Image Image Image Image

Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 42,570
And1: 9,594
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#62 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:57 pm

well, you know what they say about plans. You know what Mike Tyson said about plans too :wink:

and so it begins:
Read on Twitter
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
Axxo
Starter
Posts: 2,263
And1: 362
Joined: Jun 28, 2016

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#63 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 pm

fleet wrote:well, you know what they say about plans. You know what Mike Tyson said about plans too :wink:

and so it begins:
Read on Twitter

Yessir, let the games begin :)
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,798
And1: 575
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#64 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu May 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Axxo wrote:I hear both you and Fleet's side. Pace already said MT is a developmental propect. Im sure I can find it if you like. That why so many fans including myself didnt like the pick. Because he is developmental prospect not yet ready to play. So Pace did exactly what you and the rest of us who didnt approve stated shouldn't be done.


Oh I know what he said but he also last year said he was okay with not even offering Forte a new contract because we had Langford and Carey and Howard basically ended up saving hit butt.

I dont understand how finding some snaps for MT is not considered a part of his development and this tells me that Pace really doesnt know what hes doing. You have a team full of cast offs and late picks and you have all of them compete for their life while basically handing the most important position to someone before camp even begins .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Starter
Posts: 2,263
And1: 362
Joined: Jun 28, 2016

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#65 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:I hear both you and Fleet's side. Pace already said MT is a developmental propect. Im sure I can find it if you like. That why so many fans including myself didnt like the pick. Because he is developmental prospect not yet ready to play. So Pace did exactly what you and the rest of us who didnt approve stated shouldn't be done.


Oh I know what he said but he also last year said he was okay with not even offering Forte a new contract because we had Langford and Carey and Howard basically ended up saving hit butt.

I dont understand how finding some snaps for MT is not considered a part of his development and this tells me that Pace really doesnt know what hes doing. You have a team full of cast offs and late picks and you have all of them compete for their life while basically handing the most important position to someone before camp even begins .


Well whether Pace knows what he is doing or not is a different discussion, but based on the draft and the current status of the team many of us would argue he doesn't.
User avatar
City of Trees
RealGM
Posts: 10,285
And1: 1,876
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#66 » by City of Trees » Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 am

Trubisky rolling up in a 1997 Toyota. Savage.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,679
And1: 11,394
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#67 » by RedBulls83 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Heard some positive stuff about him on Waddle and Silvy about rookie mini camp.
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,679
And1: 11,394
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#68 » by RedBulls83 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
User avatar
RedBulls83
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,679
And1: 11,394
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#69 » by RedBulls83 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 am

Sure, it was only three non-contact practices in May. But Trubisky checked off all the boxes of what you'd expect to see in a face-of-the-franchise high first-round draft pick at the most important position on the field. The North Carolina product displayed accuracy, athleticism and arm strength while taking the majority of the reps in the three workouts.

I was standing on the sideline during one drill, watching the quarterbacks throw 20-yard outs to receivers. Trubisky's passes consistently zipped through the air, making a hissing sound I used to hear only when Jay Cutler made similar throws in practice. Say what you want about the former Bears quarterback, but there was no questioning his arm strength.

Watching the same drill at the Senior Bowl-albeit in windier conditions-the throws from the quarterbacks on the North squad coached by the Bears wobbled and floated.

Trubisky also displayed a quick release, athleticism and accuracy when rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the run, and sound decision-making, earning praise from coaches for dumping off the ball underneath to secondary receivers.

The one area that Trubisky must continue to work on is taking snaps from center, something he didn't do at North Carolina, where he lined up in the shotgun. He dropped a couple of snaps in minicamp, but it's not a big concern at this point and something he no doubt will work hard to rectify.

Trubisky also demonstrated leadership on the field.

"I like Mitch in the huddle," said offensive lineman Jordan Morgan, a fifth-round draft pick from Kutztown. "He's a real down-to-earth guy, very assertive with the way he calls everything. He's trying to be a commander out there, and that's definitely something he has to show to the coaches moving forward if he expects to be the guy."


http://m.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/3-things-that-stood-out-during-minicamp/43536be6-2666-4fdf-97eb-631aebd85d2c
Straight Buckets!

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/NinetiesDynasty
User avatar
molepharmer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,498
And1: 472
Joined: Feb 27, 2002

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#70 » by molepharmer » Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 pm

I'm sure many here have read this already, but just in case...

How a covert visit to Chapel Hill solidified the Bears' conviction in Mitch Trubisky
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html
...As Pace does with all such get-to-know-you dinners, he asked Trubisky to pick the restaurant and make the reservation. It's a minor request. But it often can be revealing of a player's reliability.

Pace also ordered Trubisky to keep the meeting top secret, so as not to tip off anyone — not any Tar Heels coaches or teammates, not any other NFL execs or agents, not even a campus meter maid — to the Bears' interest....
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,837
And1: 180
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: RE: Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#71 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:00 am

molepharmer wrote:I'm sure many here have read this already, but just in case...

How a covert visit to Chapel Hill solidified the Bears' conviction in Mitch Trubisky
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html
...As Pace does with all such get-to-know-you dinners, he asked Trubisky to pick the restaurant and make the reservation. It's a minor request. But it often can be revealing of a player's reliability.

Pace also ordered Trubisky to keep the meeting top secret, so as not to tip off anyone — not any Tar Heels coaches or teammates, not any other NFL execs or agents, not even a campus meter maid — to the Bears' interest....

Great read! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
City of Trees
RealGM
Posts: 10,285
And1: 1,876
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#72 » by City of Trees » Mon May 22, 2017 1:18 am

Did you guys see Trubisky showing off the accuracy? Man I hope we got a good one.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/mitch-trubisky-drops-dime-through-tire-swing

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,254
And1: 472
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#73 » by patryk7754 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:41 am

City of Trees wrote:Did you guys see Trubisky showing off the accuracy? Man I hope we got a good one.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/mitch-trubisky-drops-dime-through-tire-swing

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

He doesn't really look like a project to me. Hopefully Pace proves us wrong again
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 42,570
And1: 9,594
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#74 » by fleet » Mon May 22, 2017 6:44 am

molepharmer wrote:I'm sure many here have read this already, but just in case...

How a covert visit to Chapel Hill solidified the Bears' conviction in Mitch Trubisky
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html
...As Pace does with all such get-to-know-you dinners, he asked Trubisky to pick the restaurant and make the reservation. It's a minor request. But it often can be revealing of a player's reliability.

Pace also ordered Trubisky to keep the meeting top secret, so as not to tip off anyone — not any Tar Heels coaches or teammates, not any other NFL execs or agents, not even a campus meter maid — to the Bears' interest....

Pace has blown out his covert QB search techniques. The next franchise QB will know just what to do...
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.

Return to Chicago Bears