ImageImageImageImageImage

Howard elbow on Bogut GIF

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Watch this thing closely....I wish I had the close up replay.

Anyone who watches MMA on a regular basis knows how much damage the point of an elbow can do. IMO Bogut got extremely lucky that he only caught the forearm, and that the brunt and point of Howard's big azz elbow didn't knock his teeth out or break his jaw.

I know howard was frustrated by being held....but Bogut also has to deal with Howard using those elbows constantly to clear space. There are countless times when Howard tried to clear space on Bogut Draymond and Ezeli, by using the elbow. Bogut caught one in the ribs in the first quarter, Ezeli was plain set and Howard ran into him and cleared him out with no call, and elbow his way to space.

I'm not saying Bogut doesn't grab, foul, knock, and other things throughout the game, but to me Howard gets away with murder. And the fact that a blow to the head with an elbow that could have done severe damage had it not missed its mark, didn't end in an ejection is crazy to me.

Props to Bogut for his reaction after the fact.

They better follow through with the appropriate penalty.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Re: Howard elbow on Bogut GIF 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

this has the angles and slo mo. I think Bogut was holding his wrist for fear that the elbow was coming prior to the elbow coming. Reason I say that is because he's really not letting the wrist go.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-26J6OT1o[/youtube]
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#3 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Horford was more discreet and Deli tried to take out his knees.

Blatantly going at someones head after they grab your wrist is an overreaction. Howard should be suspended, especially when you consider his history.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#4 » by Quazza » Tue May 26, 2015 5:24 pm

no way the league upgrades t

Should they? Absolutely. But they wont
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#5 » by ChuckDurn » Tue May 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Quazza wrote:no way the league upgrades t

Should they? Absolutely. But they wont

I agree. I'd be shocked if they upgrade it, solely because that would force Howard to sit out.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 pm

I heard that there are points per flagrants for the playoffs and this might be the third point, which would make him unavailable for game 5. We shall see, as they say.

I'll be outraged, because this to me was more like JR Smith, than it was Horford.
Khoee wrote “
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#7 » by FNQ » Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 pm

I'd hate the idea of not going up against Howard game 5.. facing an elimination game, that's lame. Definitely should be punished for that though. Give him a 5 gamer to open next year, but let him continue playing in these playoffs.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#8 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 26, 2015 7:10 pm

I just don't see how the league can't give him a flagrant II upon that video. He literally tried to knock Bogut in the face with his elbow ....AND made contact straight to the face. The fact that Bogut didn't crumble to the floow in pain is a testimate to his toughness...but doesn't dimish the attempt at all.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#9 » by and1GS » Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Flagrant 2 or GTFO Silver. That's clear as day.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#10 » by and1GS » Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm

FNQ wrote:I'd hate the idea of not going up against Howard game 5.. facing an elimination game, that's lame. Definitely should be punished for that though. Give him a 5 gamer to open next year, but let him continue playing in these playoffs.

What about a mandatory trade to the Lakers instead of a suspension? Home at last.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#11 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue May 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Bogut screwed up by not crumpling to the floor holding his jaw. Would have been an instant ejection.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#12 » by turk3d » Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Bogut screwed up by not crumpling to the floor holding his jaw. Would have been an instant ejection.

The way things are going, they most likely would have called Bogut for a flop, lol although not funny.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#13 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:37 pm

No news on any suspension.
CanTuna
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#14 » by CanTuna » Tue May 26, 2015 9:09 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Bogut screwed up by not crumpling to the floor holding his jaw. Would have been an instant ejection.

I think you're right. The severity of contact is number one on the list of rules determining a flagrant II...

The League Office will consider the following factors (as well as any other relevant facts and circumstances) in determining whether to classify a foul as Flagrant "1" or Flagrant "2", to reclassify a flagrant foul, or to impose a fine and/or suspension on the player involved:
1. The severity of the contact;
2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head);
3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player's arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact;
4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);
5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and
6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation).

A good fall followed by grimacing while holding his face would have gone a long way in getting howard ejected right there. As it stood Bogut looked more pissed than hurt.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeah still waiting.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Coxy » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Bogut just took the hit and soldiered on as if to say, "Sweet, your gone dude".
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#17 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm

All proof that Bogut should never, ever be accused of flopping. Dude took a hit from Dwight in the mouth and just rolled his eyes. He wasn't even interested in talking trash to Dwight or retaliating. I bet Dwight has nothing but respect for Bogut.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#18 » by turk3d » Tue May 26, 2015 10:51 pm

CanTuna wrote:

I think you're right. The severity of contact is number one on the list of rules determining a flagrant II...

The League Office will consider the following factors (as well as any other relevant facts and circumstances) in determining whether to classify a foul as Flagrant "1" or Flagrant "2", to reclassify a flagrant foul, or to impose a fine and/or suspension on the player involved:
1. The severity of the contact;
2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head);
3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player's arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact;
4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);
5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and
6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation).

A good fall followed by grimacing while holding his face would have gone a long way in getting howard ejected right there. As it stood Bogut looked more pissed than hurt.

Kinda funny, but he didn't even look that angry. Seemed more bewildered than anything else. More like, "can't believe that dumbass did that, oh well".
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Coxy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Dwight will NOT be punished further for this.

He is free to play in game 5.

The NBA has just cheated for ratings and shat on us. I hope this fires the boys up to destroy the Rox and give a giant F-U to Silver.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#20 » by icat2000 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:23 am

No surprises. Bogut took a smack to the chops according to NBA. And thats okay. Bogut is a smart player and Howard he is a low IQ centre. Get Game 5 win and move on. That all that Bogut cares about getting to the Finals.

Return to Golden State Warriors