ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeremy Lin

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#41 » by Plossum » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 pm

I'd be happy with lin. Plays smart and wouldn't have too much pressure on him here. If price is right then could be a nice get.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Jeremy Lin 

Post#42 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:46 pm

Venture_hoopsta wrote:Isn't Aaron Craft likely to make next years roster. Believe Kerr was very high on him from Summer League and training camp. May be the guy to get LB's minutes. $1.5 vs $.5M. Certainly better option than Lin (IMHO) Oh, by the way, d-league defender of year, led SC Warriors to championship

Does Craft have any NBA skills on offense at this point? With Livingston being the first guard off the bench, the second guard will have to have offensive inclinations, or the defense can stick all 5 guys in the restricted area....

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Venture_hoopsta
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Jeremy Lin 

Post#43 » by Venture_hoopsta » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 am

Overall GP MIN W L FGM FGA FG% 3FGM 3FGA 3FG% FTM FTA FT%
2014-15 50 36.1 35 15 3.3 7.6 43.4% 0.6 2.3 25.7% 2.1 2.6 78.6%

OREB DREB REB AST TOV STL BLK PF PTS +/-
0.6 4.3 4.9 6.2 1.7 2.5 0.3 2.6 9.2 6.8

The Aaron Craft SCW Stats seem to point to him as an excellent point guard

Craft will likely handle, get to the rim and assist with his minutes.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 700

Post#44 » by RollingWave » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 am

Venture_hoopsta wrote:Overall GP MIN W L FGM FGA FG% 3FGM 3FGA 3FG% FTM FTA FT%

There's nothing there except mayyyybe the ast / tov that suggest to me he's an NBA player, let's point out that Lin was actually a bit younger than Craft in his rookie season, and had a dominant PER (21, which if he had that in the NBA would basically be an allstar, where as Craft was at 13, 15 is the average.) and a significantly higher TS% with much higher volume in the D-league. (the only thing Craft did better was not throwing it away. which given that Lin definately held the ball much more and made more assist as well, is not as much of a plus as you would think.) and even then people thought he wasn't a NBA player.

You don't give a key rotation spot to someone who's only NBA skill might be the ability to dribble up the floor without throwing it it away. that might be ok as your last roster spot , but certainly nothing more.

As for Lin, it depends, if he buys in to the role and takes the mid level exception, your unlikely to get anyone better in the market . He's pretty good nowaday. he can definitely defend much better than Barbosa for one thing. which would probably keep him on the floor longer. (Lin actually had a pretty good RPM last year, where as Barbosa did not.) Barbosa's a more pure scorer than Lin, but Lin does bring more to the table overall right now.

I think there will probably be bigger offers for him this summer though, if you listened to Nate Duncan's recent podcast you'll realize a lot of teams will end up with cap space but no players. so odds are a lot of decent rotation players will end up getting surprisingly big money. and at his age I guess he still wants to prove himself, but who knows, it's worth a try. certainly if a team can convince him to take a 7th/ 8th man role at the mid level it's the Warriors.

I personally think it would be good for him to finally stick to a backup role on a good system, he was actually quite good in his 2nd year in Houston doing that. he had a ridiculous true shooting percentage while playing pretty good defense. and even won the Rockets a game in the playoffs (granted. he might have also costed them one.) but it's hard to fault him for chasing money and opportunity at this stage of his career.
The river of time wash away all heroes
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#45 » by B-King » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:52 pm

GoldenState- wrote:
B-King wrote:I was trying to find the article where Jeremy Lin stated he regretted signing with the Warriors because he felt it was more of a marketing ploy. For a kid this lucky to smack the team that gave him a break is a joke. He isn't talented enough to take back unless you wanted to sign him as a marketing ploy. I would rather just move on then let him eat his words and come back.

This is why I am super happy we have the front office we have, one of the best in the league. They won't let small **** like what Lin supposedly said affect them in whether or not they sign Lin. They will sign him if he helps the team in anyway. Also I am glad our front office don't listen to fans on basketball transactions.

Regardless of all other things, he isn't all that good of a player. He belongs in the league, but he is nothing special.
Venture_hoopsta
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Venture_hoopsta » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I think maybe the front office/Kerr see more than "nothing there" and certainly more value for the team during this tight cap season for the Dubs. Time will tell.

RollingWave wrote:

There's nothing there except mayyyybe the ast / tov that suggest to me he's an NBA player, let's point out that Lin was actually a bit younger than Craft in his rookie season, and had a dominant PER (21, which if he had that in the NBA would basically be an allstar, where as Craft was at 13, 15 is the average.) and a significantly higher TS% with much higher volume in the D-league. (the only thing Craft did better was not throwing it away. which given that Lin definately held the ball much more and made more assist as well, is not as much of a plus as you would think.) and even then people thought he wasn't a NBA player.

You don't give a key rotation spot to someone who's only NBA skill might be the ability to dribble up the floor without throwing it it away. that might be ok as your last roster spot , but certainly nothing more.

As for Lin, it depends, if he buys in to the role and takes the mid level exception, your unlikely to get anyone better in the market . He's pretty good nowaday. he can definitely defend much better than Barbosa for one thing. which would probably keep him on the floor longer. (Lin actually had a pretty good RPM last year, where as Barbosa did not.) Barbosa's a more pure scorer than Lin, but Lin does bring more to the table overall right now.

I think there will probably be bigger offers for him this summer though, if you listened to Nate Duncan's recent podcast you'll realize a lot of teams will end up with cap space but no players. so odds are a lot of decent rotation players will end up getting surprisingly big money. and at his age I guess he still wants to prove himself, but who knows, it's worth a try. certainly if a team can convince him to take a 7th/ 8th man role at the mid level it's the Warriors.

I personally think it would be good for him to finally stick to a backup role on a good system, he was actually quite good in his 2nd year in Houston doing that. he had a ridiculous true shooting percentage while playing pretty good defense. and even won the Rockets a game in the playoffs (granted. he might have also costed them one.) but it's hard to fault him for chasing money and opportunity at this stage of his career.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#47 » by 510TWSS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 pm

We're really stretching the use of the word "excellent" here.

A guy like him will have to learn how to shoot effectively to survive off of marginal NBA tools. Surprising he carried a decent TS% in college cause he shot 33% from college 3's over 4 years. But the 3pt shot isn't really part of his game. IIRC, he was much more of a get into the paint kinda guy and could finish or dump off. Defense was his calling card, but defense alone won't gift you a roster spot if you can't shoot whatsoever.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#48 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:00 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Venture_hoopsta wrote:Isn't Aaron Craft likely to make next years roster. Believe Kerr was very high on him from Summer League and training camp. May be the guy to get LB's minutes. $1.5 vs $.5M. Certainly better option than Lin (IMHO) Oh, by the way, d-league defender of year, led SC Warriors to championship

Does Craft have any NBA skills on offense at this point? With Livingston being the first guard off the bench, the second guard will have to have offensive inclinations, or the defense can stick all 5 guys in the restricted area....

Craft has a great assist to turn over ratio.....and by everything I've heard really runs the team well from the point. But he's a really average to bad shooter. Defensively he's a total stud, which creates some easy baskets off of breaking off of steals. He's got to shoot it better.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#49 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

Craft has a great assist to turn over ratio.....and by everything I've heard really runs the team well from the point. But he's a really average to bad shooter. Defensively he's a total stud, which creates some easy baskets off of breaking off of steals. He's got to shoot it better.

From where he was during last years summer league, I thought he really improved his shot over the course of the year. He still has a ways to go, but i gotta think he's got the work ethic to get it done.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Jeremy Lin 

Post#50 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:55 am

Craft lacks quickness and perimeter shooting. You need one to keep defenses honest.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Jeremy Lin 

Post#51 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:58 am

I would rather have Marco than Lin. I like Barbosa better than Lin, just because I know what he brings.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GMstatus
Starter
And1: 72

Post#52 » by GMstatus » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:04 am

We need a slasher/penatrator off the bench. One who can create his own shot. Michael Frazier is a good shooter that I think will surprise people and earn a spot on our roster.
fromthetop321 on 11/14/15 wrote:Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.

antistrat on 11/14/15 wrote:Curry is intimidated by LeBron the same way KD is intimidated by LeBron.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#53 » by Onus » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:51 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

He's our version of Delledova
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#54 » by lars_rosenberg » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:58 pm

Or Rondo lol.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 920

Post#55 » by dk1115 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:35 am

I'll sign him for 3M and a bag of chips.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 488

Post#56 » by giordunk » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:36 am

B-King wrote:I was trying to find the article where Jeremy Lin stated he regretted signing with the Warriors because he felt it was more of a marketing ploy. For a kid this lucky to smack the team that gave him a break is a joke. He isn't talented enough to take back unless you wanted to sign him as a marketing ploy. I would rather just move on then let him eat his words and come back.

I think you misread it, I don't think he'd ever go on record saying something I like that. I know he did acknowledge the whole marketing ploy. I think he regretted signing the Warriors because of the unnecessary pressure put on him every time he stepped on the floor.
i like peanuts
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#57 » by B-King » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:58 am

giordunk wrote:

I think you misread it, I don't think he'd ever go on record saying something I like that. I know he did acknowledge the whole marketing ploy. I think he regretted signing the Warriors because of the unnecessary pressure put on him every time he stepped on the floor.

It could have been misread or misrepresented by the reporter. I wish I did have the article for people to decide for themselves. Regardless, it doesn't look like a good fit for either party.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#58 » by statsman » Fri Jul 3, 2015 7:39 pm

Pass
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#59 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:21 pm

I second on the pass....
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#60 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:19 pm

I passed gas
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors