ImageImageImageImageImage

Durant gets a huge tattoo of Tupac on his leg

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

TylerTurban
Pro Prospect
And1: 283

Re: Durant gets a huge tattoo of Tupac on his leg 

Post#41 » by TylerTurban » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Impuniti wrote:Going to the best team is not what I would call a lot of guts, esp with 3 of some of the best players all in their prime. Durant may have just ruined the NBA by making a super powered team unlike any seen before. If Kerr can get all 4 to play well off one another off the ball and keep the egos in check, no team is going to come anywhere close to this team, be it Spurs, Cavs or anyone else.

Not on the court, but making the move he did knowing all of the negative backlash he'd receive, putting his own achievements and expectations under a bigger microscope than ever doesn't exactly qualify as 'gutless'.

But it's easy for people to talk **** behind their computer and phone screens. THAT takes a lot of guts for sure! :lol:
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#42 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:58 pm

roc wrote:Tattoo artist lacks skillz

Blows my mind basketball players with so much money end up with horrible tattoos.
TylerTurban
Pro Prospect

Post#43 » by TylerTurban » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
roc wrote:Tattoo artist lacks skillz

Blows my mind basketball players with so much money end up with horrible tattoos.

It's actually really well done.

Care to point to what's so terrible about it?

Other than the fact that it's on Durant, of course.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#44 » by Impuniti » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 pm

TylerTurban wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Going to the best team is not what I would call a lot of guts, esp with 3 of some of the best players all in their prime. Durant may have just ruined the NBA by making a super powered team unlike any seen before. If Kerr can get all 4 to play well off one another off the ball and keep the egos in check, no team is going to come anywhere close to this team, be it Spurs, Cavs or anyone else.

Not on the court, but making the move he did knowing all of the negative backlash he'd receive, putting his own achievements and expectations under a bigger microscope than ever doesn't exactly qualify as 'gutless'.

But it's easy for people to talk **** behind their computer and phone screens. THAT takes a lot of guts for sure! :lol:

Are you still butthurt that I said most people don't that awful deal seriously? Nothing like high school passive aggressive attack on the internet. Is thing going to be a thing now where you come crying in other topics complaining that I hurt your feelings with a throwaway comment I made? Let it go mate.

He took the option that by far gives him the best chance of winning a trophy. It gives him a chance to win his first one and possibly turn into an unstoppable dynasty. I don't know if I would use the exact term gutless, but people thinking he made some brave move are living in bizarro land. If Messi or Ronaldo join one another, I doubt anyone would be saying that their move took guts.. except for stans of the team both are in.
TylerTurban
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by TylerTurban » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Impuniti wrote:
TylerTurban wrote:

Are you still butthurt that I said most people don't that awful deal seriously? Nothing like high school passive aggressive attack on the internet. Is thing going to be a thing now where you come crying in other topics complaining that I hurt your feelings with a throwaway comment I made? Let it go mate.

He took the option that by far gives him the best chance of winning a trophy. It gives him a chance to win his first one and possibly turn into an unstoppable dynasty. I don't know if I would use the exact term gutless, but people thinking he made some brave move are living in bizarro land. If Messi or Ronaldo join one another, I doubt anyone would be saying that their move took guts.. except for stans of the team both are in.

Don't flatter yourself. I don't even remember reading your posts before this one, and actually wasn't talking about you, but the people on the GB acting like weekend warriors.

And, while yes, he joined the better team, he also put himself under a bigger microscope, more scrutiny and more expectations than ever. Had he stayed in OKC and didn't win the Championship...it wouldn't have really mattered in the grand scheme of things. Now if he doesn't win a Championship it will be seen as a massive failure. Seems like the 'safe choice' was staying in OKC...
Bandito
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#46 » by Bandito » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:23 pm

You can't be a "stan" of a "team". Those are simply called "fans". At least use the childish terminology in proper context, if you're going to use it. That's slap worthy obnoxious.
TylerTurban
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by TylerTurban » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Scenario 1: Durant stays in OKC...doesn't win a 'ship next year...no one gives a ****.
Scenario 2: Durant goes to GSW...doesn't win a ship...everyone goes ham on him.

Yeah man...which one takes more guts?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#48 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Tupac looks a bit girly in that photo. Not a great look but meh, I've seen MUCH worse in the NBA. Hell, I've seen much worse on our team...

Every day I thank God for two things. Life and getting Stephen Jackson the **** away from my team.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#49 » by Gus McCrae » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:37 am

Prius wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:Moves to the bay and gets a Tupac tattoo. Reminds me of my favorite songs of his... "You wonder why they call you *** " I betcha

What's wrong with him getting a tattoo of one of his favorite rappers? KD might've gotten the tattoo anyways if he stayed in OKC. And if he went to your favorite team, the Lakers, would you still say that?

It means he's all in that's for sure. It seems very forced to me like he's trying to fit in but it's his choice so all good. I don't have a problem with him on the Warriors and aren't as upset as most of realgm about the signing it just reminded me of the song. In honesty I prefer big and Wu tang over tupac by a mile, I like the W he got.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#50 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:35 am

Hindenburg wrote:Thoughts on this? KD tried to cover up his tattoos before. Now he got a big one that will be visible. Shift in his image?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/espn/status/756240920031399937[/tweet]

Been outta town without internet access. Who doesn't love Tupac!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#51 » by Impuniti » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18 pm

TylerTurban wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
TylerTurban wrote:

Don't flatter yourself. I don't even remember reading your posts before this one, and actually wasn't talking about you, but the people on the GB acting like weekend warriors.

And, while yes, he joined the better team, he also put himself under a bigger microscope, more scrutiny and more expectations than ever. Had he stayed in OKC and didn't win the Championship...it wouldn't have really mattered in the grand scheme of things. Now if he doesn't win a Championship it will be seen as a massive failure. Seems like the 'safe choice' was staying in OKC...

How is it the safe choice to stay at OKC lol? Durant saw that he might stay a winless loser for the rest of his career which for a player of his capability (top 15), that's quite a fear. If Durant didn't care about winning at all and had a loser's mentality, then yeah I suppose that would be the safe choice. But you're kidding yourself if you think Durant wouldn't expect to win the chip even with OKC, because of his quality. While NBA fans might not call it out now, the talks of Durant finishing his career without a chip is on the back of everyone's mind. 99% of non Warrior fans and a good amount of Warrior fans see this move as a safe choice by Durant. He went and picked the easiest choice of all time in the NBA to win a trophy. You can spin this as pressure to compete and all that jazz, but it doesn't change that he picked the easiest option that someone has ever made to win a Championship. If you and others want play semantics and focus on the what ifs that he doesn't win it this upcoming season, go ahead. Doesn't make it right. It's hard to imagine even if Warriors don't take this year that it doesn't happen. Either way in the next few seasons, Durant should be getting one chip. Possibly more.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#52 » by Impuniti » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:20 pm

TylerTurban wrote:Scenario 1: Durant stays in OKC...doesn't win a 'ship next year...no one gives a ****.

The one where you're not guaranteed your first title ever in the next few years? :lol:
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#53 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Durant got a loud negative response from the crowd in LA before the China game. He was booed so loudly, that it surprised some impartial reporters.

I believe that had he stayed in OKC, would have been the more gutless move. Status quo, expectations low, playing in surroundings familiar to you, staying inside his "box".

There is so much more pressure on him to succeed with the Warriors. If the Warriors fail to win a championship this coming season, he will be the one to take all of the blame. He is now the villain and that really doesn't fit him either. He is the unassuming type, while LeBron loves that role, I would think Durant will have a hard time embracing it.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#54 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Impuniti wrote:
TylerTurban wrote:Scenario 1: Durant stays in OKC...doesn't win a 'ship next year...no one gives a ****.

The one where you're not guaranteed your first title ever in the next few years? :lol:

Nothing is guaranteed. Even with the Warriors stacked roster, injuries and other factors can easily change things.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#55 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:07 pm

he shoulda got a Mobb Deep tattoo
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#56 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Those fans at Staples were merely projecting what Deandre asked KD the other day.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/deandre-jordan-kevin-durant-los-angeles-clippers/
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#57 » by Impuniti » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Durant got a loud negative response from the crowd in LA before the China game. He was booed so loudly, that it surprised some impartial reporters.

I believe that had he stayed in OKC, would have been the more gutless move. Status quo, expectations low, playing in surroundings familiar to you, staying inside his "box".

There is so much more pressure on him to succeed with the Warriors. If the Warriors fail to win a championship this coming season, he will be the one to take all of the blame. He is now the villain and that really doesn't fit him either. He is the unassuming type, while LeBron loves that role, I would think Durant will have a hard time embracing it.

That would be the case if he had 0 ambition. For someone who wants rings to prove what a monster player he is, he chose the easiest option. If he had no ambition as a player and had a complete loser mentality, I would buy that this move took some serious guts. I can't even imagine Messi or Ronaldo joining one another and the fans talking about the player showing guts. You would get laughed off the room every single time. :lol:
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#58 » by Impuniti » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Nothing is guaranteed. Even with the Warriors stacked roster, injuries and other factors can easily change things.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but you're kidding yourself if every NBA fan, coach, player doesn't expect the Warriors to win a trophy in the next few years with Durant. It would be the biggest failure in sports history if they don't get one in the next 3-4 years.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#59 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Impuniti wrote:The one where you're not guaranteed your first title ever in the next few years? :lol:

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but you're kidding yourself if every NBA fan, coach, player doesn't expect the Warriors to win a trophy in the next few years with Durant. It would be the biggest failure in sports history if they don't get one in the next 3-4 years.

That is why I don't buy into the idea that Durant's decision was spineless. The decision took a lot of guts to make and the pressure for him to perform at another level is tremendous. If the Warriors don't win a championship next season, he will be viewed as a total failure. As long as he is a Warrior, the Warriors will be expected to win a championship and it's not over the course of time, it is now. No one is going to wait 3 or 4 years for him to win a title.

I understand the logic that he is just riding on the coattails of his teammates and a real man would have stayed in OKC. I can also see where he viewed OKC as a dead end, where Westbrook was a short timer and Ibaka and Harden were already gone. I think OKC isn't as good as they were last season after trading Ibaka. I believe OKC wasn't an option and why should they be? If the goal is to win a title in a two year window and the team continues to lose it's stars, how does the organizational goals meet Durant's goals? They don't. He could have played one more season in OKC with Westbrook on an inferior team, however he stated whoever he signed with, was the team he wanted to stay with long term. He didn't like all of the intention as a free agent.

So if he went to the Spurs, he wouldn't be spineless? How about the Clippers? No, the only team, with the exception of the Cavs the Warriors were the ones he would be labeled spineless and gutless if he signed with them.

The only logical choice was the Warriors from a goal oriented business perspective, regardless what other's think. It was the best move for him from a growth standpoint, to step out of his comfort zone. No other option compared to what the Warriors offered and it even goes beyond the Warriors being title contenders. It was family, it was personal relationships outside of basketball, it was about being happy. He watched his mother struggle through depression after years of having nothing, then having millions at her finger tips. Money didn't make her happy, she got depressed. KD was going to be happy regardless of what other's thought of him and I respect that. Yes, he joined my team, but it's not my fault that we became perfect for KD to sign with.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#60 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Indeed but winning next few years should be expected

Return to Golden State Warriors