Pelicans v GSW 8th April / San Fran Tips

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

beans-boy
Sophomore
And1: 69

Pelicans v GSW 8th April / San Fran Tips 

Post#1 » by beans-boy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi All,

I've just purchased a resale ticket for the Pelicans vs GSW on April 8th. This will be my first NBA game ever! I'm from overseas and have been a fan for over 20 years.. I just happened to be transiting through San Francisco and decided to have a stopover for three days on my way to Auckland: so I thought I'd tick an NBA game off my bucket list! I'm super excited - the Pel's adding DMC is an added bonus!

A few questions -
1) The ticket was $185 for 3rd row of the lower bowl (behind the basket) - is this an OK deal?
2) Where's a cool area to stay in San Fran for my 3 days? I'd like to do some sightseeing and would prefer the area to be slightly lively..
3) any other local tips/can't miss sites would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Re: Pelicans v GSW 8th April / San Fran Tips 

Post#2 » by Warriorfan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Warrior tickets are expensive 3rd row is a great place to watch an exciting team

First off what are your interests.

SF is a small city 7 by 7 made up of a variety of distinct neighborhoods .The weekend you arrive bigger events are the Fort Mason Beer festival and the Japan Town Cherry Blossom festival.

Parking is really hard but UBER Lyft plus BART ,best way to go to the game, or light rail MUNI are the ways to go around if you don't want to walk or bike.

Friday April 7 the Off the Grid is a somewhat inexpensive way to sample SF variety of food. It's foodtrucks.
I always tell people to do the Ferry Bldg Farmers

Market Sat morning and take a ferry ride to Sausalito. If the weather is good.

There is the usual GG park, Etc.
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#3 » by gswhoop » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Welcome in advance.

185 is a great deal, what section did you get?

I agree with what WarriorFan said.
I would say Bart is the best way to get to the arena.

For hotels, harbor court hotel is a great deal for being on the embarcadero. You're also near the embarcadero Bart so not too far of a walk.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#4 » by Money_ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf can all be done in a day if you keep on the move.
That Japan town festival sounds like it could be fun
Haight Ashbury for a tour of hippie central, then go up to Twin Peaks, if its a nice day, and check out the amazing view.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#5 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 am

Financial District/Embarcadero is a good place to stay. Like posters above said, you'd be conveniently located near the Embarcadero BART station, which is about a 25 minute BART ride to Oracle.

On Saturday mornings, there's the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building with cool food stalls and the Exploratarium (hands on science museum) is also within walking distance. One possible drawback of staying in the FiDi is that its very quiet at night on the weekends. San Francisco isn't that large of a city, however, and you're a $10 or less Uber/Lyft ride from most cool parts.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#6 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 am

I agree with the suggestions above.

Tourist areas are cool, don't let anyone tell you otherwise and don't hesitate to visit those places.

Visit Golden Gate Bridge as that's our major landmark. Fisherman's Wharf is cool, too. Pier 39 is pretty okay. If you are interested in visiting Alcatraz, you must book a tour way ahead of time; people think it's a tour they can go to last minute, but since it's popular it's hard to get tickets.

If you like literature, definitely visit City Lights Book Store as that's ground zero for authors like Jack Kerouac and the Beat Generation.

If you like art, check out SF MoMA!

If you like coffee, check out Sightglass Coffee.

Also, Oakland is literally across the Bay Bridge. So if you have a lot of extra time, you can check out some spots in the East Bay as well.

I like the Sausalito recommendation, too. It's across the Golden Gate Bridge and is beautiful.

If you wanna check out a lot of food spots, just download the Yelp app and search away for all the local goodies.
#DubNation
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#7 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 am

3 days in SF? Get a City Pass.

http://www.citypass.com/san-francisco
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors