ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Warriors Board Community Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Re: OT: Warriors Board Community Thread 

Post#121 » by BROWN » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 am

Mylie10 wrote:I have an update on my youngest who was in the hospital with a lacerated spleen and bruised kidneys. He's at home now and has been for about a week. He lost 12 pounds of weight he couldn't afford to lose, but being young he should be able to get it back in time. He's recovering well and is dying to get back to normal.

His team went to the State Championship, but lost to a really good Southern California team, 28-14, that has 17 kids slotted to go to D-1 schools between their juniors and seniors.

Here's a video of his freshman team that went 10-0 and destroyed everyone in their path. Sorry if this bugs some.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEd5ZVFRb8[/youtube]

Good to hear about your son, team looks nasty! QB has a great arm for a young one!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#122 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:41 am

BROWN wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I have an update on my youngest who was in the hospital with a lacerated spleen and bruised kidneys. He's at home now and has been for about a week. He lost 12 pounds of weight he couldn't afford to lose, but being young he should be able to get it back in time. He's recovering well and is dying to get back to normal.

His team went to the State Championship, but lost to a really good Southern California team, 28-14, that has 17 kids slotted to go to D-1 schools between their juniors and seniors.

Here's a video of his freshman team that went 10-0 and destroyed everyone in their path. Sorry if this bugs some.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEd5ZVFRb8[/youtube]

Good to hear about your son, team looks nasty! QB has a great arm for a young one!

Most of the time the game was over early so All the kids on the team got to play all year. Even 3rd and 4th string. Was fun for all.

The kid who played quarter back when they ran spread is also a pitcher. But he has had some good training. He's a bit small though and doesn't run well. But yeah he can really throw it.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#123 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:59 am

and1GS wrote:Just saw Star Wars...thought it was a letdown. Not horrible, just not as good as I hoped. Clearly just setting up for the second movie whereas the first Star Wars could've stood on its own as a great film.

I liked a lot of things they did in it, and there were some things that I thought they could have done a little better. But that's what happens with these movies, they will be scrutinized by us, because we can.

I thought the choice of actor for the Kylo Ren role was perfect. If grows into a serious badass in the next movie he will pull it off, unlike Hayden Christiansen's whiny spoilt brat showing when turning into Vadar.

Sort of felt sorry for Carrie Fisher as well. Her performance was fairly energyless.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#124 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:21 am

Agree with everything you said here.

I'm older and a bit nostalgic. This one reminds me of the first one both in story and recurring characters. While Andy is right about the set up for more....I kind of felt before seeing this, that it was to be expected. And I'm hopeful they keep it going for more than just the next one. I just want the story to be strong. So far so good.

I'm left with questions, like.....whoops....almost let some stuff spill. Glad I caught myself because I'd be pissed if someone spilled any beans for me.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#125 » by and1GS » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:50 am

I agree about Lea. Felt like she was sleepwalking and Harrison Ford fell flat in the fight scenes for me, just cause he really looked like a 70 year old man doing hand-to-hand combat...which obviously makes sense, I just doubt a 70 year old hunched over man can kill 50+ stormtroopers and escape 3+ times flying a massive ship in one film. It made sense when he was young Han Solo, but not now. I really cannot imagine Luke will give any better of a performance than Lea, and he needs to absolutely murder it in the next film for most of the plot to hit home.

MAJOR SPOILERS: http://io9.gizmodo.com/33-questions-we-desperately-want-answered-after-star-wa-1748953034

That pretty much outlines all the Q's I had. Just seems like there is SO MUCH that needs to be answered. I can make an educated guess about a lot of stuff such as...

Spoiler:
I bet Rey is Kylo Rens sister and they were separated because they feared for her life...pretty much the same thing that happened to Luke. Or she's Luke's daughter and was sent away for the same exact reasons...and that's why the force is so crazy strong with her.

But there are just so many loose ends to tie up. I have faith, but this was basically a 2 hour set-up which bugged me.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Coxy
RealGM

Post#126 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:16 am

Also, I absolutely LOVED the Finn storyline in this episode. Really unexpected plot line that I hadn't really thought about, and brought a real human emotional side to it all that had been missing a little since the original 3. He was the star actor in this for mine and I hope his character develops into something special over the next episode or 2.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#127 » by and1GS » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm out of the fantasy football playoffs because megatron and aj green took a **** while my opponent had Woodhead...30 yards and 4 TDs. **** I hate fantasy man haha

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#128 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:16 pm

I thought Star Wars was great, I really liked the two main characters.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#129 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Andy's just a hater lol

I think he's a closet Star Trek guy, and those guys are never satisfied with Star Wars geeks. JK
Khoee wrote “
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#130 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48 pm

and1GS wrote:I'm out of the fantasy football playoffs because megatron and aj green took a **** while my opponent had Woodhead...30 yards and 4 TDs. **** I hate fantasy man haha

Same here man. Probably going to get 3rd in 2/4 of my leagues, the other two were a disaster. Just a rough all around year in fantasy. Atleast my fantasy basketball squad is looking good.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#131 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:04 pm

and1GS wrote:I agree about Lea. Felt like she was sleepwalking and Harrison Ford fell flat in the fight scenes for me, just cause he really looked like a 70 year old man doing hand-to-hand combat...which obviously makes sense, I just doubt a 70 year old hunched over man can kill 50+ stormtroopers and escape 3+ times flying a massive ship in one film. It made sense when he was young Han Solo, but not now. I really cannot imagine Luke will give any better of a performance than Lea, and he needs to absolutely murder it in the next film for most of the plot to hit home.

MAJOR SPOILERS: http://io9.gizmodo.com/33-questions-we-desperately-want-answered-after-star-wa-1748953034

That pretty much outlines all the Q's I had. Just seems like there is SO MUCH that needs to be answered. I can make an educated guess about a lot of stuff such as...

Spoiler:
I bet Rey is Kylo Rens sister and they were separated because they feared for her life...pretty much the same thing that happened to Luke. Or she's Luke's daughter and was sent away for the same exact reasons...and that's why the force is so crazy strong with her.

But there are just so many loose ends to tie up. I have faith, but this was basically a 2 hour set-up which bugged me.

Thanks for posting that stuff.

Spoiler:
I think that Rey is Luke's daughter. I believe Luke put her on Jakar for safe keeping. I also think that Yoda is connected with the old lady who has been running that bar. I think that possibly Yoda and her are related in some way. I believe that Yoda gave her Lukes saber for safe keeping. Yoda said in "The Empire Strike's Back" that he's been training Jehdi for 800 years. They said in this one that the old lady in the bar had been running that bar for 1000 years. To me that is significant, along with the body styles.

Is Snoke from a planet of incredibly large beings. Or is the hologram just making him appear large?

My final question is, if Luke is Rey's daughter, then who is her mother?
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#132 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that Rey is Luke's daughter. I believe Luke put her on Jakar for safe keeping. I also think that Yoda is connected with the old lady who has been running that bar. I think that possibly Yoda and her are related in some way. I believe that Yoda gave her Lukes saber for safe keeping. Yoda said in "The Empire Strike's Back" that he's been training Jehdi for 800 years. They said in this one that the old lady in the bar had been running that bar for 1000 years. To me that is significant, along with the body styles.

Is Snoke from a planet of incredibly large beings. Or is the hologram just making him appear large?

My final question is, if Luke is Rey's daughter, then who is her mother?

Spoiler:
That's a theory that would crack me up. Little old orange chicky from the bar is Yoda's long time lover!
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#133 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Spoiler:
The orange chick in the bar is Chewbacca's side piece
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
and1GS
RealGM

Post#134 » by and1GS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:14 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He gave her a reverse hairless wookie and its been awkward ever since...

Coxy
RealGM

Post#135 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:55 am

and1GS wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He gave her a reverse hairless wookie and its been awkward ever since...

Spoiler:
Chewie is a known sex pest. Image
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#136 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:58 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lmao
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#137 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:00 am

Spoiler:
I heard Chewie's hung like a bear....And is embarrassed about it.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#138 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 am

Don't bait me people. I'll send this conversation so far south we'll be posting from the depths of hades bedroom.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#139 » by and1GS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Spoiler:
I heard Chewie's hung like a bear....And is embarrassed about it.

Spoiler:
Legend has it he laid waste to the entire planet of endor due to his tremendous girth...

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#140 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:18 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkXZjpTV9jo[/youtube]

This kinda got me in the Christmas spirit.

Return to Golden State Warriors