bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Thunder @ Warriors Game thread 

Post#61 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:13 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
turk3d wrote:So do Il. Particularly enjoy beating Harden, lol. At least there's someone out there who looks like they can compete with us (although I'll be happy to continue to take all those lopsided wins).

I'm sure its a lot more fun lol.

Hey Bondom,

How do you feel about Roberson? Because I felt like it benefited the Warriors by him not playing.

I also feel like the Warriors were negatively affected by not having Ezeli.

He's incredibly important, it definitely was a spot OKC could have used help. I figured it was probably offset by Ezeli's absence, Roberson would have helped defend the perimeter, Ezeli would have helped on Kanter.

I've said it elsewhere but Roberson's honestly become one of my favorite players, just because he does what's asked of him and gets zero credit for it, half the fan base thinks he's some D leaguer and want Waiters to start, but the lineups are so much better with him. Also FYI, there's a new 5 man lineup RAPM out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RccmHSCLVVy_97MTs7nQYemim3tCmZ8_NEX17NXBuKs/edit#gid=0

GSW with the top 2, OKC's starters are 4th and the drop from Roberson to Waiters is pretty noticeable. Wish he had a 3 point shot, but he's working on it (dude played PF in college).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#62 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:19 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'm sure its a lot more fun lol.

Hey Bondom,

How do you feel about Roberson? Because I felt like it benefited the Warriors by him not playing.

He's incredibly important, it definitely was a spot OKC could have used help. I figured it was probably offset by Ezeli's absence, Roberson would have helped defend the perimeter, Ezeli would have helped on Kanter.

I've said it elsewhere but Roberson's honestly become one of my favorite players, just because he does what's asked of him and gets zero credit for it, half the fan base thinks he's some D leaguer and want Waiters to start, but the lineups are so much better with him. Also FYI, there's a new 5 man lineup RAPM out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RccmHSCLVVy_97MTs7nQYemim3tCmZ8_NEX17NXBuKs/edit#gid=0

GSW with the top 2, OKC's starters are 4th and the drop from Roberson to Waiters is pretty noticeable. Wish he had a 3 point shot, but he's working on it (dude played PF in college).

I really like Roberson and I get why some fans would say what you wrote, but they don't understand the dirty work aspect of basketball and those fans often just look at your normal statistics.

to me Roberson is the dirty work guy every good team needs. Look at all the good teams throughout history and there is always, the Kurt Rambis, Andre Iguodala, Haslem, types. I used to really worry when we played you guys and Nick Collison would get minutes. He used to kill us with hustle and always seeming to make the right play.

Some of the kids around the league who I like along with Roberson are guys like Justice Winslow, Will Barton, Dwight Powell, and a few others. Guys that when they are in the game, things seem to shift to a net positive no matter if they score or not.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#63 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:24 pm

Can Collison no longer play? Why isn't he in the rotation? He is pretty old now, but dude has always played under the basket, so he should have some gas left.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:24 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Hey Bondom,

I really like Roberson and I get why some fans would say what you wrote, but they don't understand the dirty work aspect of basketball and those fans often just look at your normal statistics.

to me Roberson is the dirty work guy every good team needs. Look at all the good teams throughout history and there is always, the Kurt Rambis, Andre Iguodala, Haslem, types. I used to really worry when we played you guys and Nick Collison would get minutes. He used to kill us with hustle and always seeming to make the right play.

Some of the kids around the league who I like along with Roberson are guys like Justice Winslow, Will Barton, Dwight Powell, and a few others. Guys that when they are in the game, things seem to shift to a net positive no matter if they score or not.

I really like Barton and Winslow too (was hoping he'd fall to OKC but glad they got Payne). I haven't seen a ton of Powell yet but have heard good things. Those are the guys I really started to like, whoever does the work that ultimately isn't showing up all the time in box scores. Jimmy Butler is another guy who always worked his tail off to get there (though at an NBA level most of these players do).

Green is another guy (though naturally I can't stand him, I know I'd love him if he were on my own team). :lol:
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:34 pm

Yeah I was on Green big time in the draft and I was pissed when the Warriors took Ezeli with Draymond on the board. Luckily he was still there when we picked in the second round.

I feel the same about Jimmy Butler and am blown away at how good he's become offensively.
Khoee wrote “
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:57 pm

I remember thinking he was similar in caliber to Reggie Jackson 2 years ago, RJ improved but man Butler blew by him.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#67 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:11 am

I thought I recognized some Steve Nash like play from Curry in this game. He had some beautiful Nash like passes and set ups when the team needed scores. It was cool.

I'd like to see a bit more creation from Curry at times. Don't get me wrong, I want him to keep shooting, but there are times when he can be an electric point guard.
Khoee wrote “
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#68 » by Franc » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:32 am

Congratulation Dubs!
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.

Return to Golden State Warriors