Image Image Image Image

Tucker replacement suggestions

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Tucker replacement suggestions 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Will muschamp will most likely be fired this year from Florida. He's been a great defensive coordinator everywhere he's been.

Virginia Tech has had a great defense for the past few years especially in the secondary.

Michigan St. and Stanford's DC
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Tucker replacement suggestions 

Post#2 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Get Michigan State's guy and draft Drummond in the second round
errisal
Head Coach
And1: 406

Post#3 » by errisal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Tucker isn't the only one who needs to go. Trestman is horrid as both a head coach and OC. This team won't win 9 games with this guy trying to trick his way thru the league.
"The Cubs will Win a World Series title in my Lifetime! I plan to live to the age of 150 and the Cubs Win it in 2017! :nod: "
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 am

errisal wrote:Tucker isn't the only one who needs to go. Trestman is horrid as both a head coach and OC. This team won't win 9 games with this guy trying to trick his way thru the league.

you're right. Trestman should be more predictable. Like Tucker.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 am

Tucker has the most predictable defense possible. Cover two zone or cover 1 zone with a blitz up the middle. Once the opponent gets inside the ten or is going for it on short yardage we go cover 0 with one of Conte or Mundy covering the slot while the other blitzes inside with a LB.
BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#6 » by BullHeaded » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm going to dust off the same one I've been chirping about since the offseason: Jim Leavitt, LB coach of the SF 49ers.

Former head coach (inaugural HC) for the USF Bulls and coached them up to being the second ranked team in the country at one point with its teeth being its defense.

As LB coach for the Niners, in 2013 all four of their starting LBs were either first or second team all pro (3 first, 1 second).

Niners always seem to beat the Packers in the playoffs... maybe he has the secret sauce. In fact, he should be pretty keen on how to beat the Seahawks and Niners as well when push gets to shove in the playoffs.

I wish we would have gone this route last year so this past offseason we could have stocked the shelves with players that would fit his scheme... but I wouldn't be afraid to make a major move like this.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 pm

BullHeaded wrote:I'm going to dust off the same one I've been chirping about since the offseason: Jim Leavitt, LB coach of the SF 49ers.

Former head coach (inaugural HC) for the USF Bulls and coached them up to being the second ranked team in the country at one point with its teeth being its defense.

As LB coach for the Niners, in 2013 all four of their starting LBs were either first or second team all pro (3 first, 1 second).

Niners always seem to beat the Packers in the playoffs... maybe he has the secret sauce. In fact, he should be pretty keen on how to beat the Seahawks and Niners as well when push gets to shove in the playoffs.

I wish we would have gone this route last year so this past offseason we could have stocked the shelves with players that would fit his scheme... but I wouldn't be afraid to make a major move like this.

I like this idea. I think he should be one of the top candidates along with Dantonio from Michigan State or Beamer from Virginia Tech.

If we get one of those college guys we can draft their secondary players (Drummond at safety or Fuller at corner) which we also need. They are top prospects who could start right away and their transition would be even easier playing for their college coach.

If we fire Tucker during the season I guess Pasuoloni will be the interim. I don't see him being the long term answer. I'd like to keep Hoke on staff as the DC moving forward no matter who we bring in eventually.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:01 am

Rex Ryan anyone? :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:25 pm

City of Trees wrote:Rex Ryan anyone? :lol:

I wouldn't mind that. Our defense needs some personality and there's no doubt he's great at utilizing his talent. Plus we could bring in David Harris. If we bring in Harris and Ryan our defense can immediately take a 180. Harris seems to be a great leader, gets people into place in a very complicated defense and consistently makes plays (a combination that we do not have on our roster at LB at all).

Sidenote: Harris and Freeman are really the only two free agent linebackers I like. Other than that I think we should draft LB early.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#10 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 12:35 am

City of Trees wrote:Rex Ryan anyone? :lol:

He's not getting fired. He's a great head coach and the Jets know it they just have little offensive talent on that team. He took the Jets too two AFC championship games with a below average passing games and ever since has been exceeding everyone's expectations. His secondary is trash and they still manage to have a top defense.

Ron Rivera might get fired, however. They seem to be plummeting and their defense has been surprising underwhelming. I'm sure if he gets fired he wouldn't mind returning to the Bears, but I don't think its likely although possible.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 8:06 pm

If the Jets finish with less than six wins Rex is gone.

Thoughts on Singletary?
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#12 » by ptpablo » Fri Oct 3, 2014 3:55 pm

This would be a coveted job I would think. Trestman works the O and you step in and control the D. I would go as big as possible if I were the Bears.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 4:05 am

I wonder if this defense would actually be good if the front four could generate a pass rush consistently. It seem like anytime they do we force a turnover.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#14 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 3:04 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:I wonder if this defense would actually be good if the front four could generate a pass rush consistently. It seem like anytime they do we force a turnover.

It definitely would. Not having Ratliff and Allen was really bad, and it doesn't help that Houston hasn't stepped up.

Hopefully with Allen back, it can take some pressure off of the young guys and Willie Young to get going. Sutton and Furgeson have shown flashes.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears