ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond Green Huge Little man Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: The Draymond Green Courtship (signed for 5/85) 

Post#241 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Jul 5, 2015 3:25 pm

wco81 wrote:Grant land writer cited some examples, such as the little tear drops he made over Mozgov or Thompson in one of the games.

Maybe Dray doesn't get that shot off without it being blocked later on in his career.

Draymond probably shot like 35% on tear drop floaters lmao. He can cut that **** out tomorrow and I'll be happy
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#242 » by shazam_guy » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:20 pm

Yes, and in his rookie year he shot about 21 percent on 3s. He got better, of course -- somewhere north of 35 percent this year. If you don't try things, you don't get better. Telling a hard worker like Green to stop trying things he's not good at is not a very sensible use of a player whose upside is still not fully known.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

The Draymond Green Courtship (signed for 5/85) 

Post#243 » by cj03 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:26 pm

wco81 wrote:Grant land writer cited some examples, such as the little tear drops he made over Mozgov or Thompson in one of the games.

Maybe Dray doesn't get that shot off without it being blocked later on in his career.

A floater requires no athleticism. What dray was trying earlier in the series (driving into bigs) requires athleticism and he isn't an elite athlete. If anything he'll need to keep developing the floater to compensate for his declining athleticism.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#244 » by bakesale » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:50 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:

Draymond probably shot like 35% on tear drop floaters lmao. He can cut that **** out tomorrow and I'll be happy

Fact is he's only just working on that shot and trying to improve in that area. If he does improve, his value/importance on offence will be significant.

You're being as short sighted as evanz was when he said klay shouldn't drive to the basket.

Geez, can you give these guys more than 5 minutes to figure out how to do these things well?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#245 » by Kuya » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:51 am

It was a pleasant surprise he became a semi-stretch 4, would like him to be a full-time stretch 4 with a more consistent shot next yr.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#246 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:40 pm

Honestly when he was taking it to the rack aggressivley he said on Tolberts show, that he was looking to get fouled and go to the line. Instead he was getting roofed and no calls at all. Then we here he has a sore back. We're down 2-1 and things are looking dicey.

Next thing you know we here that his back feels better and he's working hard at the floater and he's gonna stop taking it right into Mozgov and Thompson. He ends up making some of those practiced floaters, and turns it up on defense as the teams center. He and Curry turned it up a notch and the rest is history. Of course Iguodala was huge too.

But I'm cool with any player working on fascets of his game to add. A well rounded skilled player is much harder to figure out than a guy who continues to do one thing.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#247 » by DynastySS » Mon Jul 6, 2015 10:46 pm

What a weird thread. Bogut-only fans upset about who knows what.

Bogut likes Draymond, shouldn't that make you guys like Draymond? Not sure how the player-only fan thing works...
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#248 » by DaHef » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:25 am

cj03 wrote:

A floater requires no athleticism. What dray was trying earlier in the series (driving into bigs) requires athleticism and he isn't an elite athlete. If anything he'll need to keep developing the floater to compensate for his declining athleticism.

And maybe develop a reliable stand up 14 footer like Lee a couple years ago and Speights. Then his pump fake would be a lot more effective. Power forwards like Barkley and Malone have beasted on pumps because they could nail the mid J.
prech
Junior
And1: 65

Post#249 » by prech » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:00 am

Anyone else feeling a little disappointed that Draymond held out for this $17m/year contract when we hear of folks like David West and others (Duncan, Nowitzki) taking substantially less to ensure salary cap viability for the next however many number of years?

I understand Draymond is young and should be paid, but at the end of the day, he's an elite defender and a talented role player, not a top-25 player who can depended upon for creating his own shot, yet he immediately leaps into becoming the #1/#2 highest paid player on the Warriors. I just hope he keeps improving and his bulky contract doesn't hinder the Warriors from resigning Curry, Iguodala, and Bogut in a few years.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#250 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:31 am

He's young so he will try and get as much money as possible...like anybody would
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#251 » by FNQ » Tue Jul 7, 2015 6:16 pm

prech wrote:Anyone else feeling a little disappointed that Draymond held out for this $17m/year contract when we hear of folks like David West and others (Duncan, Nowitzki) taking substantially less to ensure salary cap viability for the next however many number of years?

I understand Draymond is young and should be paid, but at the end of the day, he's an elite defender and a talented role player, not a top-25 player who can depended upon for creating his own shot, yet he immediately leaps into becoming the #1/#2 highest paid player on the Warriors. I just hope he keeps improving and his bulky contract doesn't hinder the Warriors from resigning Curry, Iguodala, and Bogut in a few years.

Because those 2 are in their late 30s and have made tons of money, and Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick who made less than 1m for 3 consecutive season and could have been cut at any time without getting paid.

It doesn't matter who the highest paid player is. Really. It was Lee last year. That's just a glowing testament to how good of a GM Myers is for locking up Curry at way below market value. And why would we re-sign Bogut? And if we did, it shouldnt cost us an arm and a leg. Also wary of re-signing Iguodala. These guys will be old old when their contracts are up. Iguodala's smart, but his lack of a jumper means he's still reliant on his athleticism to be good. Bogut OTOH had a surgery (2.5 years ago) that starts showing serious deterioration after year 5, and usually requires a cleanup procedure.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Re: And here it begins: The Draymond Green Courtship 

Post#252 » by Bball0000 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 10:51 am

bakesale wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
bakesale wrote:The homophobe Draymond green doesn't deserve such a big contract [POUTING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

smh. wrong board.

Why is it the wrong board? I'm stating my opinion about the homophobe Draymond Green.

You have to ask? lol. 'Cause wth does some dudes political beliefs have to do with whether he can play basketball and get paid for playing basketball.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer

Re: And here it begins: The Draymond Green Courtship 

Post#253 » by Bball0000 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:02 am

bakesale wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
bakesale wrote:The homophobe Draymond green doesn't deserve such a big contract [POUTING FACE]

smh. wrong board.

Why is it the wrong board? I'm stating my opinion about the homophobe Draymond Green.

Also he has the right to believe whatever he wants. He doesn't like a certain demographics behavior. That's his prerogative. Why do we feel the need to make everyone pro-gay? Where's the freedom in that. He doesn't have to agree with homosexulality, just like he doesn't have to agree with transexuals, polygamists, beastiality, inbreds, etc. It's his choice, and there's kind've a premise there (that whole inconvenient anatomical fact and that whole annoying thing about how kids need a mother&father -- probably overrated). But regardless, W's are paying him to play basketball, not to be a politician.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,043

Post#254 » by The-Power » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:47 pm

prech wrote:Anyone else feeling a little disappointed that Draymond held out for this $17m/year contract when we hear of folks like David West and others (Duncan, Nowitzki) taking substantially less to ensure salary cap viability for the next however many number of years?

You should figure out the answer yourself when you look at Green and the players you compared him to.

prech wrote:I understand Draymond is young and should be paid, but at the end of the day, he's an elite defender and a talented role player, not a top-25 player who can depended upon for creating his own shot, yet he immediately leaps into becoming the #1/#2 highest paid player on the Warriors. I just hope he keeps improving and his bulky contract doesn't hinder the Warriors from resigning Curry, Iguodala, and Bogut in a few years.

Please, tell me why an elite defender with serviceable offensive skills can't be a top-25 player?! Because offense is everything you value? This is an outdated way to evaluate a player, really.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer

Post#255 » by Bball0000 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:05 pm

prech wrote:I understand Draymond is young and should be paid, but at the end of the day, he's an elite defender and a talented role player, not a top-25 player who can depended upon for creating his own shot, yet he immediately leaps into becoming the #1/#2 highest paid player on the Warriors. I just hope he keeps improving and his bulky contract doesn't hinder the Warriors from resigning Curry, Iguodala, and Bogut in a few years.

Could see your point, I have the same questions about his value. His offense got exposed in the Finals, inconsistent jumper, he became a liability (which is why having David Lee off the bench was huge). But he was 2nd in DPOY, which has to count for something I guess, even though he got pretty much owned by Anthony Davis and Zach Randolph in the playoffs. Warriors were just in a difficult position this off-season -- after winning the ring, there's no way they couldn't resign the guy. I do think he's overrated. He makes winning plays, but he's going to need to improve his offensive effectiveness (aka make an open shot, get some post moves) if he doesn't want to become a liability and an overpaid, glorified role player (rich man's Boris Diaw). 2015-2016, teams will play the W's differently, game planning specifically for Green and daring him to shoot.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#256 » by bakesale » Thu Jul 9, 2015 12:33 am

Bball0000 wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
smh. wrong board.

Also he has the right to believe whatever he wants. He doesn't like a certain demographics behavior. That's his prerogative. Why do we feel the need to make everyone pro-gay? Where's the freedom in that. He doesn't have to agree with homosexulality, just like he doesn't have to agree with transexuals, polygamists, beastiality, inbreds, etc. It's his choice, and there's kind've a premise there (that whole inconvenient anatomical fact and that whole annoying thing about how kids need a mother&father -- probably overrated). But regardless, W's are paying him to play basketball, not to be a politician.

Lol I never said I wanted to take away his freedom of speech or freedom to believe what you want. I'm all for freedom of speech.
So by that token I'm allowed to say what I want.

I never told him to be pro gay I'm not asking anyone to be pro gay, but I am saying that I don't want to support someone who is homophobic.

I'd like it if he was more open-minded, I'd like to know that a deeply Christian man would be accepting of people from all walks of life.
Jesus would never talk of excluding anyone. You'd think a Christian would strive to be more inclusive like Jesus.

I'm not Christian and whilst I try to be kind I don't tolerate people who say or do unkind things, that's the bottom line for me.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#257 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2016 8:04 am

Totally worth the money.

Got this snippet from a ballboy poster on the GB, thought it was ace.

"If Green is a product of the system why isn't his back ups getting triple doubles or near triple doubles? Is everyone on the team including Curry, Klay, Bogut, Iguodala, etc. only good because of this system? Green had one bad game, the game where it was Curry's first game out but then the next game he had a triple double with 16 assists and next game after that Curry played 14 minutes and Green put up 29/17/14 and yesterday 13/15/10. People throwing the "he's good cause he product of the system" argument for the hell of it just to sound smart but don't actually give a reason why they're a product of the system. Draymond got vision and passing skills of a point guard, can shoot and make 3pters regularly, can rebound effectively, can guard all positions, plays hard and is motivated. When people get huge contracts some of them disappear but Draymond is only getting better and better with each game/season. Being a product of a system don't automatically give you the skills, work ethic, ball I.Q., etc. Draymond has. Some fans are just ass hurt because Draymond is the truth."
Coxy
RealGM

Post#258 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2016 8:33 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:A very reasonable contract. Here are some of the new contracts given:

PLAYER, TEAM YRS/$
Damian Lillard, Blazers 5/$120M+
Kevin Love, Cavaliers 5/$110M
Kawhi Leonard, Spurs 5/$90M
Jimmy Butler, Bulls 5/$90M
Goran Dragic, Heat 5/$90M
Draymond Green, Warriors 5/$85M
Brandon Knight, Suns 5/$70M
Khris Middleton, Bucks 5/$70M
Brook Lopez, Nets 3/$60M

So, of these new deals signed in the off season, which is looking the best, and which is looking the worst?

I say the best are Dray, Leonard, Butler.

The worst, Dragic and Middleton.
Prius
Junior
And1: 324

Post#259 » by Prius » Wed Jan 6, 2016 8:41 am

Coxy wrote:Totally worth the money.

"If Green is a product of the system why isn't his back ups getting triple doubles or near triple doubles? Is everyone on the team including Curry, Klay, Bogut, Iguodala, etc. only good because of this system? Green had one bad game, the game where it was Curry's first game out but then the next game he had a triple double with 16 assists and next game after that Curry played 14 minutes and Green put up 29/17/14 and yesterday 13/15/10. People throwing the "he's good cause he product of the system" argument for the hell of it just to sound smart but don't actually give a reason why they're a product of the system. Draymond got vision and passing skills of a point guard, can shoot and make 3pters regularly, can rebound effectively, can guard all positions, plays hard and is motivated. When people get huge contracts some of them disappear but Draymond is only getting better and better with each game/season. Being a product of a system don't automatically give you the skills, work ethic, ball I.Q., etc. Draymond has. Some fans are just ass hurt because Draymond is the truth."

SmH...didn't even And 1 me
Coxy
RealGM

Post#260 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2016 8:51 am

Prius wrote:
Coxy wrote:Totally worth the money.

SmH...didn't even And 1 me

Lol, I'm on Read Only on the GB, would have absolutely otherwise.

Return to Golden State Warriors