Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Schedule going forward is brutal 

Post#21 » by old rem » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Quazza wrote:
a8bil wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:the stretch of games from 3/24 to 4/7 must be some kind of sick joke:

@POR
@MEM
@MIL
@LAC
PHX
@DAL
@SAS
@NOR

:noway:

Exactly...can we win 50% of those?

course we can!
Who is THE #1 team/ GSW is. While beating Mempgis on their floor will be hard.. GSW can beat ANY team.
CENSORED... No comment.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#22 » by Xplatformer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:24 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:the stretch of games from 3/24 to 4/7 must be some kind of sick joke:

@POR
@MEM
@MIL
@LAC
PHX
@DAL
@SAS
@NOR

:noway:

You didn't include Utah who the Warriors play tonight. Second night of a back to back for the Warriors.

I'm saying tonight's game will be as difficult as the next Spurs game.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#23 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Jazz aren't going to beat us in Oracle. They beat us earlier this year. A trend I've noticed is these boys come to play when going against a team that got the better of them previously. Spurs, Hawks, Clippers... they came out amped up after losses to those guys. I don't think the Jazz will fair any better than those teams did.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#24 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:14 am

Alridge and batum both hurt too now for Blazers
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#25 » by turk3d » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:41 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Jazz aren't going to beat us in Oracle. They beat us earlier this year. A trend I've noticed is these boys come to play when going against a team that got the better of them previously. Spurs, Hawks, Clippers... they came out amped up after losses to those guys. I don't think the Jazz will fair any better than those teams did.

You got that one right East Bay. lol
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Re: 

Post#26 » by turk3d » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:43 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Alridge and batum both hurt too now for Blazers

I have a feeling that if things keep going the way they are for our competitors and no one else gets hurt for us, we're going to sail into the playoffs (knock on wood).I think that it's our competitors (the ones who still have to face us) whose schedule is brutal.

We just have to continue our edge when we play against teams which we know are inferior. That seems to be something they've been doing a pretty good job at lately. Kerr's got to keep that momentum going. It's been a heckuva run so far this season.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Schedule going forward is brutal 

Post#27 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:08 pm

If we continue to play the way we have in the last 4-5 games (aside from the anomaly of the Lakers game), I can't see us losing more than 1 or 2 games, aside from any games where we rest multiple starters.

Utah had the best record since the All-Star break, and were something like 12-3 in their past 15 games, the 3 losses by a total of 8 points, with roughly half that schedule being against playoff teams. And we blew them away by 16, without one of our All-Stars.

This team is just sick right now. Iguodala is absolutely killing it leading the second unit, which is clicking like no bench unit I can remember anywhere.

As an aside, Utah is going to be scary if they somehow can get some good guard play....

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#28 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:11 pm

turk3d wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:Alridge and batum both hurt too now for Blazers

I have a feeling that if things keep going the way they are for our competitors and no one else gets hurt for us, we're going to sail into the playoffs (knock on wood).I think that it's our competitors (the ones who still have to face us) whose schedule is brutal.

We just have to continue our edge when we play against teams which we know are inferior. That seems to be something they've been doing a pretty good job at lately. Kerr's got to keep that momentum going. It's been a heckuva run so far this season.
Just want to win the Memphis meetings
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,159

Post#29 » by watch1958 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Beating Whiz would let Kerr rest guys against PDX, giving them 3 days off before the Memphis game.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#30 » by cladden » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:39 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:I know the NBA and fans around the world would think something if the Warriors rest their star players against the Pelicans, but I would do it including the home game against the Pelicans. I rather face the Pelicans than the Thunder in the 1st Round.

The Pelicans are simply not good enough to make the playoffs I think. Even without Durant OKC will stay ahead of them. Also, I most certainly do not want to throw any games. We are the number 1 seed and are not the least bit worried about anyone, least of all the OKC without Durant. Bring em on. In fact, give em a 1-0 lead because we should and will crush them with 4 straight Ws.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#31 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:36 pm

cladden wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:I know the NBA and fans around the world would think something if the Warriors rest their star players against the Pelicans, but I would do it including the home game against the Pelicans. I rather face the Pelicans than the Thunder in the 1st Round.

The Pelicans are simply not good enough to make the playoffs I think. Even without Durant OKC will stay ahead of them. Also, I most certainly do not want to throw any games. We are the number 1 seed and are not the least bit worried about anyone, least of all the OKC without Durant. Bring em on. In fact, give em a 1-0 lead because we should and will crush them with 4 straight Ws.

The Pelicans are done. They can pretty much pack up and clean out their locker rooms. Getting the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft to get Anthony Davis was great for the Pelicans, but they got too selfish. They went all in by trading the 2013 1st Round Pick and the 2014 1st Round Pick for Jrue Holiday who's a solid player, but sorry, he's not a top tier player where you trade two 1st Round Picks that was #6 at the time in the 2013 NBA Drat and most likely was going to be a top 10 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft for Jrue Holiday. Then trading a 2015 1st Round Pick that's most likely going to be a Top 12 Pick for Omer Asik who's a solid defensive player, but doesn't bring pretty much nothing on offense just to try to make the playoffs at the #8 spot at the highest playoff seed for them when everybody knows the Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets, Trail Blazers, Spurs, Clippers, Mavericks, and the Thunder with a healthy Kevin Durant were pretty much each locked up for a playoff spot. They reached too soon by trading away 3 high 1st Round Picks and throwing away their money on Tyreke Evans and Ryan Anderson when their roster was no where near ready to contend.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#32 » by turk3d » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 pm

The Pels (like a few other contending NBA teams this year) will just have to regroup and should come back strong next year. Injuries have killed a number of possible playoff teams this year. Fortunately for us (knock on wood) the injury bug hasn't hit us as hard as it has in the past. Durant, DHoward, Paul George, Ibaka, Rose, Aldrdidge, Westbrook (earlier in the season), Bosh, Carmelo to name a few. Pels are going to be fine, next year.

They've been going down like flies this year.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#33 » by a8bil » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:54 am

Kinda fun at this time of the season to go back to look at the Kevin Love thread that ended last July. 510TWSS asked the question where people saw the warriors would be at end the season. Not embarassed by my assessment...although I clearly overestimated Lee's contribution to this year's accomplishments.

Re: Kevin Love Discussion Thread
Post#2059 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:17 am

510TWSS wrote:
Quick poll how many of you guys think with the roster as is, how many wins can we rack up with our current talent level?

I'd say between 52-55, good enough for a playoff spot but historically speaking no more than a punchers chance to win a title.

Actually, great question...the tenor of this thread and many others is that the W's have it their ceiling and cannot improve without a roster workover. To me, this is twisted thinking.

Each of Klay, Curry, Draymond and Barnes, are young and improving players. We have not seen their ceilings...not by a long shot.

Lee was injured in the playoffs.

Bogut was absent.

Our bench was VERY weak this past year...we can get a couple more wins just with a stronger bench.

I think this squad is capable of 60 wins with better coaching.

There is a "chicken little" feel to the pro-Love posters who start from the false premise that we have seen all that this team can do. I don't buy it, which is in part why I'm not more willing to blow out 3 key contributors to last year's team to get Love.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:26 pm

This is the 4th game in 5 nights and 5th in 7, but no word on sitting anyone. Guess it isn't needed w/ 2 days off before Memphis and everyone playing light minutes last night.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,585

Post#35 » by HiRez » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 pm

This stretch is fantastic for us. It's like getting a free preview of a bunch of our playoff opponents, to try some things out, but without the same penalty if we do lose as compared to dropping a playoff game. I think this team is the most talented in the league, what they need to work on is focus, energy, consistency, cutting out sloppy execution, and forcing their play style on teams who would prefer another.

These games are a great chance to see if they can do that, or if not, figure out a Plan B before the games "count". Playing terrible teams doesn't tell you a lot about your team with regards to playoff games, but playing playoff-caliber teams will. Even if both teams are resting starters, it's a good preview of bench matchups.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#36 » by and1GS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 pm

It honestly looks like the only way we can lose--barring injury--is if Klay AND Steph are brutally off target for an entire game. And even then, I'd say we have a 60-70% chance at beating anybody.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Post#37 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 am

Livingston only guy confirmed to rest tonight
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#38 » by paul » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:56 am

Figured this was as good a place as any for this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyLeroux/status/580528045951422464[/tweet]
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,335

Post#39 » by migya » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
cladden wrote:

The Pelicans are done. They can pretty much pack up and clean out their locker rooms. Getting the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft to get Anthony Davis was great for the Pelicans, but they got too selfish. They went all in by trading the 2013 1st Round Pick and the 2014 1st Round Pick for Jrue Holiday who's a solid player, but sorry, he's not a top tier player where you trade two 1st Round Picks that was #6 at the time in the 2013 NBA Drat and most likely was going to be a top 10 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft for Jrue Holiday. Then trading a 2015 1st Round Pick that's most likely going to be a Top 12 Pick for Omer Asik who's a solid defensive player, but doesn't bring pretty much nothing on offense just to try to make the playoffs at the #8 spot at the highest playoff seed for them when everybody knows the Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets, Trail Blazers, Spurs, Clippers, Mavericks, and the Thunder with a healthy Kevin Durant were pretty much each locked up for a playoff spot. They reached too soon by trading away 3 high 1st Round Picks and throwing away their money on Tyreke Evans and Ryan Anderson when their roster was no where near ready to contend.

I think NO has a pretty good roster. Holiday is probably still a top 10 PG, Asik is probably a top 10 Center who defends and rebounds well being a very good fit next to ADavis, Tyreke Evans is a very good 2nd/3rd option who is versatile and allround and Ryan Anderson is a great fit as an outside shooting big. They need to figure out if Eric Gordon is viable as their SG, which he probably isn't since he's been injured most of the time since going there. If they can'e get a very good player to go there this offseason, they'll likely get one the following offseason when the salary cap dramatically increases. Many will want to play with ADavis so imagine if Durant wants to go there, they'll be contenders instantly with those two surrounded by the good players they already have.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 pm

paul wrote:Figured this was as good a place as any for this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyLeroux/status/580528045951422464[/tweet]

aka "Our Real Lineup"

Return to Golden State Warriors