ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 09 thread:

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

oscars
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Eurobasket featuring Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf 

Post#101 » by oscars » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:57 am

turk3d wrote: What has Andris been working on this offseason? Do you know? It seems that every offseason he adds a new wrinkle or two to his game.

well in one of huis interviews hi sad that he wants to work on his jupshot this summer...

i can tell you that he had a very nasty jushot wenn he was a kittle 17 years olds kid - as he played professional ball for Latvian team... he even made some 3 poineters time by time.. he really had once a jupshot.. dont know why went it lost.. but i hope that he still can find it... :)
Sleepy51: If I'm Dre, I pick up two quick fouls and a tech as soon as Nellie puts me back in with these wings who won't stay in front of anyone and no interior help
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#102 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:10 am

oscars wrote:
turk3d wrote: What has Andris been working on this offseason? Do you know? It seems that every offseason he adds a new wrinkle or two to his game.

well in one of huis interviews hi sad that he wants to work on his jupshot this summer...

i can tell you that he had a very nasty jushot wenn he was a kittle 17 years olds kid - as he played professional ball for Latvian team... he even made some 3 poineters time by time.. he really had once a jupshot.. dont know why went it lost.. but i hope that he still can find it... :)

He's such a good and unselfish player and is smart enough to know that his best chance is to take close in shots (which he makes 60% of the time). Even if he was a threat to make just 1 or 2 outside shots per game, it would open things up for him a great deal and furthermore it would endear him more to Nellie.

It's his free throws which are even more important. If he's going to shoot the majority of close in shots, then he has to be able to make foul shots, because he will be fouled a lot and it could mean another 5-10 pts for him a game if he made the majority of him which would greatly increase his scoring average and get him the recognition he deserves, as one of the top flight Centers in the NBA and a likely All Star berth.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#103 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 am

St.Nick wrote:Mo Cheeks seems like an empty suit. He's never done anything impressive in eight years as a coach and has been fired mid-season twice in the past five seasons.

Nellie has basically had one bad season after two impressive ones. He is a genius that maybe is too smart of his own good sometimes, as people don't know how to deal with it and it makes him look bad.

Its nearly impossible to think of a coach that would be better than Nellie. Not a whole lot out there to choose from, as many of the teams that have hired a new coach over the past year can tell you.

Nellie's genius has passed. The fact that he was absolutely astonished when he was given his contract extention says it all. I cant remember the exact words but they were along the lines of "Im amazed the orginisation has this much faith in me". What he probably really meant was "Im amazed the orginisation hasnt figured out my alcoholism and senility yet, but I'll happily take their money"
turk3d
RealGM

Post#104 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:31 am

Coxy wrote:
St.Nick wrote:Mo Cheeks seems like an empty suit. He's never done anything impressive in eight years as a coach and has been fired mid-season twice in the past five seasons.

Nellie has basically had one bad season after two impressive ones. He is a genius that maybe is too smart of his own good sometimes, as people don't know how to deal with it and it makes him look bad.

Its nearly impossible to think of a coach that would be better than Nellie. Not a whole lot out there to choose from, as many of the teams that have hired a new coach over the past year can tell you.

Nellie's genius has passed. The fact that he was absolutely astonished when he was given his contract extention says it all. I cant remember the exact words but they were along the lines of "Im amazed the orginisation has this much faith in me". What he probably really meant was "Im amazed the orginisation hasnt figured out my alcoholism and senility yet, but I'll happily take their money" and Mullin's job

/////////fixed
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM

Post#105 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:37 am

:nod:
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#106 » by St.Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:38 am

Boo-hoo! Mully got fired!

To improve his job security he probably shouldn't have given out all of those horrible extensions, drafted so many bums, and traded a 1st rd pick for Marcus Williams.
Luusizz
Senior

Post#107 » by Luusizz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:41 am

oscars wrote:

That's right. He also said that he is going to work on the inside moves. About his FT shooting – in the first game he shot 3/10 FTs :( But many guys couldn't make their FTs either because of the intensive work out. But at least this year our team has one of Europe's best head coaches, so I think Andris could really achieve a good progress this off-season.
Unstoppable, baby!
turk3d
RealGM

Post#108 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 am

The biggest bum he hired was that old drunken coach he pulled out of the NBA trash heap. You know the one who was supposed to be like a second father to him. :rolleyes:
turk3d
RealGM

Post#109 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 am

Luusizz wrote:
oscars wrote:

That's right. He also said that he is going to work on the inside moves. About his FT shooting – in the first game he shot 3/10 FTs :( But many guys couldn't make their FTs either because of the intensive work out. But at least this year our team has one of Europe's best head coaches, so I think Andris could really achieve a good progress this off-season.
Let's hope so. Big difference between an 11 point game and a 15-16 point one. In order to be a top notch team, you must be a solid free throw shooting team. No team will ever be able to win big games if they can't make their free throws most of the time. If Andris wants the Warriors to be a great team, then he must become a good free throw shooter.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#110 » by St.Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 am

turk3d wrote:The biggest bum he hired was that old drunken coach he pulled out of the NBA trash heap. You know the one who was supposed to be like a second father to him. :rolleyes:

You mean the bum that prolonged Mullin's fading career by two seasons and brought the fans the best times since winning the Championship in the mid-70's?

BTW, confirm for me how Nellie was the one who squeezed out Mullin and not Rowell, Cohan, or maybe even Mullin himself. I don't want your theories or the ramblings of someone like TK or Lowell Cohn, I want quotes and actual events that prove what you are saying.

If you can't provide evidence then you sound like the crazy guy who talks about the economy being run by a circle of Jews in the mountains of Switzerland.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#111 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am

Sorry, I thought this was the Eurobasket thread.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#112 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am

St.Nick wrote:If you can't provide evidence then you sound like the crazy guy who talks about the economy being run by a circle of Jews in the mountains of Switzerland.

It's not? :o
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#113 » by St.Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 am

I believe they are in New York and Moscow :D
lllleviathanlll
Junior

Post#114 » by lllleviathanlll » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am

from Turk3d
"Let's hope so. Big difference between an 11 point game and a 15-16 point one. In order to be a top notch team, you must be a solid free throw shooting team. No team will ever be able to win big games if they can't make their free throws most of the time. If Andris wants the Warriors to be a great team, then he must become a good free throw shooter."

How about Shaq? Also, you said TEAM. Maggette alone can cover Andris poor free throwing %. WE ARE THE TOP 8 IN FT%. Teams ahead of us includes RAptor and Kings. For last year, 07-08, one of the top 9 teams that has a great ft% as a TEAM are the RAptors,Kings,Clippers,Wizards,and Thunders, I stated them because they aren't exactly great teams if you look at their record. When we won 48 games, we were the 18th team in ft%.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#115 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Andris Biedrins wrote:It is generally known, which is currently held by Goldensteit - which really is power, and who determines what next year's team look like?

- I think now it is the club president. He also formerly was at the team, but the internal affairs especially not continue, but the last two years, more and more involved. I think now he is exactly that which is decided in principle in all the key issues.

I know the translation is a bit garbled (great thanks again to Oscars for the efforts) but isn't this a pretty clear statement that Rowell's hand has been solidly on the tiller for some time . . . He's not just counting beans (no pun intended.) With Nelson's erratic behavior last year, he's running team capatin meeting to debrief Nellie's performance (remember the no-tank clause in Nellie's contract) and he has been involved in the player personnel decisions. I told you guys when Rowell started comming to practices that he was taking an active role. This current is Robert Rowell's basketball product on the floor every bit as much as Nelson's vapors and Mullin's legacy.

Rowell runs basketball ops. He may accept Nellie's council a lot, but he's asserting his own POV, and he is where the buck stops. The only thing that stands between us and Apocalypse Nellie Redux is our head salesman . . . good grief.

:o
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#116 » by St.Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Bean Counter... :lol: ....classic.

If Rowell really is running the show, then thats crap. Business guys shouldn't be involved in player personnel except when negotiating contracts.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#117 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:45 pm

St.Nick wrote:Bean Counter... :lol: ....classic.

If Rowell really is running the show, then thats crap. Business guys shouldn't be involved in player personnel except when negotiating contracts.

Here's my problem with that . . . negotiating contracts becomes a HUGE part of player personnel decisionmaking. The determination of how much value does this or that individual player have to this team should be a General Manager level decision. The guy making the value determination on a case by case basis needs basketball brains, otherwise you only get half of a good decision.

Rowell as a non-basketball guy should be in charge of financial policies. The team pres should be looking out for the bottom line from a birds eye/non-basketball perspective. The chief executive level financial policies can't be made on a case by case basis. Rowell should be establishing the budget and contract parameters and overall cap structure that he will allow Nellie and Riley to work within, but the case by case decisions need to be made at the basketball know how level unless they are asking for an exception to a policy.

It's a bad mix of roles if he's doing anything on a case by case basis.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#118 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Rowell when it comes to watching (and preserving) Cohan's money = top priority

Nellie when it comes to watching (and preserving) Cohan's money = NO priority (deosn't give a $hit)
Nelli would have been willing to give Amare a max extension even if he was damaged goods and woudn't have batted an eyelash. He loeves spending owners money.

Chris Mullin - Definitely cared about what was spent while he was the GM.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#119 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

lllleviathanlll wrote:from Turk3d
"Let's hope so. Big difference between an 11 point game and a 15-16 point one. In order to be a top notch team, you must be a solid free throw shooting team. No team will ever be able to win big games if they can't make their free throws most of the time. If Andris wants the Warriors to be a great team, then he must become a good free throw shooter."

How about Shaq? Also, you said TEAM. Maggette alone can cover Andris poor free throwing %. WE ARE THE TOP 8 IN FT%. Teams ahead of us includes RAptor and Kings. For last year, 07-08, one of the top 9 teams that has a great ft% as a TEAM are the RAptors,Kings,Clippers,Wizards,and Thunders, I stated them because they aren't exactly great teams if you look at their record. When we won 48 games, we were the 18th team in ft%.

1) Andris is not Shaq (no where near as dominant as Shaq was)
2) If he's going to be an integral part of the offense and an all star, then he has to make his free throws.
3) If he wants Nellie to give him 35 mpg and is not going to have an outside shot, he'll have to hit his free throws.
4) If he wants to average 15-18 ppg, then he has to hit his fts. The guys that are hitting 80% are the ones who are going to get the minutes.

This is about Andris personally. If Andris gets better, the team will be better. With there 80% ft shooting last year they won a total of just 29 games.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#120 » by turk3d » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:02 pm

St.Nick wrote:I believe they are in New York and Moscow :D

Those damn lubavitchers.

Return to Golden State Warriors