ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond Green Appreciation Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Re: Draymond Green Appreciation Thread 

Post#61 » by Impuniti » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:10 pm

He's not going to win if the team stays around the 20th mark defensively. If they can rank top 10, he has a chance. Top 5, he should definitely get it but I don't see that happening this year with all this insane offensive firepower.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#62 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Little Digger wrote:Green's the W's MVP again this season..Without him the Warriors would be a mess.

He's everything Don Nelson thought Billy Owens could be
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#63 » by likashing » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 pm

He is playing better D and has much more responsibility in D for us this season, compared to the last 2. However, the boat has sailed for him to get DPOY this season, because we are not a top 3 defensive team anymore, and we in fact have slipped in defense this season. IMO he should have the DPOY one of the last 2 seasons.

However, our team D, while up-and-down and overall not dominant, is not as bad as people think...

We are #15 now at 103.6

If you take out the Spurs game, we are at 101.9 which is #11 and where the Cavs are at now.

Still need to make a lot of progress in defense but we are not in bad stage now.

Only chance for him to win DPOY is we dominate in D again and be a top 3 defensive team.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#64 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 pm

FNQ wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Green's the W's MVP again this season..Without him the Warriors would be a mess.

I loved the young Billy O...Too bad his work ethic let all of us down..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#65 » by The-Power » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm

likashing wrote:However, our team D, while up-and-down and overall not dominant, is not as bad as people think...

We are #15 now at 103.6

If you take out the Spurs game, we are at 101.9 which is #11 and where the Cavs are at now..

Quick note: you should use basketball-reference as the source for ORTG/DRTG because - unlike stats.nba.com - they use accurate possession data. It doesn't change anything you wrote, though.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#66 » by likashing » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:56 pm

The-Power wrote:
likashing wrote:However, our team D, while up-and-down and overall not dominant, is not as bad as people think...

We are #15 now at 103.6

If you take out the Spurs game, we are at 101.9 which is #11 and where the Cavs are at now..

Quick note: you should use basketball-reference as the source for ORTG/DRTG because - unlike stats.nba.com - they use accurate possession data. It doesn't change anything you wrote, though.

I know bbref define a "possession" differently. Just curious, why do you think bbref is more "accurate"?

stats.nba and espn both use the same "possession" definition.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#67 » by likashing » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Come to think about it, the DPOY drive is just a little mind game the coaches play to get the team to play better D so Draymond can get his deserved DPOY...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#68 » by Onus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 pm

likashing wrote:Come to think about it, the DPOY drive is just a little mind game the coaches play to get the team to play better D so Draymond can get his deserved DPOY...

They need some type of motivation for the season. This may as well be it. Though not going to lie, KD deserves a mention for his defense as well
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#69 » by The-Power » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

likashing wrote:
The-Power wrote:

We are #15 now at 103.6

I know bbref define a "possession" differently. Just curious, why do you think bbref is more "accurate"?

stats.nba and espn both use the same "possession" definition.

stats.nba.com uses a standard formula while bbref uses actual pbp data iirc. Hence the differnences in their respective ORTGs/DRTGs. You can have a positive +/- but a negative NetRtg for a game on stats.nba.com for instance, and that's obviously impossible if they used actual pbp data.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#70 » by shazam_guy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Little Digger wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I loved the young Billy O...Too bad his work ethic let all of us down..

I'd blame his lack of a reliable outside shot more than his work ethic, personally.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#71 » by turk3d » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 pm

According to some of the defensive stats out there, it appears that the Dubs aren't all that bad (at least as the way they started off the seson). In order for Dray to have a shot, his competition will most likely be once more from Kawhi and if you're looking at team comparisons, you'd be talking about San Antonio. According to a couple of sites, they're not that far behind SAS surpringly, in particular defensive efficiency and in Team Tracking defense:

In defensive efficiency San Antonio is in 10th place @1.612% with the Warriors in 16th place @ 1.029
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency

In team tracking Diff% SAS is @ -.5 (12th place) wheras the Warriors are right behind them (13th place) @-.4% tied with Utah
http://stats.nba.com/league/team/defense/#!/

So with a long ways to go, and the Warriors D seeming to be improving (especially with the play of Zaza and McGee) I'd say that it is definitely possible if Dray continues to perform the way he has thus far this season. I really don't see his outside shooting as much of a factor. This is DEFENSIVE Player of the Year we're talking about, not Offensive or MVP for that matter although I guess he'd get a few votes for that as well if the voting took place right now.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#72 » by 510TWSS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 am

He's been absolutely phenomenal," Kerr said. "He's in a great place. He's backed up everything he said this summer when he said he needed to grow. There's zero drama."

- Kerr as quoted by Anthony Slater in the Mercury.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/21/warriors-block-10-shots-smash-pacers-120-83-cap-undefeated-road-trip/

Nice to hear about Dray.

TIL We're 4th in the league in BPG at 6.1/game. Same number as last year which was good for 3rd best in the league.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#73 » by likashing » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:15 am

If the Clips stay as the #1/#2 defensive team, DeAndre is going to run away with DPOY award.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#74 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:36 am

Which is lame, because deandre still sucks at defending the P&R
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#75 » by Kuya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:07 am

He needs to settle down on the teasing in his snapchat a bit.

Guys ribbing eachother is fun once in a while, but he's constantly bashing his teammates videotaping them sleep, **** on their new haircuts or if they chilling on their computers during down time and self time. Like every day he **** on his teammates on snapchat.

After a while it must get annoying.

That said, i f*cking love Draymond.

Sent from my SM-N920T using RealGM mobile app
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#76 » by turk3d » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:41 am

Draymond discussing that flagrant that was called on him the Houston game and flagrants in general:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18195705/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-criticizes-nba-rule-interpreting-unnatural-act

I think he has some good points. Anyone know if he has that stuff on kinesiology right?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#77 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:21 pm

Green Lee should probably be suspended for the next game. It will be difficult vs a Pacers team getting themselves together, but he needs to be taught a lesson now. If he continues this in the playoffs and it costs the Warriors possibly another title, all hell will break loose. I'd prefer he gets taught a lesson and works during RS to fix it.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#78 » by likashing » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:05 pm

I was listening on 680 and there was a long session with Scott Howard Cooper of nba.com

While I'm not sure how connected he is with the Warriors, he said Green made it a point this offseason internally that he needs to keep his playing style and temper under control in order to stay out of trouble this season.

So far he is nowhere near leading the tech foul board. In fact, KD is the team leader with 4. Zaza and Draymond both have 2. League leader is Len and Dwight with 8 and 6 apiece.

It is possible Draymond learned his lesson during the Finals. Those Draymond is Draymond and I'm gonna be me is just smokescreens for your entertainment purpose.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#79 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:19 pm

He needs to stop flailing his leg
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Draymond Green Appreciation Thread 

Post#80 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:56 pm

Green is a gift and occasionally becomes a curse.

I don't understand why he needs to complain so much about everything.

Don't get me wrong, this team wouldn't be anywhere without him, but he needs to tone his ratchetness down. Save that energy for your game and not for getting techs.

He's one of the biggest reasons why people started to dislike the Warriors. All the complaining, the technicals, the unnecessary kicking of balls.

Draymond cost the Warriors a title by helping the Cavs gain momentum in the Finals after his suspended game. He needs to learn from that. If I wasn't a Warriors fan, I would say Draymond deserves to lose the 3-1 lead because of his antics, but I bet he'd never admit it's his fault and would say the collective team needed to step up.

Now he cost us that game vs Houston. He needs to mature a bit or else it'll get worse and worse. The only reason his attitude is tolerable is because the team is winning games, but you shouldn't wait until it's too late to correct something.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#DubNation

Return to Golden State Warriors