Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Horrorscope
Sophomore
And1: 15

Re: Barkley again 

Post#41 » by Horrorscope » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Horrorscope wrote:
a8bil wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:To say Barkley "had his chances" is ludicrous...he was always on teams that had some significant flaw -- aged, injured, no depth, yet Barkley consistently led his teams deep into the playoffs.

I can't think of it any other way then he did in fact have his chances and with PHX to. He was a super great player and better than Green, but as said he's the clown on set, fair enough.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#42 » by jamesnamida » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:06 am

love it, it will make it more fun when he has to get on his knees to congratulate the warriors. it would be boring if every analyst kisses the dubs behinds.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#43 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:05 am

Maybe this is why Barkley has it in for the Warriors:

http://youtu.be/IHrygsvvQ48
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#44 » by old rem » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Money_ wrote:LOL... this turrible knucklehead again?

Well, we played one game exactly the way Charles says we play all the time.... So of course we're going to hear from him.

Cut down on the sloppy home run plays, turnovers and play defense and the Warriors will be in any game and in any series.
It they are healthy and have all the slop shored up, I pity any team except maybe the Spurs in a seven game series.

Sorry Charlie. It is what it IS. You do your thing.....GSW does their thing. it's what it is. Aside from Spurs.... who SCARES the warriors? Spurs were under 20 games lost....NOBODY else. GSW was less than 10 lost. So....some wannabe that lost 30-40 + ?

FAT CHANCE. :wavefinger:
CENSORED... No comment.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#45 » by Frozzy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:57 pm

wco81 wrote:Maybe this is why Barkley has it in for the Warriors:

Love Tim but Barkley straight up manhandled those defenseless Warriors
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#46 » by Quazza » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:01 am

Frozzy wrote:
wco81 wrote:Maybe this is why Barkley has it in for the Warriors:

Love Tim but Barkley straight up manhandled those defenseless Warriors

Always destroyed us. Will never forget him dunking all over Mark Curry in Hangin With Mr Cooper
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
old rem
RealGM

Post#47 » by old rem » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:14 pm

CP300 lbs wrote:
Frozzy wrote:Barkley was a beast and likely understands the game more than most of us but behind the microphone he is the the equivalent of a forum troll. No need for Warriors fans to stress over what he has to say about our team.

I agree with him being a real life troll, but I'll disagree with him understanding today's game (he understood the game in his day though, if that's what you're referencing). The change in the illegal defense rule is something he can't fully grasp. He always talks about punishing someone "down low" and thinks you can bully someone on the block. In his day, he faced either a single defender or a hard double team so it was easier then. He doesn't understand about today's defenses and the help defender shading over.
Chuck and me could sit and drink beers for hours, never agree but still have fun at it. His ACT is "cranky old timer" and a witty guy with one liners. His job is "make me grin", OTHER guys are who's analytic, factual. Chuck can be WAY off. Chuck can be the guy who SEES what most folks miss.
CENSORED... No comment.
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#48 » by BaggageHandler » Sat May 14, 2016 9:21 am

I can't listen to Barkley anymore. His GSW hating is unbearable. He thinks Kawhi is better than Curry. Lol.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#49 » by East Bay Sports » Sat May 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Up until we won I was like lol you silly Chuck

At this point I'm convinced hating GS has become his gimmick, and he knows he can make headlines by speaking out against greatness.

Tired of hearing it at this point Chuck, all you are doing is losing what little credibility you have as an analyst. Stick to entertainment and not actual analysis.
wco81
RealGM

Post#50 » by wco81 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Greatness will come if they follow up the 73 win season with a championship.

Going to be a tougher road, with OKC and then probably Cavs.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#51 » by Warriorfan » Sat May 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Barkley was an amazing player playing his game at 6'4 ?? As an analyst he gets notice blasting the Warriors so it's a win for him.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#52 » by Mylie10 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:43 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Up until we won I was like lol you silly Chuck

At this point I'm convinced hating GS has become his gimmick, and he knows he can make headlines by speaking out against greatness.

Tired of hearing it at this point Chuck, all you are doing is losing what little credibility you have as an analyst. Stick to entertainment and not actual analysis.

Beyond all the bluster, Chucks point is that both Kawhi and LeBron play both sides of the ball. Calling them better defenders than Steph, even though he said Steph is the best offensive player in the world right now.

So while I could, maybe, disagree with him, it's definitely a debatable point.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#53 » by wco81 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:50 pm

He wasn't much of a defender himself.

Anyways, all the former NBA players think Curry and the Warriors are not great, while statistically-driven analyses indicate even last year's team was great by historic standards.

But of course Barkley and other former players don't think much about stats and analytics either.

They see a group of players who are unexceptional size-wise and have average athletic ability by NBA standards. So it's understandable that they'd be detractors.

Only way to silence them would be to win 3 or 4 more titles with this core, while averaging over 65 wins a season. No guarantees but that kind of accomplishment would be hard to ignore.
old rem
RealGM

Post#54 » by old rem » Sun May 15, 2016 2:46 am

wco81 wrote:He wasn't much of a defender himself.

Anyways, all the former NBA players think Curry and the Warriors are not great, while statistically-driven analyses indicate even last year's team was great by historic standards.

But of course Barkley and other former players don't think much about stats and analytics either.

They see a group of players who are unexceptional size-wise and have average athletic ability by NBA standards. So it's understandable that they'd be detractors.

Only way to silence them would be to win 3 or 4 more titles with this core, while averaging over 65 wins a season. No guarantees but that kind of accomplishment would be hard to ignore.
To REALLY be a DYNASTY.. you dominate several years. Meanwhile.. GSW racked up a LOT of records,benchmarks and....that movie ain't over yet.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Hopefully.. we need lot of fat ladies. If after raising hell we finish up with another championship... it will rank with ANY GREAT year. Then..... just keep up the pace. Make NEXT year super.. the year after that. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: This is a Golden opportunity.
CENSORED... No comment.
rallydurham
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#55 » by rallydurham » Sat May 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Jordan had a much better team around him than barkley. At his peak barkley was about as good as jordan. Laettner said on the '92 Olympic team charles might have been better

But yes barkley has a very limited understanding of This era and he would not have been an effective player In this era. His strength was that he could not be guarded 1 on 1 and he was great at passing and reposting. You can't do that stuff anymore. It's too difficult to even make entry passes to even bother with the post game

Return to Golden State Warriors