ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#241 » by old rem » Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:43 am

Too bad Hibbert ain't what he was. Anyhow, GSW does not need MORE centers who ain't better than who they have. GSW likes Livingston who will have Bird Rights. For GSW Bird Rights are important.
CENSORED... No comment.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#242 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:41 am

You guys want my bold never going to happen in a million years trade idea? Durant, Varejao, Mcadoo, and Looney to Chicago for Jimmy Butler, Robin Lopez, and Mirotic...ok now back to reality.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#243 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 2:32 am

Why would you even post that? Just curious.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#244 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:22 am

Mylie10 wrote:Why would you even post that? Just curious.

Just bored and having fun. I always see tons of trade proposals that will never happen thrown around...thought I would add mine in there :D
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#245 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:25 am

On a serious note though Mylie, I still think this team needs to add a big and another shooter to the bench.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#246 » by Kuya » Sun Jan 8, 2017 4:18 am

Damian Jones, Kevon Looney and Patrick McCaw

i wonder what their value is around the league if at all.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#247 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 4:43 am

gsw213 wrote:On a serious note though Mylie, I still think this team needs to add a big and another shooter to the bench.

I think Clark shoots fine, and Livingston is shooting his highest career fg%.

I would love to add a SCORER to the bench though. Tough to find for nothing. And when you say big, I don't disagree, but who? That's the big question.

I might be in the minority here, but if their health checks out, I would love to add Jack and Landry for depth. They were studs for us back in the Jackson days and our system now would be good for them to rep their future value.

I mean seriously, Jack had several 20 point games for us in the playoffs against Denver and the Spurs. Landry was legit solid and closed out many games for us. Those two are tough minded, and have chemistry with our core three.

I know many can't stand Jacks ball pounding, but for what we could use, and how we play now, I'm sure he would fit right in. And Landry had a solid year last season for Philly. We could potentially get them dirt cheap, without giving up assets.....makes sense to me if their health is good.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#248 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 8, 2017 5:00 am

A lot of teams are shopping their players now. Wonder what Meyer plans on doing if anything.

We all know Cavs are still looking to make additions. Don't think any other team can make a move that will put them above us.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#249 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 5:01 am

I wouldn't mind giving Jack a chance here if he looks fully recovered from his injury. But where would they play him? Could you play Livingston and Jack together? Both are point guards and I'm not sure how the fit would be. He's obviously a much better player than Mcadoo or Varejao though...so there's that. As far as Landry goes, I think David West already brings a lot of what Landry does. Plus, I don't want to give Kerr the opportunity to play another undersized guy at center.
xRapHeadx
Lead Assistant
And1: 124

Post#250 » by xRapHeadx » Sun Jan 8, 2017 5:06 am

Dwight Howard
Coxy wrote:Well, that is very true indeed. Weed and playstation is like peas and carrotts.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#251 » by old rem » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:31 am

Kuya wrote:Damian Jones, Kevon Looney and Patrick McCaw

well..... we are talking virtual rookies who were not top 25. So?
At BEST you get.....some bench guy. GSW really is in no position to TRADE for anything major. At BEST..... could flip a second tier guy for another second tier guy. No worries my friend. GSW is still the top dog here.
CENSORED... No comment.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#252 » by whocurrz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 am

I don't know how much they're in selling mode yet, but there are rumors that the Bulls may blow it up. I think a good C target would be Robin Lopez. Good contract, solid IQ and likes doing the dirty work like boxing out well, setting screens and although he doesn't demand touches on the block has a capable baby hook. He was also a pretty good rim defender last year. Only problem is the only real salary we could add to make it close to fitting would be Iguodala. Taj is another guy who would be good on this team.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#253 » by Axxo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm

old rem wrote:

At BEST you get.....some bench guy. GSW really is in no position to TRADE for anything major. At BEST..... could flip a second tier guy for another second tier guy. No worries my friend. GSW is still the top dog here.

Would GSW have any interest in possibly acquiring Nurkic from Denver to bolster the defense?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#254 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:21 am

Warriors don't have anyone to offer the Nuggets unless they're just looking to get rid of contracts. They're going to have to pay big money to Jokic after 2018-2019 season while Nurkic is RFA after 2017-2018.

But Nuggets also have Gallinari and Barton as UFAs after 2017-2018 too, as well as Gary Harris as RFA. So are they going to give big extensions to all 4 players?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/yearly/cap/

Maybe the Nuggets need expiring contracts more than a player who's actually going to get playing time this year.

Even if the Warriors get him, it may only be as a rental until he's an RFA.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#255 » by Axxo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:26 pm

wco81 wrote:Warriors don't have anyone to offer the Nuggets unless they're just looking to get rid of contracts. They're going to have to pay big money to Jokic after 2018-2019 season while Nurkic is RFA after 2017-2018.

But Nuggets also have Gallinari and Barton as UFAs after 2017-2018 too, as well as Gary Harris as RFA. So are they going to give big extensions to all 4 players?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/yearly/cap/

Maybe the Nuggets need expiring contracts more than a player who's actually going to get playing time this year.

Even if the Warriors get him, it may only be as a rental until he's an RFA.

A rental might work since GSW just need to shore up just enough to beat the cavs year to year.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Orlando Prodigy
Senior
And1: 112

Post#256 » by Orlando Prodigy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:33 pm

I really don't know where to post this or if I'm allowed. So if I'm not it can be deleted. But I received this gift from a family member and I'm not a Warriors fan whatsoever lol. No hate I'm just a diehard Magic fan. If anyone wants a Curry jersey on the low I put it on eBay and it ends in 6 hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162357554577?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#257 » by watch1958 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 pm

old rem wrote:

I'd still like to trade for Richaun Holmes. Second tier guy who has fallen way out of Philly's rotation. Really high motor guy who has played real NBA minutes stayed in school long enough to have learned his trade a bit.

Someone who can come off the bench and do the things that MacAdoo and Looney and Jones aren't ready to do right now. Might be able to build a deal around McCaw, Sixers need wings, second rounder for second rounder. I'd prefer trying to convince them that Looney, a 3/4 is a better fit than Holmes, a 4/5, but I have no idea what they are really looking for.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Just talkin...but... 

Post#258 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Are the Warriors a much better team with Anthony Davis (using Klay in a trade)?

I think a line up with:
Curry, McCaw or other, Durant, Green, Anthony Davis
beats 7 our of 10 times.
Curry, Klay, Durant, Green, ZaZa

Fantasy land here....IF the Pelicans and Warriors were able to construct a deal for Klay and Anthony Davis....would you as the GM pull the trigger. Do you think the first starting 5 are vastly better than our current with Klay?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Just talkin...but... 

Post#259 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:53 pm

The Pelicans would NEVER deal Davis for Klay. The deal would involve so much more from our new, like Draymond as well. Makes this a moot chat.

However, if Bob was able to give the Pels front office a thorough rogering and pull off that deal straight up, then yes you do it. Both teams win 70, but having a big like Davis in the playoffs against the Cavs, well that's a nightmare for any other team.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Just talkin...but... 

Post#260 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 pm

AD is an enigma.. he's so good but you gotta stay healthy to keep your team afloat. Anyways he seems like a more mature, defense-oriented version of Cousins.

Also his teammates are mostly overrated players that aren't very good. I have high hopes for Hield though, he looks legitimate. But Tyreke is the same guy he was as a rookie, Jrue hasn't progressed as I thought, and guys like Solomon Hill and Omer Asik are cash fires.

Return to Golden State Warriors