Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Re: And here it begins: The Draymond Green Courtship 

Post#181 » by bakesale » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:25 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
smh. wrong board.

Why is it the wrong board? I'm stating my opinion about the homophobe Draymond Green.

You are drawing conclusions of a man based on a couple of tweets from when he was in college? You sound like a real great dude yourself...

Are all male flight attendants gay??? Cuz we have one and of they are he gone have to stay out of the first class section in stay in da back
— Draymond Green (@Money23Green) March 24, 2010

He couldn't make it any clearer (albeit with awful sentence structure and a pathetic grasp for grammar) if he tried! Is it really that hard a conclusion to draw?

Are you implying that being young and in college makes it ok to say such insulting things?

And my pointing out how ignorant he is makes me a bad dude??

:noway: :crazy:
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#182 » by bakesale » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:30 pm

NuWarriors wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
smh. wrong board.

Why is it the wrong board? I'm stating my opinion about the homophobe Draymond Green.

We are all ignorant until we gain experience and knowledge... I'm sure you've done everything correctly your entire life.

Hey, I'm happy to admit I've made some stupid mistakes in my life but I'm not ignorant and hateful towards gay men, nor have I ever been. I've always been open to anyone from all walks of life, my entire life.

Oh wait, I'm not open to people who are ignorant and say or do hateful things. You've got me there! ;) :lol:
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Re: Draymond signed? 

Post#183 » by cpower » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:32 pm

old rem wrote:The per year is several Mill a year higher than I expected.. I reckon GSW could have gone bid and match but Team unity and morle.. is a big deal and this reaches into the years when the cap soars a lot.. You can bet it's backloaded.. While Dray's numbers were nothing huge.. there's no doubt he was a MAJOR factor.

Turning a GSW franchise that often was not AVERAGE.. into CHAMPS.. was a special feat. A lot of it was "more than meets the eye".
GSW's whole thing...is TEAM. After almost a decade of Front office, owners,coaches, players never on the same page.... it dawned on someone.. why not see what worked so well for the NINERS. Amd it sure paid off.

So.... While GSW could have saved MILLIONS by playing hard ball. They took another path.

he is worth this much on open market. Carroll signed for 15m per year, how much do you think Green is worth?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#184 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:50 pm

@82M/5 compared to $60M/4, Dray's only making on average $1.4M more a year than Carroll so I think it's fair based on the ridiculous deals that teams out there are giving to players. I guess the extra year that Dray's getting helps.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#185 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:57 pm

:lol: you guys (bakesale) are ridiculous.......C'MON MAN
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#186 » by NuWarriors » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:05 pm

bakesale wrote:
NuWarriors wrote:
bakesale wrote:

We are all ignorant until we gain experience and knowledge... I'm sure you've done everything correctly your entire life.

Hey, I'm happy to admit I've made some stupid mistakes in my life but I'm not ignorant and hateful towards gay men, nor have I ever been. I've always been open to anyone from all walks of life, my entire life.

Oh wait, I'm not open to people who are ignorant and say or do hateful things. You've got me there! ;) :lol:

I find solace in forgiving people for their past indiscretions instead of judging them. Maybe you should check with Draymond and see if this is still what he thinks... it might go a long way in finding your own peace instead of coming to a message board and spewing your own kind of hate. I haven't seen you call Bogut a homophobe even though he has continually called Stephen A. Smith a poof and a hair stylist. Do you only think it's homophobia when Draymond does it? What's really your beef here?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#187 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:12 pm

If the guy was truly a homophobe, I doubt very seriously that he'd want to stay in the Bay Area.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: LACOB'S BIG SPLASH! 

Post#188 » by Onus » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:45 pm

I think Lacob saw David Griffin spending all his money on retaining his players at absurd rates, so he caved to Draymond
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: Now that the season is actually over, what do you think Dray is going to get? 

Post#189 » by Onus » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:47 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Draymond making more than Steph and Klay :lol:

Except Draymond isn't making more than Klay
4/70 = 17.5 > 5/82 = 16.4
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#190 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:07 pm

I recall his first interviews in his rookie year, he talked up God. So it may be a religious/cultural thing.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#191 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:17 pm

I can't believe we just gave Draymond Green 82mil... 5 years ago he hadn't played a single minute in the NBA and was a fringe starter on Mich. St.

- is why judging from 5 years ago is stupid.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#192 » by likashing » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:23 pm

wco81 wrote:I recall his first interviews in his rookie year, he talked up God. So it may be a religious/cultural thing.

He is a smart guy. He wanted to get minutes from The Caterpillar.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#193 » by likashing » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:26 pm

The more I look at the deal, the more I like it. If we can move Lee quickly before the moratorium ends, we will probably structure his deal to be $16.4m flat for 5 years. That will be useful in 2017 when we re-tool. If not, his 1st year salary is $14.3m.

The Magic, Lakers, and Knicks all got struck out for a big man. Hopefully we can move Lee and get something useful in return.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#194 » by The-Power » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:31 pm

wco81 wrote:I recall his first interviews in his rookie year, he talked up God. So it may be a religious/cultural thing.

Or it was something many young people say with the purpose of looking cool, albeit a limited world view probably contributes to it. His tweet was beyond stupid but it's not justified to judge his character based on one tweet a couple years ago since we neither know his actual mindset nor do we know how he thinks of homosexuality today.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#195 » by 510TWSS » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:31 pm

Lee to Orl for S/T Kyle O'Quinn.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#196 » by DaHef » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:45 pm

They had to move him out of the 4 after the 1st 3 games against Cleveland. Tristian Thompson ate him up.
Just my opinion, it's too much dough for a tweener unless he develops into a solid 3. Looks more like a David Lee contract to me.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#197 » by HiRez » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:09 pm

DaHef wrote:They had to move him out of the 4 after the 1st 3 games against Cleveland. Tristian Thompson ate him up.
Just my opinion, it's too much dough for a tweener unless he develops into a solid 3. Looks more like a David Lee contract to me.

Sure but he's significantly better than Lee (longer jumper range on offense, much better and much more versatile defender) and $80M now isn't what it was then (especially once the cap jumps). I do think he will end up as a nominal 3 eventually, but he's always going to be a multi-position type of player. Which is just fine as long as he's surrounded by other versatile players who can adjust to various matches, as the Warriors currently do. If Green were on a team where he was just asked to be their full-time PF and everyone has a set-in-stone role, I think it might be tough on him, but fortunately this team is made to be flexible and adapt its lineup to different challenges.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#198 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:17 pm

HiRez wrote:
DaHef wrote:They had to move him out of the 4 after the 1st 3 games against Cleveland. Tristian Thompson ate him up.

Sure but he's significantly better than Lee (longer jumper range on offense, much better and much more versatile defender) and $80M now isn't what it was then (especially once the cap jumps). I do think he will end up as a nominal 3 eventually, but he's always going to be a multi-position type of player. Which is just fine as long as he's surrounded by other versatile players who can adjust to various matches, as the Warriors currently do. If Green were on a team where he was just asked to be their full-time PF and everyone has a set-in-stone role, I think it might be tough on him, but fortunately this team is made to be flexible and adapt its lineup to different challenges.

What you say is true, but what's weird is that he seemed to play better against even bigger guys, Mozgov in the Cav series and Gasol in the Griz series (although he did have problems there too with Zach). Go figure.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#199 » by The-Power » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:18 pm

DaHef wrote:Just my opinion, it's too much dough for a tweener unless he develops into a solid 3.

:roll:

Please, define the term 'tweener' and explain how it applies to Green. I'm all ears.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Draymond signed? 

Post#200 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:25 pm

The-Power wrote:
DaHef wrote:Just my opinion, it's too much dough for a tweener unless he develops into a solid 3.

:roll:

Please, define the term 'tweener' and explain how it applies to Green. I'm all ears.

Well, he finished tween first and third in defensive player of the year, and can guard any position tween 0 and 6. And he was tween first and third in Most Improved. Clearly, he's a tweener.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Golden State Warriors