ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 19: Houston Rockets (11-7) @ Golden State Warriors (16-2) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Game 19: Houston Rockets (11-7) @ Golden State Warriors (16-2) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#341 » by Mylie10 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 7:21 am

They improved their bench big time. I liked both Harrell and Dekker in recent drafts, but Gordon was a great add. But I fully expect Gordon to blow out an ankle any minute. Seems like clockwork for him.

The good thing about their mix is that guys like Beverley, Capella, and Harrell are defense first guys. Then you have a glue guy like Ariza who gives you offense and defense. So the mix with offense only guys like Harden, Gordon, and Anderson can flourish.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Re: Game 19: Houston Rockets (11-7) @ Golden State Warriors (16-2) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#342 » by bakesale » Sat Dec 3, 2016 7:27 am

Franc wrote:
bakesale wrote:Klay never stays on court to shake hands lol

He would shake hands if he was happy.

Win or lose a real man shows sportsmanship.
bakesale
Lead Assistant

Post#343 » by bakesale » Sat Dec 3, 2016 7:30 am

laika wrote:
bakesale wrote:death lineup wasn't that good.

Actually the death lineup was awesome once again, at plus 16 in 16 minutes.

And people are blaming Curry and Green for the loss? Seriously?

Curry was plus 10, which should be enough for an easy win. It was the horrible minus 15 when Curry wasn't in that cost the Warriors the game.

Does that factor in the last 5 minutes of the 4th and 2 OT? What was the +/- for that section of the game when the game was on the line?

Because they played the Death lineup for the final 15 minutes or so and ended up losing.

Last season during the reg season when they put the death lineup I remember it was blowing teams away, particularly at end of game situations.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#344 » by Quazza » Sat Dec 3, 2016 9:11 am

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:Can you imagine how much butthurt there would be if Charles Oakley played in today's game?

Or Anthony Mason and Xavier McDaniel?

Antonio and Dale Davis
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#345 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 3, 2016 10:25 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:It's amazing how 1 player can make you despise a franchise. I used to think the Rockets were alright, with a solid proud history, but James Harden was just really turned me off that ball club completely, probably for good. Does anyone else just watch that guy play in disgust?

I feel exactly the same way Coxstar...the guy turns my stomach. I really hate that type of player, even though I realize he's an amazing talent. Similar feelings for Chris Paul.

I just think it's Bush league to blatantly run into guys for your benefit. I get doing it on occasion, but these guys have made a career of playing that type of basketball.

Every time I watch Harden, I desperately want a player to figure out how to avoid/stop/shut down/dominate or simply draw the offensive foul on him when he just runs into people and flails. I want then for the rest of the league to clue in on it and for his game to detiororate back to the normality of how everyone else plays. Then we'll see good he really is.

The worst part about his flailing, is when he draws a foul and walks to the FT line with a grin on his face. Really infuriates me. Against the Warriors, the commentators even laughed when he winked at them after doing it.

**** him in the ear.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#346 » by likashing » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:54 pm

I blame the lack of game girls in this thread to get us over the hump.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#347 » by jason bourne » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:36 pm

Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:I'm watching the Rox play Nugz tonight and they're a good rebounding team in addition to having more 3-pt shooters than the Warriors. They play swarming perimeter defense although their interior D is weak except for Harrell. Not as weak as I thought under D'Antoni's 7 seconds and under to shoot run and gun system.

They are kind of like us, but play under more control. Capella is underated, and Harrell looks like he could blossom into a big time impact guy. They also have a super sub in Eric Gordon which is a huge luxury for them.

Can't stand em.

I hated DH-12. Even without him, they suck. Except for Harrell. Would love to have him on our team.

With Harden, Ariza, Ryno, Gordon, Dekker, Beverley and Corey Brewer, they got more than enough 3 firepower to give us trouble. Got to get on them early before they get going.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#348 » by jason bourne » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:37 pm

It didn't take long. Draymond is a marked man. I hope he doesn't turn into a soccer player.

Draymond Green is kicking people again
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/draymond-green-is-kicking-people-again-warriors-james-harden/1gpkwggi5uzf51kq62xco0vw3h
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#349 » by 510TWSS » Sat Dec 3, 2016 6:23 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:It's amazing how 1 player can make you despise a franchise. I used to think the Rockets were alright, with a solid proud history, but James Harden was just really turned me off that ball club completely, probably for good. Does anyone else just watch that guy play in disgust?

I feel exactly the same way Coxstar...the guy turns my stomach. I really hate that type of player, even though I realize he's an amazing talent. Similar feelings for Chris Paul.

I just think it's Bush league to blatantly run into guys for your benefit. I get doing it on occasion, but these guys have made a career of playing that type of basketball.

Every time I watch Harden, I desperately want a player to figure out how to avoid/stop/shut down/dominate or simply draw the offensive foul on him when he just runs into people and flails. I want then for the rest of the league to clue in on it and for his game to detiororate back to the normality of how everyone else plays. Then we'll see good he really is.

The worst part about his flailing, is when he draws a foul and walks to the FT line with a grin on his face. Really infuriates me. Against the Warriors, the commentators even laughed when he winked at them after doing it.

**** him in the ear.

I like anyone maxing out their potential. Although I'm an admitted Ginobili fan and Harden is basically a rich mans Manu.

I think in the same way Steph has "changed the game" guys like Harden deserve a lot of credit for being as lethally effective while not over relying on the 3 ball. Can't blame the process when the results are so damn good. Blame the refs for calling it and blame the dummy defenders who reach (like Steph did twice).

i didn't enjoy Harden's game last year because it didn't seem like he or his team enjoyed playing on any given night. This year is much different and their chemistry much better. If the season ended today I'd say Harden deserves it as much as anyone.
bakesale
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Game 19: Houston Rockets (11-7) @ Golden State Warriors (16-2) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#350 » by bakesale » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:36 am

Coxy wrote:
bakesale wrote:
Coxy wrote:
He didn't even kick out. Its a natural reaction to most when you get hacked like that. If Harden didn't stay down and suck on his dummy after the play, nothing would have been said.

When I grab a rebound I don't kick my leg out like that.

I don't know anyone else who does that except for guys who are known floppers.

It's not a natural movement. I know you love Green but I've played enough and watched enough ball in my life to know what's natural and what isn't. Draymond's made it into a bad habit and it needs to stop.

When did Draymond kick out after a rebound?

The league made an 'unnatural act' rule specifically because of Green's kicking antics. So you might swear black and blue that his reaction is natural but I agree with the league when they say it's an unnatural act. To flail is one thing but to do head high kicks whilst you're flailing is ridiculous.
bakesale
Lead Assistant

Post#351 » by bakesale » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:46 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

**** him in the ear.

The entire game I wanted Klay or anyone to isolate on Harden and drive at him, doing rip throughs etc just to draw fouls and really give him a taste of his own medicine. I wanted it SOOOO badly just so he could feel how infuriating it is. It **** me to tears seeing Harden gets away with that BS way that he plays. I would totally do that to someone if they were trying it against me on the court.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#352 » by Coxy » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:59 am

bakesale wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

**** him in the ear.

The entire game I wanted Klay or anyone to isolate on Harden and drive at him, doing rip throughs etc just to draw fouls and really give him a taste of his own medicine. I wanted it SOOOO badly just so he could feel how infuriating it is. It **** me to tears seeing Harden gets away with that BS way that he plays. I would totally do that to someone if they were trying it against me on the court.

Draymond would be ideal to go back at him with it. Just draw a switch off a pick, and let Draymond just work on Harden for a foul or 3 in the 1st quarter.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#353 » by Mylie10 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:30 pm

Really it's up to the NBA to direct their refs on not calling the b.s..
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#354 » by shazam_guy » Wed Dec 7, 2016 9:49 pm

The NBA actually rewards offensive players who run into defenders. That's one reason that Westbrook and Harden now have the ball in their hands all the time. They both get an extra half-dozen or more free throws every game because they deliberately initiate contact and the referees don't know how to call it.

Anybody who thinks this isn't true clearly doesn't remember Corey Maggette, whose last five years in the league were completely subsidized by referees. Watching him turned me off Warrior basketball, and even Todd Fuller never managed to do that.

Return to Golden State Warriors