ImageImageImageImageImage

Rowell speaks

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Re: Rowell speaks 

Post#21 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:27 am

What has cap space ever gotten the Warriors? Maggette (and NOT Baron). So it's ironic that those hyping capspace are the same ones hating on Maggette.

Capspace didn't get the Lakers Gasol at all, they were over the cap. A loser franchise - Memphis - is what got the Lakers Gasol... and it's not the Lakers that our fans are wanting us to be with the capspace, it's Memphis! THEY got capspace in this trade. No thanks, I say... I prefer players.
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Subaculta » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:17 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:What has cap space ever gotten the Warriors? Maggette (and NOT Baron). So it's ironic that those hyping capspace are the same ones hating on Maggette.

Capspace didn't get the Lakers Gasol at all, they were over the cap. A loser franchise - Memphis - is what got the Lakers Gasol... and it's not the Lakers that our fans are wanting us to be with the capspace, it's Memphis! THEY got capspace in this trade. No thanks, I say... I prefer players.

i think you're misunderstanding my idea of "cap space"... i'm not one of these guys that think that magical "cap space" will get you LeBron and Bosh in 2010, but I do think it's a huge asset, and it allows teams to get involved in some pretty one sided trades (Camby this past offseason and Kurt Thomas the year before for ex.)

So, the Warriors have cap space (something worth using wisely), and then they throw it at three different free agents (all playing different positions), and when they finally get their man, the agreed upon reason for picking him up at 5/49, is that he will help with scoring... eventually we pick up Crawford, and we will get Monta back... so the blue print was to have four guys that need the ball in their hands and are capable of scoring 20 ppg? Defense is not a strong suit for three of those guys and Jackson plays d when not arguing with a ref about being fouled on the previous play.

As for Souvlaki's claim that hindsight is 20/20 (there were no moves to make)... ok so the Warriors temporarily had 20 million in cap space, and this past summer you had 15 teams all beginning this crazy run at LeBron/Wade/Bosh... the Warriors could have been facilitators, gotten involved in trades, picked up a vet or two (along with some picks), but they didn't and I'm starting to doubt that they have a long term game plan.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#23 » by KR4 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:33 pm

Khoee wrote:the more LeBron talks about NY, the more desperate the Cavs get...they have to win a championship before the summer of 2010...and nothing says NBA Finals like Corey Maggette...

HA!!!!
Leeeee's Nuts!

Return to Golden State Warriors