ImageImageImageImageImage

Does it bother you that we made no addition this summer?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Does it bother you that we made no addition this summer? 

Post#21 » by FNQ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:A year ago I was concerned, and very few others were, that we were tied to a finite team for the next few years.

Then we win a championship. NOW people are concerned? :crazy:

We went 16-5 in the playoffs.. continuity is a good thing at that point. But people gotta worry about something I guess.. last year our additions were Livingston and a minimum player in Barbaro. We've lost 0 consistent rotational players.. we have a 10m expiring should we want to add anyone, but really, we don't have any rotation spots open. We're 2 deep at every position and still retain a lot of versatility. What did people think was gonna happen?

I'm guessing that "Barbaro" is an auto correct error on your PC? An old flame most likely. :wink:

yes, its a horse that I bet on from 2003-07; stay out of my personal life :curse:
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#22 » by GS Warriors 1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 pm

I didn't expect any moves concerning the rotation, only question about that was Barbosa coming back or not and he's back. We all knew Lee was going to be dumped, McAdoo and Looney will split minutes at the end of the bench with the possibility of those guys playing a bit more than David did. It'd be nice to get another shooter in but really, it would have to be a minimum minutes type because there simply isn't much room.
Bandito
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#23 » by Bandito » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Resign Draymond, check. Pick up Speights option, check. Retain Barbosa, check. Unload Lee, check. Draft a good player at #30, check.

As others have said, continuity is growth for this young unit. As dominant as they were this past season, I think there is still room for improvement. Love the current roster, and I like this teams chances against any team in the NBA still.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#24 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 am

Season hasn't started. We can evaluate where we are relative to the rest of the conference and what adjustments are needed at deadline. We know we have championship chemistry and a young roster with natural improvement. The only loss was the talented man Lee who was our 10th man.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#25 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:02 am

We added a lotto pick with the last pick in the first round!
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#26 » by HiRez » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:32 am

The Spurs will be tough, obviously. But, Mavs and Blazers got notably worse while LAC picked up Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson, which is subtraction by addition IMO. I'm also not convinced a Cavs team with a healthy Irving and Love would dominate the Dubs.

Meanwhile while we made no significant additions, we didn't really lose anyone either. Big question for us will be Bogut's heath of course. But Ezeli should play more next year and looks pretty good while McAdoo might be able to contribute a bit. Other young guys on the team (Barnes, Klay, Green, maybe even Curry) should still be showing slow improvement.

I might not put the Dubs as clear odds-on favorites, but they are right there in the mix with the other top teams.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#27 » by michaelm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:16 pm

W's kept Barbosa. He can say "we gonna be championship" again, or at least him staying suggests he thinks the prospects of him being able to say it again are good.

They aren't done yet either. I don't think Wallace will offer as much as Lee, but I wouldn't put it past the front office to have further plans.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#28 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:55 pm

I think that Wallace is the offseason wildcard for us. If he can somehow regain some of what he used to have (and nothing better than to revitalize someone is going to a winner with a strong coaching staff) than what we have going here in Golden State these days (also, not having expectations too high) then he may fit better than Lee and could be a real plus for us if he is once again motivated.

Even if not (he turns out to be a complete dud) he's at least save the FO some money and we would still have until the trade deadline when things should open up again to make a move or two if it seems necessary which could make us stronger the second half I believe our FO has played it pretty smart this offseason.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#29 » by kaiballz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:08 am

nope. we're the champions.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:00 pm

I expect improvement....but not necessarily a better record. Several young guys have room to grow as players.

We still may make an under the radar move for a shooter. But even if we don't do something going into next season, we could make a midseason move using Wallace potentially.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#31 » by JimmyTD3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:05 pm

We just won the championship and are retaining every single one of our top 9 players.

No, it doesn't bother me.
JoeBarryCaroll
Junior
And1: 319

Post#32 » by JoeBarryCaroll » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 am

I'm going to just enjoy the championship for now but I am concerned about the Spurs in the West and the Heat in the East.

The Spurs are going to be tough and have a whole nother dimension now. I think we can and will take them though since we have just too many weapons, spacing, great coaching, another year of CHAMPIONSHIP experience and you name it.

I think the finals will be a lot tougher next year and I am going against the grain and chosing the Miami Heat to be our opponents next year. With their draft and the addition of STAT added to the return of CB that team is going to be tough.

I think the Heat and my Michigan Wolverines football team are going to be the getting lots of talk next year. Both are going to be huge turnarounds and I think the Heat may make the finals next year (losing to us) and my Wolverines are going to win the Big Ten and make major waves in the CFP and National Championship.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#33 » by Plossum » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 am

No, we did the right thing. We still have young guys like Barnes, Festus, Dray and even Klay that have more growth in their games.

We just came off one of the most dominant NBA seasons in a while. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
#LockUpChuck
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#34 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:40 pm

I didn't think it was possible that we were going to keep Speights and Barbosa, so I'm happy they both will be back. I also thought the front office was going to sign someone they could stash overseas and Looney fell into their laps.

I'm thrilled that our rotation will be be back. It can't hurt to have the same guys playing together another season with the same Kerr offensive system. I expect continued growth from virtually everyone and that includes Barbosa defensively.

I don't think the Warriors had many options to add players to an already jammed roster. West would have been nice off the bench, but he picked the Spurs and he would have been fighting for minutes here, which is why he picked the Spurs.

Such awesome chemistry with this group last season and it will continue on this season. A very young team that vaulted to the top of the NBA unexpectedly will be better just because of the experience.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#35 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I didn't think it was possible that we were going to keep Speights and Barbosa, so I'm happy they both will be back. I also thought the front office was going to sign someone they could stash overseas and Looney fell into their laps.

I'm thrilled that our rotation will be be back. It can't hurt to have the same guys playing together another season with the same Kerr offensive system. I expect continued growth from virtually everyone and that includes Barbosa defensively.

I don't think the Warriors had many options to add players to an already jammed roster. West would have been nice off the bench, but he picked the Spurs and he would have been fighting for minutes here, which is why he picked the Spurs.

Such awesome chemistry with this group last season and it will continue on this season. A very young team that vaulted to the top of the NBA unexpectedly will be better just because of the experience.

I definitely agree with the bold statement. Players didn't see the Warriors as a destination for them because our roster is already in place and playing time would be limited. Tough to get into a rotation that just won an NBA championship, unless you are significantly better than one of our guys. If there was such a player it would mean paying him more money though so keeping our current rotation at the price we did is fine by me.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:20 pm

I heard Barnes say in an interview that they were just scratching the surface of what Kerr would like to do on offense. Saying that another year together should really have the players "getting it"
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#37 » by watch1958 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:58 pm

They could use someone to compete with Barbosa, and someone to push MacA. They can do that in camp, can't always get guys like that early.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Onyros
Starter
And1: 10

Post#38 » by Onyros » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:10 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:A year ago I was concerned, and very few others were, that we were tied to a finite team for the next few years.

Then we win a championship. NOW people are concerned? :crazy:

We went 16-5 in the playoffs.. continuity is a good thing at that point. But people gotta worry about something I guess.. last year our additions were Livingston and a minimum player in Barbaro. We've lost 0 consistent rotational players.. we have a 10m expiring should we want to add anyone, but really, we don't have any rotation spots open. We're 2 deep at every position and still retain a lot of versatility. What did people think was gonna happen?

I'm guessing that "Barbaro" is an auto correct error on your PC? An old flame most likely. :wink:

yes, its a horse that I bet on from 2003-07; stay out of my personal life :curse:

FYI, Bárbaro in (Brazilian) Portuguese is slang for "Really cool". So, yeah... We be Shamionship!
DUMP JACKSON! (formerly DUMP DAMP --> DUMP HARRINGTON --> DUMP CRAWFORD --> DUMP JACKO --> DUMP MAGGETTE. Don't wanna break my mojo)
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Does it bother you that we made no addition this summer? 

Post#39 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm

JoeBarryCaroll wrote:I'm going to just enjoy the championship for now but I am concerned about the Spurs in the West and the Heat in the East.

The Spurs are going to be tough and have a whole nother dimension now. I think we can and will take them though since we have just too many weapons, spacing, great coaching, another year of CHAMPIONSHIP experience and you name it.

I think the finals will be a lot tougher next year and I am going against the grain and chosing the Miami Heat to be our opponents next year. With their draft and the addition of STAT added to the return of CB that team is going to be tough.

I think the Heat and my Michigan Wolverines football team are going to be the getting lots of talk next year. Both are going to be huge turnarounds and I think the Heat may make the finals next year (losing to us) and my Wolverines are going to win the Big Ten and make major waves in the CFP and National Championship.

I applaud the choice of the Heat... They have a chance to be really good (at least their starters) if they can wean health out of Wade's knees, though I find that unlikely. Even if it's not them, I'd love anybody other than Cleveland to come out of the East.... Not because I'm afraid of them, but because of the ridiculous payroll and way they've constructed that team.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#40 » by gswhoops » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 pm

It doesn't bother me, because (like many others have pointed out) we're bringing back every player that played important minutes (except maybe Lee) from a team that won 67 games and the Finals, and I'm not sure if there's anything else we realistically could have done that would have been better then running it back with basically the same squad. If Wallace has anything left in the tank he could be more useful than Lee and Looney was a great pick at #30, although he's a big long shot to contribute anything this year.

I don't like seeing our West rivals like San Antonio, Houston, and LAC get better, but we can't do anything about that.

Return to Golden State Warriors