Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

hellla
Senior
And1: 91

Re: Draymond on Oakley/Dolan 

Post#21 » by hellla » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 am

GoldenState4Life wrote:
mik0 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Sorry but Draymond needs to shut up. Focus on GS and thats it, dont need to hear about him talking about other franchises and stuff like that.

The slavery thing is really stupid. Dolan is an arrogant D bag but racist? It was mentioned early the relationship he has with IT. Plus he had never had any racial issues before any of this. This is just an argument between two men that dont like each other and one is a white man and the other is a black man.

This seems to happen at least once a year in sports where we hear the owner treats player like slaves argument from a player. Sorry but who ever says that, always sounds extremely stupid and massively underplaying the horrific ways slaves were treated. Last time I checked Dolan used to write Oakley checks that helped him make his millions. Sorry but that is far from being anything close to slavery.

Wow. You white people are always so quick to want Black people to shut up. The man can talk about anything he wants. He needs to shut up? Why? Because he's an athlete? Focus on GS and thats it? That's slave mentality. He's a human being and is entitled to his opinion on topics like these, too.

But we aren't humans and we can't have opinions on topics like these?

Or we are humans and we can't have opinions on topics like these?

That would be an empty message board.

Anybody can have an opinion on these things. The guy was saying Draymond needs to shut up. Why exactly does he need to shut up? Why do people feel like he shouldn't have a voice on these things?
bandwagon warriors fan since 2005
"Steph Curry is like the police. You could put your hands up, but he's still shootin!" - Athletic Alchemy
GoldenState4Life
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#22 » by GoldenState4Life » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:45 am

mik0 wrote:
GoldenState4Life wrote:
mik0 wrote:
Wow. You white people are always so quick to want Black people to shut up. The man can talk about anything he wants. He needs to shut up? Why? Because he's an athlete? Focus on GS and thats it? That's slave mentality. He's a human being and is entitled to his opinion on topics like these, too.

But we aren't humans and we can't have opinions on topics like these?

Or we are humans and we can't have opinions on topics like these?

That would be an empty message board.

Anybody can have an opinion on these things. The guy was saying Draymond needs to shut up. Why exactly does he need to shut up? Why do people feel like he shouldn't have a voice on these things?

If you read beyond his first sentence, he explains his opinion.
hellla
Senior

Post#23 » by hellla » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 am

GoldenState4Life wrote:If you read beyond his first sentence, he explains his opinion.

Again, missing my point. I don't care for his take on the matter. I'm just curious as to why he feels Draymond should "shut up and focus on GS only" as if he isn't allowed to have an opinion. Can you read? :crazy:
"Steph Curry is like the police. You could put your hands up, but he's still shootin!" - Athletic Alchemy
GoldenState4Life
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#24 » by GoldenState4Life » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 am

mik0 wrote:
GoldenState4Life wrote:If you read beyond his first sentence, he explains his opinion.

Again, missing my point. I don't care for his take on the matter. I'm just curious as to why he feels Draymond should "shut up and focus on GS only" as if he isn't allowed to have an opinion. Can you read? :crazy:

Yes I can....and in his post he answered your question as to why he feels Draymond should "shut up and focus on GS only"

You might not like his answer, which is probably why you responded with a racist comment...
hellla
Senior

Post#25 » by hellla » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 am

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/21/steve-kerr-will-not-just-stick-to-sports-embraces-new-era-of-player-politicalsocial-activism/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Warriors coach Steve Kerr has been at the front of that criticism, and he is not going to “just stick to sports.”

“If you stick to that mantra, then everybody should stick to what they’re doing, right? That means nobody’s allowed to have a political opinion,” Kerr said during All-Star weekend, where he was repeatedly asked about political and social issues. “It just so happens we get these microphones stuck in our face and we have a bigger platform. But it’s free speech and, if you look at the history of the world, the biggest problems come when people don’t speak.”

Return to Golden State Warriors