ImageImageImage

Game# 6 Rams at Panthers

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Game# 6 Rams at Panthers 

Post#1 » by ohara » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Panthers have a good opportunity to get back to .500 if they can handle the Rams in Charlotte. Panthers have looked impressive in their 2 wins. If they can get after Bradford and pressure him, they have a good shot to win. The Ram's defense has improved, so Cam must be on his game the way he was against the Vikings. If he is, that will be good for the Panthers. If he makes poor decisions and throws, the Rams will make his life miserable,
ohara
Head Coach

Re: Game# 6 Rams at Panthers 

Post#2 » by ohara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Great start. 1st play and Munnelyn gets a pick 6 off Bradford. 7-0 Panthers.

Rams had 1st and goal at the 4, but Panthers hold on 4th. Rams defense stops run for a safety. Now 7-2 Panthers.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#3 » by ohara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Munnerlyn with fumble recovery! Panthers moving close to FG range already. In Rams territory.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#4 » by ohara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Panthers up 17-5 in the 3rd and Panthers moving into Ram's territory. Chris Long just got kicked out after a personal foul, so now Panthers in the red zone.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#5 » by ohara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Tolbert with a stupid personal foul, Moved from the 1 to the 16. Very stupid play. Now they have to go for a FG. Panthers up 20-5.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#6 » by ohara » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Panthers win 30-15. Cam was 15/17 for 204 yards and 1 TD. Defense has an INT for a pick 6 and two fumble recoveries. Terrific day for the Panthers and they get back to .500 at 3-3.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#7 » by penquin11 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought Mike Mitchell was a great signing. I had no idea he would be this good. He is a turnover forcing machine, in the past 3 weeks he has 3 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles, he also has had 2 or 3 sacks in that time. If he continues at this pace he is sure to make the All-pro NFL squad.

Cam Newton had a terrific game. I wish he threw the ball some more, but I can't complain when he completes 15 of 17 for 200 yards. Since the Arizona game, when he actually played great football but drops and sacks derailed his performance, he has been lights out good. If we can get him better protection and some targets he undoubtedly will be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

In the preseason I thought that we lacked DB depth.... I was wrong. We might not have the most athletic DB squad, but our guys get it done even when plagued by injury....

That stated guys... we are 3-3.... Last year we were 1-5 or something like that, and dido the year before. If we can continue playing strong during the second half as is our tendency, we could make the playoffs this year. I like Rivera's play calling, and I think he is the coach for us. People forget that one of the greatest coaches of all time (Tom Landry) struggled in his first 2 or 3 years before things really clicked. I think Rivera has found the right balance in playcalling, and you can't argue that he isn't doing more with less. He entered this season with supposedly the worst DB squad in football, with a shattered O-line, a QB with questions surrounding him, with one healthy RB who was last productive 3 years ago, and with a WR team that looked laughable.... We haven't been blown out yet.... Actually, I don't think I can name a game in Rivera's tenure where we were absolutely dominated. If we lose, we lose close.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#8 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 am

**** Jenkins, I used to like him and hoped we'd draft him but I'd rather play Nakamura over him now. :o :lol:
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Carolina Panthers