ImageImageImageImageImage

Who would be a nice Walton replacement?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Caterpillar
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Who would be a nice Walton replacement? 

Post#61 » by Caterpillar » Fri May 6, 2016 2:19 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I think you are referring to Nash.

Nash has turned down Sarver to coach the Suns. He isn't interested at this point in time in spending a lot of time away from his family.

Right, Nash - didn't Nash have a recent soccer injury, something like a torn leg muscle? I don't think he has been around the Warriors as much lately. Also it could be that family is a convenient excuse (in fact didn't he recently get divorced?) - he may not be wanting a full time coaching gig yet, but he definitely doesn't want one with the Suns.

I think Nash is single. He divorced his cheating wife in like 2013 or so. It was a big deal as they fought over child support for their 3 kids. One reason I heard he wasn't interested in being more involved with the Warriors, was spending time with his two older daughters. The Warriors have tried to get him to commit to more time, but they have been unsuccessful.

He is extremely active in the Vancouver soccer scene and soccer in general. He owns a team with Sarver and is a part owner of a team in Vancouver and has a stake in another team. I think that is where we will see Nash end up, devoting time to his first love.

I think Barbosa actually got Nash's wife pregnant when they were still married
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#62 » by East Bay Sports » Fri May 6, 2016 2:34 pm

^wtf lol. That's not a good look
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#63 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 6, 2016 2:55 pm

Caterpillar wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Right, Nash - didn't Nash have a recent soccer injury, something like a torn leg muscle? I don't think he has been around the Warriors as much lately. Also it could be that family is a convenient excuse (in fact didn't he recently get divorced?) - he may not be wanting a full time coaching gig yet, but he definitely doesn't want one with the Suns.

I think Nash is single. He divorced his cheating wife in like 2013 or so. It was a big deal as they fought over child support for their 3 kids. One reason I heard he wasn't interested in being more involved with the Warriors, was spending time with his two older daughters. The Warriors have tried to get him to commit to more time, but they have been unsuccessful.

He is extremely active in the Vancouver soccer scene and soccer in general. He owns a team with Sarver and is a part owner of a team in Vancouver and has a stake in another team. I think that is where we will see Nash end up, devoting time to his first love.

Nash thought Barbosa was screwing his wife and got him traded. Barbosa swears to this day that he was only friends with Nash's wife, because they were from neighboring countries, shared culture and language. Also, his wife was friends with her as well. Nash let Barbosa come back to the Suns, as Barbosa kept contact with Nash and I assume he convinced him they were only friends.

However, Jason Richardson admitted to others that he screwed Nash's wife and the reason he was traded away from the Suns. There is a rumor that the baby is JRich's, but it is Steve Nash's boy, who had a DNA test done on him.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#64 » by Mylie10 » Fri May 6, 2016 3:03 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:

Nash thought Barbosa was screwing his wife and got him traded. Barbosa swears to this day that he was only friends with Nash's wife, because they were from neighboring countries, shared culture and language. Also, his wife was friends with her as well. Nash let Barbosa come back to the Suns, as Barbosa kept contact with Nash and I assume he convinced him they were only friends.

However, Jason Richardson admitted to others that he screwed Nash's wife and the reason he was traded away from the Suns. There is a rumor that the baby is JRich's, but it is Steve Nash's boy, who had a DNA test done on him.

Great stuff Heart....really interesting.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#65 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 6, 2016 3:18 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:

Other than injuries, JRich felt he was sort of blackballed(like he did Nash's wife) for what he did to Nash. I am going to assume the person behind the JRich leaks is his former teammate at MSU, Charlie Bell. I don't know that for a fact, just a hunch.

Those feeling sorry for Nash need to realize he was screwing around on his wife too, just not his friends or teammates wives.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#66 » by Twinkie defense » Mon May 9, 2016 11:22 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I think you are referring to Nash.

Nash has turned down Sarver to coach the Suns. He isn't interested at this point in time in spending a lot of time away from his family.

Right, Nash - didn't Nash have a recent soccer injury, something like a torn leg muscle? I don't think he has been around the Warriors as much lately. Also it could be that family is a convenient excuse (in fact didn't he recently get divorced?) - he may not be wanting a full time coaching gig yet, but he definitely doesn't want one with the Suns.

Then he should bring his girls to Oakland and start an MLS franchise here!
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#67 » by Twinkie defense » Mon May 9, 2016 11:24 pm

Another possibility, Mike D'Antoni?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#68 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon May 9, 2016 11:35 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhulZeZUh0[/youtube]
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#69 » by Twinkie defense » Fri May 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Stephen Silas, hmm - Don Nelson protege!
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#70 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat May 21, 2016 9:55 am

Steph Silas, was considered to be a good assistant coach and had some interviews for head coaching gigs. I don't think he is a true Don Nelson protege, spending more time with his Dad.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#71 » by likashing » Sat May 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:

Nash's was alleged already dating his current girlfriend when his wife was 3-month pregnant with his son.

He tested the DNA of his son and it was indeed his son. He announced the divorce the day he was born. And he is now married to that girl who is 23 years younger.

It was not as simple as Nash was a victim of a cheating wife. What a mess.

His ex-wife was also chasing him to California because our child support law is more friendly to the parent with custody.

She moved the kids to California to follow him to the Lakers. Nash was paying no child support but he did pay $5m one shot in Arizona.

Nash was fighting on this in court when he was with the Fakers. I'm sure he wouldn't want to put root in California because of this.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#72 » by hamncheese » Sat May 21, 2016 5:29 pm

likashing wrote:Nash's was alleged already dating his current girlfriend when his wife was 3-month pregnant with his son.

He tested the DNA of his son and it was indeed his son. He announced the divorce the day he was born. And he is now married to that girl who is 23 years younger.

So that part about her being 23 years younger can't be right, can it? Nash's son was born in 2010, Nash is 42 years old now, so that would've made the girlfriend around 13 years old at that time.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#73 » by BaggageHandler » Sat May 21, 2016 5:57 pm

David Blatt
Pringles

J.B Dickerstaff

Whoever else
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#74 » by sjballer03 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:15 pm

BaggageHandler wrote:David Blatt
Pringles

J.B Dickerstaff

Whoever else

Pringles is on the short list for a few head coaching jobs, which is unbelievable, but true.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#75 » by East Bay Sports » Sat May 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Silas would be good
likashing
Head Coach

Post#76 » by likashing » Sat May 21, 2016 7:49 pm

hamncheese wrote:
likashing wrote:Nash's was alleged already dating his current girlfriend when his wife was 3-month pregnant with his son.

So that part about her being 23 years younger can't be right, can it? Nash's son was born in 2010, Nash is 42 years old now, so that would've made the girlfriend around 13 years old at that time.

Sorry typo. They were engaged when she was 24 which is recently. They have been together 5 years.

If you google it is very easy to find.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#77 » by BaggageHandler » Sun May 22, 2016 1:28 am

sjballer03 wrote:
Pringles

J.B Dickerstaff

Whoever else

Pringles is on the short list for a few head coaching jobs, which is unbelievable, but true.

Rockets already suck on defense i hope they'll hire him lmao
likashing
Head Coach

Post#78 » by likashing » Sun May 22, 2016 6:10 am

BaggageHandler wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
Pringles

J.B Dickerstaff

Whoever else

Rockets already suck on defense i hope they'll hire him lmao

Rockets are a joke. They announce Pringles and whoever were the co-finalists, and then announce they are interviewing the 50th candidate for the job.

I would laugh so hard when Pringles says he doesn't want that job anymore.

I don't get why they conduct their coach search this awkwardly.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#79 » by Frozzy » Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 am

Morey is looking the perfect puppet that will implement Moreyball into their offense but god I hope they hire Pringles :lol:
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Post#80 » by Pistol King » Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 am

Now more than ever, bring back David Blatt (if available) as a defensive coach.
This series exposes a lot of defensive problems in GSW's system.

Return to Golden State Warriors