ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 7th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

With the 7th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft... 

Post#1 » by Khoee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Mark my words: DeRozan will climb to #4 after pre-draft measurements / workouts...he's a physical freak, but I'm not sold on him...too bottom heavy...

This is a continuation of this thread - H15
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=835990&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Khoee
Banned User

Re: 2009 draft lottery... 

Post#2 » by Khoee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:55 pm

gswhoops wrote:
babak82 wrote:I think Jrue Holiday is a perfect fit next to Monta in the backcourt, although picking him at 7 may be a slight reach. Despite his relatively disappointing freshman year, he proved to be an absolute lockdown defender capable of guarding either the 1 or 2 with his size and speed. He has natural PG vision and passing abilities, and I think his lack of scoring this year was primarily due to Ben Howland's Big East grind it out mentality. He already proved he could score the ball with the best of them in high school.

With a little bit of work on his jumper, I can see him developing into a Chauncey Billups type player.

I like Holiday too, but it would have to be a trade down scenario. Maybe with the Bulls for #16 and #25?

#16 & #25 are more valuable than the #7 pick in this draft...
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#3 » by Star-Lord » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 pm

I really like Holiday too. I think he'd be a great fit on this team. He has the potential to be an All-Star, and his skillset currently compliments someone like Monta quite well, because Monta isn't the kind of scorer who needs to have the ball in his hands at all times. He can run off picks, find seams, get open, and Holiday can find him.

I still like Terrence Williams with our 7th pick (I like him even more if we slip a little.) He's exactly what the Warriors need; a pass first, do it all type on the wings. I definitely wouldn't mind swapping someone for another pick to snatch up Jrue, though. However, that could be tough, seeing as how Jrue is projected to go anywhere from the bottom of the lottery to near the end of the first round. We may be better off waiting for a club to draft him, then acquiring his rights after the fact.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#4 » by TB » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:35 pm

I see no problem with drafting Jrue at number 7. Why trade down and risk losing the guy we want?
S3n1le_N3ls0n
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by S3n1le_N3ls0n » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 pm

What do you guys think of Craig Brackins?
Khoee
Banned User

Post#6 » by Khoee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Brackins is garbage just like the rest of this draft...
Khoee
Banned User

Post#7 » by Khoee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Willie Warren is my new favorite prospect...Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Warren...
Star-Lord
Starter

Post#8 » by Star-Lord » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

I like Warren as well. It's too bad he's going back to school...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 am

CCIIIs Hair wrote:I really like Holiday too. I think he'd be a great fit on this team. He has the potential to be an All-Star, and his skillset currently compliments someone like Monta quite well, because Monta isn't the kind of scorer who needs to have the ball in his hands at all times. He can run off picks, find seams, get open, and Holiday can find him.

I still like Terrence Williams with our 7th pick (I like him even more if we slip a little.) He's exactly what the Warriors need; a pass first, do it all type on the wings. I definitely wouldn't mind swapping someone for another pick to snatch up Jrue, though. However, that could be tough, seeing as how Jrue is projected to go anywhere from the bottom of the lottery to near the end of the first round. We may be better off waiting for a club to draft him, then acquiring his rights after the fact.

What's the rush to waste a pick on some rather average SGs who's results barely put them in rd 1?
....okay...my bad....no way Holliday's play puts him in Rd 1. T williams showed more PG than Holliday and neither tops Marco or CJW as a PG in the pros.

We HAVE Morrow, Belli, Azu all lined up for SG minutes and they made Crawford a " Luxury". We ought to move Jackson but Nellie and Rowell love the guy. Grabbing an incomplete and overhayed SHOOTING G when we can draft a roadtested PG, a good solid Bog or even a real SF weith some game......is so goofy only in the land of Golden State is it even considered. How does a guy unable to ave 10 pt or 3 asst jump to the NBA as a PG? How does a freshman SF without range or handles help us when his only "skill" is scoring and we are LOADED with BETTER scorers?
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#10 » by old rem » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:02 am

Khoee wrote:Brackins is garbage just like the rest of this draft...

Yeah...a full size PF who scored 20+ and was close to 10 reb, who'd doubled his numbers from last year.....how does that fit into the "Play Small And Die Young" dogma? Yeah..bad fit. Lets trade away the
GOOD young SG's so we can load up on mediocre ones. Play 'em at all 5 positions. Make Nellie get a boner. :roll:

....or, we might find a way to ACTUALLY get a guy in the draft who fills one of the vacant roles.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#11 » by old rem » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am

brownwarriors wrote:Aminu reminds me of Julian Wright for some reason.

Julian Wright actually did a bit more as a college guy...good handles and passing, but a career backup.
Aminu could be that if he had the handles. He really is a tweener who needs to get a defined NBA type skill before he tries to go pro. Pre-season hype won't snow real scouts.

A guy like Aminu or Jrue H or DeRozean has to have superhuman tools or SOME skills to be a top 15 off scoring 6-12 ppg. That is not top 200 if your whole schtick is "can score". These kids need to show a big time LEARNING CURVE or a good second or third skill. If Joe Prep can drop 20 on HS kids who won't ever make the starting 5 at the local JC......BFD.

Every year a few of these hyped up Silver Spoon guys are supposed to get a free pass to the lotto even if they fail to do anything of note.
CENSORED... No comment.
Quazi81
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Quazi81 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:49 am

I go to wake forest and I've gotten a chance to see aminu play quite a few times. I think he is going to blow up next year with james johnson gone. Aminu was at best third option in the offense.
With teague's apparent allergy to passing the ball and johnson's ability to get shots at will against smaller players, aminu didn't get too many shots up.
That being said, he is a smooth, athletic player, almost never out of position, holds his own against stronger guys (even played some C for stretches against duke), and he has crazy hops. Don't sell him short. He was willing to play within the offense, do what the team needed. It worked when we were undefeated, then the wheels just came off and nobody could make an outside shot. Barring injury, he is going to be a monster, most likely at the three. He seems a little quicker, little better handles than AR, if he can get a more consistent jumper, he'll be a force at the three.
I think coming back was a great decision for him, and since he and teague were playing IM softball together a couple nights ago, wouldn't be surprised if we get teague back either.
TB
General Manager

Post#13 » by TB » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:55 am

Khoee wrote:Willie Warren is my new favorite prospect...Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Warren...

alot of differences with the 2 players.

But then again, who knows when your being serious or sarcastic.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#14 » by WarFan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Reggae was talking about Alade Aminu:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alade-Aminu-1389/

Al-Farouq is going back to Wake.
Star-Lord
Starter

Post#15 » by Star-Lord » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Anyone who watched a good amount of UCLA games this past season can tell you that Ben Howland's system really held Jrue back and limited his productivity.

On ESPN Chad Ford has an article in which he says that several scouts and GM's are still high on Holiday, and could see him going in the lottery. You can take that however you want, considering it is Chad Ford, but it's still interesting at the very least.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Khoee wrote:Willie Warren is my new favorite prospect...Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Warren...

Willie's pretty raw, but I like him too.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TB
General Manager

Post#17 » by TB » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 am

It's hard to watch high school allstar games...
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#18 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 am

tougher to listen to.

they just called a pass that went into the crowd on a simple 2on1 "a special look"
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#19 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am

NBA needs a higher age minimum.. fast..Too bad it's not coming until the next CBA...These kids suck..
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#20 » by watch1958 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 am

Sid the Squid wrote:NBA needs a higher age minimum.. fast..Too bad it's not coming until the next CBA...These kids suck..
Instead of a higher minimum, I'd make the rookie contract longer for the youngsters. Make the rookie contract 2 plus an option for anyone who goes four years, 3 +1 for juniors, 4+1 for kids who do 1 or 2 years, or some variation on that. Structure it similarly for Euroball players.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors