ImageImageImageImageImage

The Wolf of Ball Street - The Stephen Curry Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,078

The Wolf of Ball Street - The Stephen Curry Thread 

Post#1 » by The-Power » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:12 am

Since we start giving individual threads to guys like Klay, Lee and Barnes this one is long overdue. Curry!

Per36: 25.6 / 5.1 / 8.6 / 2.4
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Re: I don't need no 4th Quarter - The Stephen Curry MVP-Thread 

Post#2 » by kaiballz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:31 pm

MVP!!!
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by kaiballz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:41 pm

he definitely went into the zone after he got t-ed up. his expression was different from usual and his play was nuts, even when compared to usual.

I believe in this team.

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:54 pm

I hope the voters take that into consideration when voting for MVP. Curry doesn't have the big numbers like James Harden, but his impact is just as big or bigger.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Stephen Curry puts up elite numbers without having that "ball hog" mentality that most stars have.

Seriously, if Curry always worried about his stats and wanted to have big nights, he'd easily have at least three to four 50 point games right now along with several 40 point nights. I mean, why not? A contested Steph Curry jumper is better than most of the NBA. Steph Curry has that rare mix of scoring and shooting efficiency. The Warriors would probably have only 3-4 more losses if Curry refused to play team ball (huge reason why Curry is MVP is his playmaking ability), but they'd still be an elite team and championship contender.

That being said, people will say Curry doesn't deserve to win MVP because the Warriors are also winning games thanks to Klay Thompson (who scored 37 points in a quarter) and guys like Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut who are defensive juggernauts.

To me, that is irrational criticism against Stephen Curry. If Curry doesn't deserve MVP because he has an all-star backcourt mate in Klay Thompson, then why is it ok for Kevin Durant to win MVP when he had Russell Westbrook? Hell, even LeBron James won MVP's despite having two other all-stars on his team in Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Even the Chicago Bulls won 50+ games when Michael Jordan decided to leave the NBA and pursue baseball, yet KD, LeBron and MJ still get credit. So why not Curry?

Numbers show that Golden State is a significantly worse team without Curry. When Curry plays, he's so good and impactful that he sets his team up for dominating 3 quarters that allow him to rest for most 4th quarters. The fact that the Warriors effortlessly blow other teams out in 3 quarters is a testament to Curry's impact on the team.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#6 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 pm

kaiballz wrote:he definitely went into the zone after he got t-ed up. his expression was different from usual and his play was nuts, even when compared to usual.

I wish Curry played like that often. Steph's game tends to be so effortless that he usually doesn't need to get wild during games. He's already an elite player, but if he played with that intensity every night, he might be on a whole different level.

I did find that moment funny, though. During that play where he got called for a foul, Curry went crazy because he was in such a focused defensive mode against Parker that he got mad when the refs bailed Parker out.

I noticed that Parker got a bit irritated that Curry was making a huge deal about Parker getting bailed out. I'm assuming that Parker took it as an insult that Curry thinks he can play lockdown defense on him. The reason I find it funny is because Parker could have scored on Curry to shut him up and let Steph know that he can't be guarded, but Parker still couldn't do anything. Curry just kept bothering Parker on the defensive end and got several steals and deflections, including that steal on Parker which led to the fast break behind the back drive.

Parker ended up with 0 field goals for the entire game while Curry constantly kept working him and effortlessly making Parker look silly every now and then. Good thing Curry is nice, though. Steph usually doesn't play with a ball hog mentality or else he would have kept taking Parker 1 on 1.
#DubNation
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#7 » by likashing » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Harden is great but we punked his team 4 times and he couldn't save their asses.

Along with the best record, I don't see how anyone can argue against Steph being THE MVP this season.

Having said this, I don't give a damn about regular season awards.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#8 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah, I'm sure all of us would rather win a championship over a regular season MVP award, but maybe we can have both?

... along with Draymond Green as DPOY and maybe Kerr as COY if the Hawks come back down the Earth.
#DubNation
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,785

Post#9 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Steph had giant red patches on his face, upper chest, and arms when he got that tech. He was literally blushing with anger.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I will be devastated if Curry doesn't win MVP. **** Harden.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#11 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 pm

clyde21 wrote:I will be devastated if Curry doesn't win MVP. **** Harden.

Same, Harden is very unlikable in every way.
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#12 » by NuWarriors » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Coxy wrote:

Same, Harden is very unlikable in every way.

It would be like they gave the MVP to Corey Maggette.
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#13 » by Porzingis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Yeah i put only like 15$ (to win 300$) for curry to win MVP this year. I'll be pissed if he doesn't. I like my chances. #sexyodds #october2014 #chefcurrywiththepotboy
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#14 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Harden isn't winning mvp
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#15 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:40 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Harden isn't winning mvp

I hope not.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by kaiballz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 am

Porzingis wrote:

Yeah i put only like 15$ (to win 300$) for curry to win MVP this year. I'll be pissed if he doesn't. I like my chances. #sexyodds #october2014 #chefcurrywiththepotboy

nice odds. where did u get that?

steph is at least 50-50 to win MVP so 20-1 is amazing odds.

our head to head is gonna count real hard against harden... steph and the warriors just plain spanked harden and the rockets.

I believe in this team.

Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#17 » by Porzingis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 am

kaiballz wrote:
Porzingis wrote:

our head to head is gonna count real hard against harden... steph and the warriors just plain spanked harden and the rockets.

It was 22-1 or 23-1 when I made that bet back in october. I heard somewhere that before the season klay had like 1000-1 odds to win the mvp this year lol, crazy. I wish I woulda put my money on gsw to win the pacific as well, clipps were clear favorites lol. Could get at least 4 times my money back.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by kaiballz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 am

Porzingis wrote:
kaiballz wrote:
Porzingis wrote:Yeah i put only like 15$ (to win 300$) for curry to win MVP this year. I'll be pissed if he doesn't. I like my chances. #sexyodds #october2014 #chefcurrywiththepotboy

It was 22-1 or 23-1 when I made that bet back in october. I heard somewhere that before the season klay had like 1000-1 odds to win the mvp this year lol, crazy. I wish I woulda put my money on gsw to win the pacific as well, clipps were clear favorites lol. Could get at least 4 times my money back.

snap, i knew it couldn't be the current odds. nice call btw. i think you're at least with a 60% chance of winning the 300

I believe in this team.

migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#19 » by migya » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 am

I saw a stat a few weeks ago that stated that Curry was first among players in +/- and some other advanced type stat that showed that with him the team outscored the opposition by something like 25pts but without him they were about even with the opposition. That article also stated that it was the highest differential of any player in nba history, whether that was or is true is to be noted but Curry certainly is valuable.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#20 » by DreDay » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 am

migya wrote:I saw a stat a few weeks ago that stated that Curry was first among players in +/- and some other advanced type stat that showed that with him the team outscored the opposition by something like 25pts but without him they were about even with the opposition. That article also stated that it was the highest differential of any player in nba history, whether that was or is true is to be noted but Curry certainly is valuable.

Shhhh, we're stacked everywhere else and Curry is just here for the ride. Harden is the one carrying his team of D-Leaguers.

Return to Golden State Warriors