ImageImageImageImageImage

Under Armour Curry 2 Team USA colorway

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Under Armour Curry 2 Team USA colorway 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Anyone like em? Under Armour is still a baby in the basketball sneaker world, but the fact that Steph Curry is the face of their basketball division I think that's huge. Wasn't an initial fan of the Curry One design, but it definitely grew on me. They're comfortable which is what matters most. I don't hoop much anymore, but going to try to grab a pair of the Curry 2's when they drop this year!

Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Re: Under Armour Curry 2 Team USA colorway 

Post#2 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:27 am

They're dope. I'd definitely cop a pair if they weren't so damn expensive.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:50 am

$120 is expensive? That's practically free in the sneaker community where the best retro J's cost $210, other retro J's cost $180 and LeBron vary from $170-$200.

I want to like these shoes, I do. But where would you wear these outside of the basketball court? Wearing these casually or while you're lifting weights always makes it look like you're waiting for the next game of 21 to start.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#4 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:21 am

and1GS wrote:$120 is expensive? That's practically free in the sneaker community where the best retro J's cost $210, other retro J's cost $180 and LeBron vary from $170-$200.

I want to like these shoes, I do. But where would you wear these outside of the basketball court? Wearing these casually or while you're lifting weights always makes it look like you're waiting for the next game of 21 to start.

I haven't spent over $100 on basketball sneakers in over 6-7 years, and that's only because I wear them out really quick. I use to squander money on shoes like it was nothing back in high school, but it's just not very economical for me now.

But sure, if you're comparing them to other leading sneaker brands (Lebron's/Jordans/Kobe's, etc) then I'd consider them a slight bargain.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#5 » by and1GS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:30 pm

The Regime wrote:
and1GS wrote:$120 is expensive? That's practically free in the sneaker community where the best retro J's cost $210, other retro J's cost $180 and LeBron vary from $170-$200.

I haven't spent over $100 on basketball sneakers in over 6-7 years, and that's only because I wear them out really quick. I use to squander money on shoes like it was nothing back in high school, but it's just not very economical for me now.

But sure, if you're comparing them to other leading sneaker brands (Lebron's/Jordans/Kobe's, etc) then I'd consider them a slight bargain.

Curious, what shoes are you buying that are at a $100 pricepoint? I think even my KDs were $120 and my Hyperdunks were around the same price when I got them years ago.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:48 pm

and1GS wrote:
The Regime wrote:

Curious, what shoes are you buying that are at a $100 pricepoint? I think even my KDs were $120 and my Hyperdunks were around the same price when I got them years ago.

I have a buddy who works at footlocker so he usually hooks me up. The last three pairs of basketball shoes that I've owned were Hyperdunks, all of which were right around $100 after his discount.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#7 » by 510TWSS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:04 pm

The only ones I'd want are the championship editions.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#8 » by WESCO » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:03 am

Best ball shoe since original huaraches for me
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#9 » by GSWBlooded93 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:50 am

The Regime wrote:

You could be like my brother and buy and sell his shoes lol, he has a huge collection, I have nothing...
and1GS
RealGM

Post#10 » by and1GS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:40 pm

The Regime wrote:
and1GS wrote:
The Regime wrote:

I have a buddy who works at footlocker so he usually hooks me up. The last three pairs of basketball shoes that I've owned were Hyperdunks, all of which were right around $100 after his discount.

Which brings me back to my point of $120 being practically free in the sneaker community. Obviously if you have an employee discount they'll be cheaper, but Steph's shoes are the absolute cheapest you will find anywhere at retail on release.

Don't mean to harp on you or anything - apologies if it sounds like that - but the major selling point of SC's in the sneaker community is that they're so cheap and come in a ton of colorways. I guess if you're not into shoes though then everything looks expensive, which is fair - because everything is expensive!

and1GS
RealGM

Post#11 » by and1GS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Now that we all agree these are can, who's getting these mother cluckers this weekend:

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2015/08/13/heres-what-the-air-jordan-7-marvin-the-martian-looks-like-on-feet/

I normally would, but I bought these literally 3-4 weeks ago and they're Jordan 7s as well:

If anybody is looking for size 11 J's - PM me playaaaaa. I'm starting to have too many to actually wear.

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#12 » by cdubbz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:09 pm

and1GS wrote:Now that we all agree these are can, who's getting these mother cluckers this weekend:

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2015/08/13/heres-what-the-air-jordan-7-marvin-the-martian-looks-like-on-feet/

I normally would, but I bought these literally 3-4 weeks ago and they're Jordan 7s as well:

If anybody is looking for size 11 J's - PM me playaaaaa. I'm starting to have too many to actually wear.

thinking about getting em.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#13 » by Quazza » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:41 am

cdubbz wrote:
and1GS wrote:Now that we all agree these are can, who's getting these mother cluckers this weekend:

thinking about getting em.

made famous via.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHI1yI1Ndk[/youtube]
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#14 » by Thugleavy34 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 pm

The Regime wrote:
and1GS wrote:
The Regime wrote:

So why not just use your discount and get the Currys at $100, then? It makes no sense to call the Currys expensive when they're the same price as the shoes you said you usually buy.
Thugleavy34
Analyst

Post#15 » by Thugleavy34 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm

and1GS wrote:Now that we all agree these are can...

They're not can at all. FOH
and1GS
RealGM

Post#16 » by and1GS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:

haha I don't mind them if I'm hooping, but they aren't versatile. Remind me a lot of the recent Kobe models. Great, flashy basketball shoes that look odd when you wear them off the court.

My favorite Currys are the Candy Reigns FWIW.

Thugleavy34
Analyst

Post#17 » by Thugleavy34 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:38 pm

and1GS wrote:
Thugleavy34 wrote:

haha I don't mind them if I'm hooping, but they aren't versatile. Remind me a lot of the recent Kobe models. Great, flashy basketball shoes that look odd when you wear them off the court.

So you think the Kobes are can, too? The Kobes are like the hottest basketball shoe out right now

It's a different era---people don't really wear modern basketball shoes for casual wear anymore. That's why most people rock throwback Jordans off the court. The days when basketball shoes were versatile are long gone.
Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#18 » by Northx57 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 am

Other than J's and maybe a handful of others like foams, basketball shoes have never been versatile. Honestly, I'd feel like a fool wearing any basketball shoe casually other than certain J's like the 1s, 3s, 4s, etc., but that's just me.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#19 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:06 am

Nice

Need some new ones
and1GS
RealGM

Post#20 » by and1GS » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:
and1GS wrote:
Thugleavy34 wrote:

So you think the Kobes are can, too? The Kobes are like the hottest basketball shoe out right now

It's a different era---people don't really wear modern basketball shoes for casual wear anymore. That's why most people rock throwback Jordans off the court. The days when basketball shoes were versatile are long gone.

I think the high top Kobes are cool...for basketball. I've got the same view of KDs. 100% agree with you that it's a different era. It's funny because I'm harping on versatility and most Jordans are rough to ball in, ha, great casual shoes though. I remember when I had my and 1's back in the day and the Reebok ATR collection, I'd wear them everywhere.

I will say that I'd probably rock the Kobe masterpieces off the court, but I'm a sucker for flashier high tops. What kicks are you into man?

Return to Golden State Warriors