ImageImageImageImageImage

Anthony Randolph..."Baby Jesus"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 am

Seriously....lol......Seriously.....did you know, he's still only 26 years old?

He's playing in the Pan Am games with a rag tag bunch of old and young talent.

I'd think about a vet minimum deal for him. He has tools. We have good coaching...let's think about it.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Re: Anthony Randolph..."Baby Jesus" 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:20 am

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#3 » by HiRez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 am

After his brain transplant is done, I'm all for this!
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,654

Post#4 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:26 am

Is that King Tolly about to explode for a thunderous put back dunk?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:27 am

and Lol, look at the score. Randolph, always a net negative.
jucje32
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#6 » by jucje32 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 am

I think Randolph would thrive in the structure of the Warriors offense. Think Mo Speights but won't actually blow a breakaway dunk unguarded.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:54 am

jucje32 wrote:I think Randolph would thrive in the structure of the Warriors offense. Think Mo Speights but won't actually blow a breakaway dunk unguarded.

Randolph and structure in the same sentence, good one.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:58 am

Coxy wrote:Is that King Tolly about to explode for a thunderous put back dunk?

Did you see the roster lol......that's Damien Wilkens, not your loverboy lol...so much for being king of the Tolly fan club.

And I guess Randolph had 16 points and 6 rebounds but not saying much.

What surprises me is that he's only 26 years old. He played for drunk old Nellie and spiteful old Karl in Denver. Maybe our Zen type of coaching staff and ball movement style would do him well. Who knows....slow day.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Is that King Tolly about to explode for a thunderous put back dunk?

Did you see the roster lol......that's Damien Wilkens, not your loverboy lol...so much for being king of the Tolly fan club.

And I guess Randolph had 16 points and 6 rebounds but not saying much.

What surprises me is that he's only 26 years old. He played for drunk old Nellie and spiteful old Karl in Denver. Maybe our Zen type of coaching staff and ball movement style would do him well. Who knows....slow day.

President, Mylie, President of the King Tolly fan club.

I would like for us to sign him actually. It would add a brilliant level to us supporting the team over the course of next season. If anything at all goes wrong, we have our immediate scapegoat. On the court, his length could be good as a small ball C for short stretches.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#10 » by Quazza » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 am

Coxy wrote:and Lol, look at the score. Randolph, always a net negative.

:lol:

to be fair, Venezuela is a basketball powerhouse .....
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
jucje32
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#11 » by jucje32 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Coxy wrote:
jucje32 wrote:I think Randolph would thrive in the structure of the Warriors offense. Think Mo Speights but won't actually blow a breakaway dunk unguarded.

When has Randolph ever had structure? From LSU to GSW to the Knicks to the Nuggets.

Low-IQ, immature players need MORE structure, not less. Like I said, look at Mo Speights.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:57 pm

jucje32 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

When has Randolph ever had structure? From LSU to GSW to the Knicks to the Nuggets.

Low-IQ, immature players need MORE structure, not less. Like I said, look at Mo Speights.

George Karl had structure, and for a small amount of time Randolph got playing time, albeit not a whole lot. But you are either a Karl guy or you aren't....there's a lot of Nellie in Karl....old school or die.

I think Kerr and Adams are perfect for a guy like Randolph. They are the modern version of what coaches should be these days. The ability to handle each player differently. Kerr is hard and vocal with Draymond, but with others, he is soft spoken and less demonstrative. Adams is like a favorite teacher. I also like what I've heard about Luke Walton and his ability to get on the same level as the players.

Nelson had no system other than taking advantage of mismatches and pushing pace. Playing passing lanes rather than defense. Pawning off coaching duties to his underlings. With the style of play and coaching we have now, it benefits fringe guys who lack structure, but are by all accounts decent guys.

I think Randolph is married now, and he's maturing. He still seems to have his physical skills. So as a bench filler guy at a cheap price, and the fact that he needs a chance to make a mark, it could be a good fit.
Khoee wrote “
DAX17
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#13 » by DAX17 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Might as well bring back Zarko Cabarkapa. At least he's got 3pt range lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#14 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I'd take him over Speights any day. He's more athletic and talented than any of the bigs we have now.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#15 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Speights has a much higher basketball IQ than Randolph...and that is scary.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 pm

there's no denying Randolph's skill set. He is a decent passer...or he was anyway. But the brain is usually the thing that gets my player evaluations wrong. I wish I had a better technique of understanding a dudes brain, by watching him play...lol
Khoee wrote “
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#17 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm with Mylie on this one..... wouldn't mind bringing him back, I think our coaching staff is somewhat uniquely able to work with a guy like Randolph. And having played in Russia for a year or two, I suspect Randolph had to mature a lot by being in such a different environment. I was stunned to see his name on the Pan Am roster, I presume that means he's actually showed well in Russia.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#18 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 pm

I remember watching some Knick practices after we had traded him and I couldn't understand, why he continued to run drills with the guards. D'Antoni just allowed him to do it. I saw no instruction to guys on where they needed to be, but it was clear, you had inside guys and outside guys. During scrimmages he was bombing away from the outside and hitting nothing. Turning the ball over trying to dribble through traffic and making bad passes, the normal stuff we saw when he wasn't under Nellie's control.

Drunken Nellie forcing him to play center, was the best basketball he played.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#19 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 pm

I think the team has room for a knucklehead off the court, but not for a knucklehead on the court. Too smart of a team, with tough things to learn on both ends of the court for a dumb-ass.

I wouldn't mind given him a chance, but this isn't the Warriors of old, that could gamble on a guy in hope he can get it. He is young, but I would have to watch some Pan Am games to see if he truly has gotten it.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#20 » by Money_ » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Oh.. hell no.
Not unless he's done some kind of miraculous turn around and suddenly has a basketball IQ.

With all the undrafted talent in the States and internationally, I have to think that Myers and Co. are more willing to take on a project that may pan out, rather than a retread who has just been a knucklehead his whole career.

I like the kid, and would like to see him do well. Just do it some place else....

Return to Golden State Warriors