Greatest Golden State Warriors of All Time 

Post#1 » by jason bourne » Mon May 2, 2016 2:25 pm

Here's my list:
PG: Stephen Curry, Tim Hardaway
SG: Mitch Richmond, Klay Thompson
C: Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond
SF: Chris Mullin, Rick Barry
PF: Draymond Green, Chris Webber

Honorable Mention: Monta Ellis, Robert Parish, Jason Richardson, Andre Iguodala, Sleepy Floyd, Jamaal Wilkes, Phil Smith, Manute Bol, Jim Barnett, Andrew Bogut

You can vote here, too, if you wish:
http://www.ranker.com/list/best-golden-state-warriors-of-all-time/ranker-nba
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Greatest Golden State Warriors of All Time 

Post#2 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 2, 2016 4:26 pm

Curry will become the Greatest Warrior of all time when he retires. Wilt gets my vote right now as the greatest.

My starting 5:
Curry
Thompson
Wilt
Barry
Green
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#3 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon May 2, 2016 4:39 pm

No love for Gerald Madkins

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#4 » by floppymoose » Mon May 2, 2016 4:47 pm

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by old rem » Mon May 2, 2016 4:51 pm

jason bourne wrote:Here's my list:
PG: Stephen Curry, Tim Hardaway
SG: Mitch Richmond, Klay Thompson
C: Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond
SF: Chris Mullin, Rick Barry
PF: Draymond Green, Chris Webber

Honorable Mention: Monta Ellis, Robert Parish, Jason Richardson, Andre Iguodala, Sleepy Floyd, Jamaal Wilkes, Phil Smith, Manute Bol, Jim Barnett, Andrew Bogut

You can vote here, too, if you wish:
http://www.ranker.com/list/best-golden-state-warriors-of-all-time/ranker-nba
You missed Bernard King. Barry... probably overall a tad above Mullin. Baron Davis,I think, earned Hon Mention.. probably so did Purvis Short who was here longer than Wilkes,Parrish,Webber. I LOVE Manute.....rather limited skill set but.. SO WHAT.....I want him on the list.
CENSORED... No comment.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#6 » by DLeagueAllStars » Mon May 2, 2016 5:53 pm

Rick has to be above chris, and if were talking career overall webber is above draymond, but draymond has time to beat him out... now just as times as warriors, then yes draymond

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#7 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon May 2, 2016 5:56 pm

C Chamberlain
F Thurmond
F Barry
G Thompson
G Curry
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#8 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon May 2, 2016 6:02 pm

cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Re: Re: Greatest Golden State Warriors of All Time 

Post#9 » by DLeagueAllStars » Mon May 2, 2016 6:38 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
DLeagueAllStars wrote:Rick has to be above chris, and if were talking career overall webber is above draymond, but draymond has time to beat him out... now just as times as warriors, then yes draymond

I think you have to look at what they did with the team. HOFer Nate Thurmond was here for 11 years and was a 7 time All-Star.

Here is a list of Warriors players sorted by win-share: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=GSW&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&shoot_hand=&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&birth_state=&college_id=&draft_year=&is_active=&debut_yr_nba_start=&debut_yr_nba_end=&debut_yr_aba_start=&debut_yr_aba_end=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&award=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=ws&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

With that in mind, how quickly does klays 5yrs pass mitch's 3?

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#10 » by DLeagueAllStars » Mon May 2, 2016 6:40 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:C Chamberlain
F Thurmond
F Barry
G Thompson
G Curry

And if i could play nate at PF then i like this team.

shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#11 » by shazam_guy » Mon May 2, 2016 7:52 pm

Mullin could easily be a two-guard, and I'd put him slightly above Klay at this point. But Klay still has upside. Wilt isn't really a Golden State Warrior except in the broadest possible way. I'd love to claim him, but he's a Philadelphia/Lakers guy. So my list would be (ignoring different eras)

Steph
Mully
Barry
Draymond
Thurmond
(with Bogut a surprisingly close second)

I don't think we saw enough of Webber, either. If he'd spent his entire career with GS, we'd have much more mixed feelings about him. We saw him at his physical peak.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Mon May 2, 2016 10:23 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Mullin could easily be a two-guard, and I'd put him slightly above Klay at this point. But Klay still has upside. Wilt isn't really a Golden State Warrior except in the broadest possible way. I'd love to claim him, but he's a Philadelphia/Lakers guy. So my list would be (ignoring different eras)

Steph
Mully
Barry
Draymond
Thurmond
(with Bogut a surprisingly close second)

I don't think we saw enough of Webber, either. If he'd spent his entire career with GS, we'd have much more mixed feelings about him. We saw him at his physical peak.
Hard to put Webber higher (or Parrish, Wilkes) when they were so short term. Nate was great but NO PF. Mullin.. did play some SG but lacked the quicks to D as a SG and so I don't count him as a SG. Wilt was a Warrior, even if some was in Philly. He's in any conversation for GOAT. You youngsters never saw just how amazing Wilt was.

An image I have is how Wilt could palm the ball like I'd palm a grapefruit. He could hold it WAY up there and with a flick of the wrist.. pass to a cutter. His LONG legs and strength let him take up a LOT of Space inside. He could roll one way with a big hook.. or the other way with a backhand finger roll. Wilt going for a rebound.....those huge hands ....he's gonna snatch it, and his long legs and nasty elbows mean you ain't snatching it away. If you saw a few highlights.....fine.... but that was REGULAR stuff.

One year......Wilt played EVERY MINUTE. EVERY DAMN MINUTE----including some OT. Never rests,never sat for fouls., never injured. EVERY MINUTE. That......NOBODY will ever match. I was probably in 8th grade when i saw Wilt LIVE. Me and Donnie snuck down to the "good seats" at the half. Front row on the baseline. Seeing Wilt from 6-8 ft away......OMG....seemed impossible to believe.
CENSORED... No comment.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#13 » by cladden » Mon May 2, 2016 10:33 pm

DLeagueAllStars wrote:Rick has to be above chris, and if were talking career overall webber is above draymond, but draymond has time to beat him out... now just as times as warriors, then yes draymond

Webber was here for one good rookie season (and I had totally forgotten, a couple of forgettable games in his last season). He was not an all-star that year and frankly if Draymond retired tomorrow he'd still have achieved a lot more than Webber as a Warriors. Whatever Webber did elsewhere is not pertinent.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#15 » by Phase 3 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:12 am

Curry is the greatest Warrior of all-time already...and Klay and Green belong in the top 5. I give a huge advantage in my rankings to those that played on title teams...No one from Run-TMC, other than maybe Mullin, belongs in the top 5 IMO. I'd fill out the remaining 2 spots with Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond probably. If anything, you might be able to convince me that Chris Mullin should be in my top 5 instead of Nate Thurmond...but that's a tough call and I could go either way on that one. Edit: I left Wilt off because he only played for the Warriors in the Bay Area for a couple of years. I only looked at the time the Warriors have been here in the Bay Area.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#16 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue May 3, 2016 3:30 am

cladden wrote:

Webber was here for one good rookie season (and I had totally forgotten, a couple of forgettable games in his last season). He was not an all-star that year and frankly if Draymond retired tomorrow he'd still have achieved a lot more than Webber as a Warriors. Whatever Webber did elsewhere is not pertinent.

Thats why this has to be clarified. Best players while they spent that part of their career as a warriors or just best players who have worn a warriors jersey

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#17 » by Twinkie defense » Tue May 3, 2016 3:53 am

Hmmm, how bout Tim Hardaway/Steph Curry/Chris Mullin/Chris Webber/Wilt Chamberlain

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#18 » by Twinkie defense » Tue May 3, 2016 3:56 am

Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond are a tough call - a little before my time - but it's hard to leave Mullin or Webber off, and of course no all-time Warriors team is complete without Wilt.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#19 » by a8bil » Tue May 3, 2016 4:31 am

Any list that does not include Barry is trash. He was on the level of Lebron, Jordan, Bryant, etc. Dominant in every facet of the game with an insatiable desire to win. Love Mully, and his shooting accuracy is HOF stuff, but Barry did it all. Had he not blown out his knee in 1968--when people rarely came back from knee injuries--he may have been one of the best ever. As it was he recovered enough to have a 14 year career, with 25/7/5 avgs. I think Barry's rep of being prickish hurts his legacy, but anyone who saw him play will remember how the Greyhound just dominated the competition.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#20 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 3, 2016 5:55 am

I'd go smallball lineup:

Steph
Sprewell
Klay
Mullin
Draymond

That **** would be cold blooded
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors