ImageImageImageImageImage

Should we tank?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Re: Should we tank? 

Post#41 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

dabbaby17 wrote:Looking at the standings now, the Pelicans are only a few games out of the 8th spot. They're capable of getting that spot. The Warriors' lack of big men could be a huuuuuuuge problem if they do face the pelicans in the first round. Even if klay goes off for 30, cousins and davis are both capable of dropping 30. It will be an interesting matchup

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

What lack of big men? :crazy:

Where the hell do these people come from? :nonono:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
dabbaby17
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#42 » by dabbaby17 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
dabbaby17 wrote:Looking at the standings now, the Pelicans are only a few games out of the 8th spot. They're capable of getting that spot. The Warriors' lack of big men could be a huuuuuuuge problem if they do face the pelicans in the first round. Even if klay goes off for 30, cousins and davis are both capable of dropping 30. It will be an interesting matchup

Who on the warriors is capable of guarding Cousins? Let alone Davis?

MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#43 » by MightyReds2020 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:24 pm

dabbaby17 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Who on the warriors is capable of guarding Cousins? Let alone Davis?

By the same token, who on the Pelicans are capable of guarding Steph, Durant, and Klay?

Both Zaza and West are capable defenders against bruiser-type Cs like Cousins, and both Draymond and Durant are good matchups against high post bigs like Davis. They will score their share of points but we could make them work, especially with the lack of other options Pelicans have in other positions. Help D is one of the Warriors excellent defensive qualities.

And offensively, the Draymond/Durant vs. Davis/Cousins matchup is probably in our favor.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#44 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

So now that we've given the dust a chance to settle a little bit, let's break down the big question in this thread:

How do we ensure that the Pelicans get the 8th seed? Because with no time to gel, the Pels have looked worse then before the trade, which is par for the course when adding unique talents together like Davis and Boogie, who are 2 bigs that are used to having the ball on-demand every time they want it.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#45 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:12 pm

FNQ wrote:So now that we've given the dust a chance to settle a little bit, let's break down the big question in this thread:

How do we ensure that the Pelicans get the 8th seed? Because with no time to gel, the Pels have looked worse then before the trade, which is par for the course when adding unique talents together like Davis and Boogie, who are 2 bigs that are used to having the ball on-demand every time they want it.

I agree, partly for selfish reasons. I'm going to be in New Orleans for a couple of days at the end of April, and would love to see a playoff game between the Warriors and Pelicans while there.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors