Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Re: Ezeli vs... Biedrins 

Post#41 » by sjballer03 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:03 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
rcfc1 wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Biedrins was awesome when he actually wanted to be. Good hands, good finisher, good passer, and a great rebounder. He would be an ideal center in todays game.

This is exactly what I was thinking. He was a devastating roll man and he provided good rim protection and super solid rebounding. I'd take Biedrins in his prime over Ezeli. However, Biedrins's also had the character strength of a piñata, hence the quote in my sig.

I have had this thought many times and debated this with a few friends. In a hypothetical situation where Biedrins stays healthy and doesn't have his psyche ruined by Don Nelson/free throw shooting, we would have had little need for Bogut. Biedrins would have been an incredible pick and roll partner for Steph. His passing out of the high post was starting to get quite decent in his short lived prime and Biedrins would have been the rare center that could keep up with the Warriors hyper-switching defense.

I realize Nellie was probably the worst type of coach to have for a young player, but I'm curious to know what exactly he did in the case of Biedrins.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Biedrins had a misdiagnosed injury. They thought it was a groin injury, but it was actually a hernia, I think and much more serious than first thought. Nellie thought Biedrins was using it as an excuse, and I believe began to question his tohgness.

Nellie was also incredibly tough on Biedrins, some legit, some not so legit.

Otherwise may have more info, but it wrecked the already fragile Andris.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#43 » by rcfc1 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:35 am

Mylie10 wrote:There's no way Festus will have a mental breakdown when it comes to the game like Biedrins did. Andy just gave up after a while. You thought Bogut passes up some looks inside in favor of passing, Biedrins was so scared of being fouled at the end.

It's really sad, because at one time Biedrins was a perfect fit with a four out lineup. If he never melted down, we'd probably still have him here getting double doubles. He just fell in love with the life style and lost any passion he had for the game.

To bad, because Biedrins would love playing for Kerr.

Mark Jackson made him brake down. You never know what hits a guy.
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#44 » by likashing » Sun May 22, 2016 6:00 am

rcfc1 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:There's no way Festus will have a mental breakdown when it comes to the game like Biedrins did. Andy just gave up after a while. You thought Bogut passes up some looks inside in favor of passing, Biedrins was so scared of being fouled at the end.

It's really sad, because at one time Biedrins was a perfect fit with a four out lineup. If he never melted down, we'd probably still have him here getting double doubles. He just fell in love with the life style and lost any passion he had for the game.

Mark Jackson made him brake down. You never know what hits a guy.

Somehow I considered Ezeli weak for crying because of it. I would have given Ezeli more toughness points if he confronted The Caterpillar directly in the locker room about it or even Sprewell'd him.

I mean, the dude said you hoped your team would lose behind your back, and your response was crying? Be a man and go in the locker room and tell him not to make up stuff and talk behind your back.

Or just a simple, "coach. Please don't make shyt up and talk behind my back. I want my team to win as much as anyone in this room. " Crying? This is not junior high.

Bogut never backed down from The Caterpillar's jabs even when he was still the coach. See who turns out to be the smarter dude now.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#45 » by East Bay Sports » Sun May 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Gross. We probably don't have a championship on the mantle if we had Beans on the roster instead of Bogut.
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#46 » by tasball » Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:

Gross. We probably don't have a championship on the mantle if we had Beans on the roster instead of Bogut.

Yes.

PLease don't put the name of a battle-hardened warrior like Bogut in with name of a soft-cock like Biedrins.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#47 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun May 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Biedrins had a misdiagnosed injury. They thought it was a groin injury, but it was actually a hernia, I think and much more serious than first thought. Nellie thought Biedrins was using it as an excuse, and I believe began to question his tohgness.

Nellie was also incredibly tough on Biedrins, some legit, some not so legit.

Otherwise may have more info, but it wrecked the already fragile Andris.

I once had a conversation with an ex-Warrior player who shall remain unnamed, but he relayed to me a few anecdotes regarding Biedrins and Nellie.

1. Nellie did, indeed, drink on game days and often coached a little drunk. This same player complained that Nellie put no effort into coaching defense.

2. When Biedrins was a rookie, our unnamed player sent his personal chef to Biedrins to give the rookie a helping hand in acclimating to the league. Upon his return, the chef told the unnamed player that the only thing Biedrins had in his fridge were bottles of vodka.

3. When I said something to the effect of, "lots of people claim that Biedrins had a partying problem and drank too much/did coke, he didn't exactly deny it.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#48 » by JohnWillow » Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 am

Few things about Beans he stated from early age, that he just wants to play ball till he is not over 30 years old... he was a beast back in 06/07 till 08/09, you have to remember he was 20-21 years old when he averaged almost a double double per game, he was at top 3 if I remember correctly in Most Improved player award in that 06/07 season when he was just 20 years old... and he was in the following season named co-captain of team at age of 22... in my opinion why he went down was a little bit because of Donny Nelson, cause he loved Keith Smart who was after Nelson... Donny Nelson got from him a lot in those seasons, but Beans was just injury prone at that time, I remember when Lee was injured in that 2010/2011 season Biedrins put up a monster games, I remember against Grizzlies where he had 28 points and 21 rebound game and then those stupid ankle injuries, but I think those thinks happened because, as Isiah Thomas said on open court, when he decided to retire he didn't want to play basketball, and in his mind he was done and then few weeks before reg season ended he got that big injury, same with Biedrins in my opinion, but right now Biedrins have a son he is back in Latvia, and doesn't party at all last few years.

Still I remember this dunk on Nene as it was yesterday.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOANsTJnHY[/youtube]
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#49 » by jamesnamida » Wed May 25, 2016 4:34 am

there was one dunk in the 07 playoffs.
beans was 18 ft out with the ball vs dirk. sized him up, blew past him and dunked with his ball hand out stretched over his head the whole time. never found a video of it.

Return to Golden State Warriors