

"Already a top player, Curry has displayed an all-around brilliance this year that makes him a legitimate candidate to become the first Warrior to win the award since 1960, when Wilt Chamberlain played for the franchise in Philadelphia. ...

That the Warriors have a league-leading 42-9 record helps Curry's MVP chances. No player has won the award without his team winning a division or conference title since Michael Jordan in 1988."

This season has validated Curry as a complete player. He is neither strictly a shooter nor a scorer. Yeah, he does a lot of both. He's averaging 23.5 points and 7.5 assists while shooting 40 percent or better from deep for the second time. Only Larry Bird has ever done that even once.

But Curry leads the league in steals (2.2) and is functioning as the starting point man on the NBA's best defensive team. Opponents are also shooting just 38.9 percent when he's guarding them.

Any doubts that the Warriors' superiority could somehow work against Curry (see: James' 2010-11 star-stuffed Miami Heat) were quelled Sunday night, when he was out of action against the Indiana Pacers—the same Indiana Pacers who have 20 fewer wins than Golden State.

The Warriors lost.

Pump the brakes on panicked hysteria, though. Said Curry, per the San Francisco Chronicle's Rusty Simmons: "I'll be fine."

Good thing too. This was only a one-game sample size, but the Warriors need Curry. In the 828 minutes they've played without him, the Warriors are outscoring opponents by a team-low 0.4 points per 100 possessions. The ninth-seeded Phoenix Suns have a better net rating (1.7).

Which makes Curry's MVP case simple: He's the one player the NBA's best team cannot lose.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2374 ... tes/page/5
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Porzingis
Banned User

Post#39 » by Porzingis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:39 am

Like i said this team would win like 40 games without Steph. (If lucky)
That's why you need stars/superstars if you want to win big in this league.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 am

I think they'd win more than 40...because if they didn't have Steph they would have to bring in another pg to the mix.

But no doubt he should be leading the conversation for mvp
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors