ImageImageImageImageImage

Kerr Illness: No time table for return

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Kerr Illness: No time table for return 

Post#1 » by jamesnamida » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19223080/golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-return-bench-unknown

"The Warriors, sources said, have yet to determine whether Kerr's symptoms are related to the headaches, nausea and other complications he has endured for much of the past two seasons since a back surgery in July 2015 caused a well-chronicled fluid leak in his spine."

Wanted to start a thread in the dubs forum about this.

What if he is out for the rest of the playoffs? How much of a factor will that be? or would it matter with the talent we have? we still will run the same plays/ way of playing, but brown will be in charge of rotations and play calling.

Hope he comes back soon and everything is alright though.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,088

Re: Kerr Illness: No time table for return 

Post#2 » by The-Power » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 am

It will matter. As much criticism as Kerr has received this year everybody should know that he's a good coach and great at all the important off-court stuff - and he's certainly more prepared to coach the team through a tough playoff-run than Brown. That said, we're not doomed without him due to our talent level, experience and chemistry developed throughout the years. It hurts our chances to win the title a bit, though.

Hope Kerr is alright and back soon but obviously health must be his first priority now. Get well soon, Steve!
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#3 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm

If Steve is missing games we need to give Brown an earpiece with Steve commanding things from the comfort of home
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,232

Post#4 » by Impuniti » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Really hope he is back by the start of the 2nd round... I don't know if floppy mentioned it, but Green was already ignoring Brown on when to come in and did it anyways. Then talked about how Brown is MVP and trusts his players unlike other players. Just cringing at the idea of the uncontrollable idiot manchild getting even more power with the ultimate yes man in charge. Please get fit soon Kerr.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#5 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Warriors are in trouble if Kerr can't come back.

Brown was yukking it up in the interview after the first quarter and in the postgame press conference.

It would be a jinx to have him in charge the rest of the playoffs, like when they had Varejo on the roster last year.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#6 » by SFrush » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#7 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Impuniti wrote:Really hope he is back by the start of the 2nd round... I don't know if floppy mentioned it, but Green was already ignoring Brown on when to come in and did it anyways. Then talked about how Brown is MVP and trusts his players unlike other players. Just cringing at the idea of the uncontrollable idiot manchild getting even more power with the ultimate yes man in charge. Please get fit soon Kerr.

Draymond may have waved Kerr off just the same in that instance. I don't think a star player deciding to stay in with 2 fouls is that uncommon of an occurrence w/ his coach giving him the benefit of doubt
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#8 » by FloydWarrior » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Back problems are some of the worst, hoping for the best for Steve. Since the surgery he has said very little about it, but it seems he's never been close to getting back to 100% or close to it.

My dad (he's a doctor) had back issues years ago, but he refused to get an operation: "I won't have back surgery, unless I'm down & out, can't move, pills don't work and its a last resort measure for me."...Thank god he got better with swimming rehabilitation and changes to a calmer lifestyle. :pray:
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#9 » by StroShow6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Get better Coach Kerr , hopefully rest for the next couple of weeks will be good. And hopefully could return to the bench by the conference finals , we'll need him.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#10 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:12 am

FloydWarrior wrote:Back problems are some of the worst, hoping for the best for Steve. Since the surgery he has said very little about it, but it seems he's never been close to getting back to 100% or close to it.

My dad (he's a doctor) had back issues years ago, but he refused to get an operation: "I won't have back surgery, unless I'm down & out, can't move, pills don't work and its a last resort measure for me."...Thank god he got better with swimming rehabilitation and changes to a calmer lifestyle. :pray:

I'm the same, I've heard to many stories. I'm a back sufferer and for me I wouldn't have surgery unless it was the absolute last resort.

But the luckiest thing happened to me. I got a back pillow for driving and it has changed my life.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,797

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 am

I blame Draymond.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#12 » by Quazza » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:39 am

Mylie10 wrote:
FloydWarrior wrote:Back problems are some of the worst, hoping for the best for Steve. Since the surgery he has said very little about it, but it seems he's never been close to getting back to 100% or close to it.

I'm the same, I've heard to many stories. I'm a back sufferer and for me I wouldn't have surgery unless it was the absolute last resort.

But the luckiest thing happened to me. I got a back pillow for driving and it has changed my life.

details on this pillow?

I've had a really bad back for near 18 months now. Driving is a big part of my job but it's the worst thing for it
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:14 am

Quazza wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

details on this pillow?

I've had a really bad back for near 18 months now. Driving is a big part of my job but it's the worst thing for it

I'll post a picture
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:19 am

It's not this exact pillow, but very close. It fills that space in your car seat that supports the lower back. It's money.

Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:09 am

floppymoose wrote:I blame Draymond.

Definitely. Suspend him.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#16 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 am

lets close the blazers so he has a week's rest at least
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steve-kerrs-suffering-hard-watch-harder-live-055119678.html

Effing sad. After hearing him say never, ever, have back surgery.....rehab rehab rehab, I know I probably wouldn't have the surgery. I've been sketchy on having it prior to all this, and Kerr has cemented my future decision.
Khoee wrote “
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#18 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 pm

If he can't coach any more, he could have a massive malpractice suit for lost wages.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#19 » by Warriorfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:58 pm

I have confidence Kerr choice in assistants in Brown and especially Adams for the X and O's
Brown has experience dealing with the media pressure

I have confidence in Kerr's system because the players work.

This is mitigated somewhat because they already have a championship.

Dealing with personalities mainly calming a Green and refocusing a Curry, firing up a Thompson or reigning in a Durant from Iso tendencies when the game is on the line is a delicate balance.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#20 » by cladden » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 pm

wco81 wrote:If he can't coach any more, he could have a massive malpractice suit for lost wages.

There are risks associated with every surgery and they make you sign stuff saying you understand that before you have them.

Return to Golden State Warriors