ImageImageImageImageImage

Javale McGee Should Be Our Starting Center Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Javale McGee Should Be Our Starting Center Thread 

Post#201 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Axxo wrote:Hey guys, Chicago fan here who supports GSW. On NBATV it was proposed that in the finals LBJ will start posting up guys and also start playing bully ball. Based on this it was said you guys need another shot blocking big with some girth who can play that "dew-rag, straight out of the county street ball". Zaza is rough but he is not a shot blocker. Mabe Larry Sanders as a rental for the stretch...
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

A lot of talk around here about possibly trying for Sanders (there's a separate thread for that). Either Durant or Green (with some Iguodala sprinkled in) will be guarding him. And with McGee in there at times, he'll be helping us protect the rim. And FYI. the Dubs are the #1 shoot blocking team in the league. More concerned with Tristan Thompson and Kyrie who typically burn us. I think that's where Zaza (and West when he returns) matches up pretty well and with the increased depth at guard, we should do better there.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: Javale McGee Should Be Our Starting Center Thread 

Post#202 » by Axxo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:26 pm

turk3d wrote:
Axxo wrote:Hey guys, Chicago fan here who supports GSW. On NBATV it was proposed that in the finals LBJ will start posting up guys and also start playing bully ball. Based on this it was said you guys need another shot blocking big with some girth who can play that "dew-rag, straight out of the county street ball". Zaza is rough but he is not a shot blocker. Mabe Larry Sanders as a rental for the stretch...

A lot of talk around here about possibly trying for Sanders (there's a separate thread for that). Either Durant or Green (with some Iguodala sprinkled in) will be guarding him. And with McGee in there at times, he'll be helping us protect the rim. And FYI. the Dubs are the #1 shoot blocking team in the league. More concerned with Tristan Thompson and Kyrie who typically burn us. I think that's where Zaza (and West when he returns) matches up pretty well and with the increased depth at guard, we should do better there.

Yeah I kno you guys are #1 in the regular season . This question refers to the increased physicality of the finals. Cavs feel like they can grab and push more in the post season to disrupt the rhythm offense you guys use.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#203 » by Mylie10 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 pm

The Cavs have one big guy, Tristan Thompson who is any kind of physical threat, other than LeBron. Love and Frye don't s are anyone with physicality.

We on the other hand have Zaza, West, McGee, Draymond, and Looney who can all play defense in the post. The Warriors lead the league in shot blocking right now. And also are number one in defense.

I don't get how so much of the country doesnt pay attention to how teams play. The Cavs are lacking in big men, much more than the Warriors are. And I'd say with Zaza and West we are extremely physical when needed.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#204 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:23 am

Mylie10 wrote:The Cavs have one big guy, Tristan Thompson who is any kind of physical threat, other than LeBron. Love and Frye don't s are anyone with physicality.

We on the other hand have Zaza, McGee, Draymond, and Macadoo who can all play defense in the post.

FTFY (playoff rotation)
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#205 » by Ganji » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:49 am

Javale is like not so poor version of DeAndre Jordan imo. Not as good, but quite similar. Love to see him getting his stuff together, that guy needs a ring, just so some NBA x-players annalists would stop making fun out of him :D
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#206 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:42 am

Ganji wrote:Javale is like not so poor version of DeAndre Jordan imo. Not as good, but quite similar. Love to see him getting his stuff together, that guy needs a ring, just so some NBA x-players annalists would stop making fun out of him :D

Dude's been big time.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#207 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:25 am

Only 3 boards to go with his 7-8 fg. Meh but what a pickup for us. He's better than Zaza on certain matchups. We have almost the perfect complement of bigs when everyone's healthy this year. Very deep at that position for the first time since Nate.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#208 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pm

His stats are awesome for a vet min and still very good in a vacuum.
He doesn't play a lot of minutes but his per36 production would be 23.6 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.7 blocks with very good field goal percentage at .675 and ok-ish free throw shooting just a little below 50% which is not good, but not bad enough to be hackable (still better than Bogut).
He's not the smartest defender, but if he was he would be an all-star. I think for his price is a great pickup and a useful backup center who can be a godsend in certain match-ups (and unplayable in others, but it's great to have multiple options).
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#209 » by hamncheese » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

I read a bit from Marcus Thompson about McGee having to have to go to the scorer's table to use his inhaler during the Memphis game. I had forgotten that McGee has asthma (which wasn't diagnosed until he was a pro) and needs regular treatment. This may be a reason why his minutes are limited.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#210 » by Upperclass » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Zaza being hurt has been great for GSW and great for Javale. He seems alot more comfortable and at ease, playing with the starters and I think he willbe even more productive when going back to the bench now that he knows for sure that he fits and is not an after thought.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#211 » by cpower » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Mcgee is a good offensive center who does exactly what he is supposed to do. I wish he can be better defensively, sometimes you dont need to get the block stat to prove you are good defensively.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#212 » by and1GS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 am

hamncheese wrote:I read a bit from Marcus Thompson about McGee having to have to go to the scorer's table to use his inhaler during the Memphis game. I had forgotten that McGee has asthma (which wasn't diagnosed until he was a pro) and needs regular treatment. This may be a reason why his minutes are limited.

As someone with fairly severe exercise induced asthma, that shouldn't be an issue for him. Your chest does tighten up randomly, but you just need about 10 seconds of low movement to recover. Taking albuterol aka an inhaler should give him at least moderate relief for a while. His chest probably tightened up so he did that for a quick fix.

TBH it's more annoying than anything else.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#213 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 am

We are getting the best Javale McGee has ever played and we are getting him on a minimum contract. The guy is basically giving us 23/11 and 2.7 blocks per 36. That is ridiculous production from a guy on a minimum contract. He has a career high PER, TS% and WS/48 so far this year. Hes not the most disciplined defender, but hes a good rebounder, good shot blocker and gives us another huge threat offensively with the threat of the lob.

Ive been saying since the start I thought he was going to end up being our starter. I think he clearly can be and I think he does better with the starting lineup. But hell Zaza has really impressed me with his play and Im more than fine with either of the two starting. Then add in Looney has been playing solid and hell even Mcadoo has been playing pretty solid ball as of late. Im very happy with our big man rotation.
CaptainMorgan78
Junior
And1: 273

Post#214 » by CaptainMorgan78 » Sat Apr 1, 2017 3:25 pm

If last night wasn't evidence enough for Kerr to start McGee over Zaza I don't know what is. McGee has so much more upside it's unbelievable, and he would only get better and better if Kerr would increase his playing time. Zaza was good for the first half of the season but he has regressed big time. For the love of God Kerr quit being so damn tentative / stubborn and start JaVale!

Sent from my Z981 using RealGM mobile app
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#215 » by laika » Sat Apr 1, 2017 4:21 pm

McGee plays so well with the starters that he has actually become the new death lineup.

With the big 4-
Pachulia- 24.0
Iguodala- 26.4
McGee- 36.5
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#216 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:16 pm

McGee needs to play with the starters. Elite passing means easy buckets for JaVale, and Draymond is a beast of a passer when he's alongside McGee.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#DubNation
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#217 » by watch1958 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 8:45 am

Would Javale playing more in the San Antonio game have helped?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#218 » by Kuya » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:17 am

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#219 » by Quazza » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:05 am

Kuya wrote:Image

that was after that monster lob withe the And1

Got me and my mate our of my chair. Was huge
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#220 » by floppymoose » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 am

Quazza wrote:Got me and my mate our of my chair. Was huge

It's late. I read that as "Got me and my mate out of my car". I thought it was some Aussie ghost riding thing.

Return to Golden State Warriors