Shea McClellin's switch to LB now official

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Shea McClellin's switch to LB now official 

Post#1 » by emperorjones » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm

INDIANAPOLIS -- Publicly acknowledging the failure of former first-round pick Shea McClellin as a defensive end on Thursday at the NFL combine, Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery announced the rising third-year player will move to linebacker.

Interestingly, McClellin -- who played strongside linebacker and middle linebacker in college at Boise State -- will compete for starting jobs at both those positions with 2013 second-round pick Jonathan Bostic, who started nine games last season as a rookie in the middle for the Bears.

“I think he’s very excited [about switching positions]. Obviously at Boise, he played Mike, he played Sam, he played with his hand on the ground,” Emery said. “So versatility is his strength. I’ll say this: generally, we’ll take calculated risks, which we did with Shea. When we swing, we’re gonna swing on the high side of athleticism, and that’s why we’re still excited about him being able to contribute at a high level.”

more at the link: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/p ... w-official
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Re: Shea McClellin's switch to LB now official 

Post#2 » by ChicagoStrong » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 am

Good move.
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#3 » by Cottage Grove » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:43 am

All I know is nobody on that defense played at a high level. Jennings was the only bright spot.

I have 3 questions....
1)Does Emery know how to build a defense?
2)Is moving Shea to lb being done because Emery doesn't wanna admit his 1st pick is a bust?
3)Why is Mel Tucker the defensive coordinator when he's only had a 6th ranked defense one time and the rest has all been 25th and lower?

I have a serious concern the defense is gonna be bad for years to come.

BTW since Marshall came to Chicago we have not made playoffs. Coincidence? Just saying...

You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETtxGScVlY
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by emperorjones » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Cottage Grove wrote:

2)Is moving Shea to lb being done because Emery doesn't wanna admit his 1st pick is a bust?

Emery admitted that he made a mistake trying to make Shea a full time DE. I think he's been great in admitting the truth. I can't remember another GM being so frank about his own failure.

3)Why is Mel Tucker the defensive coordinator when he's only had a 6th ranked defense one time and the rest has all been 25th and lower?

How I wish he was gone. :crazy:

BTW since Marshall came to Chicago we have not made playoffs. Coincidence? Just saying...
:banghead: seriously???

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#5 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:25 am

Cottage Grove wrote:All I know is nobody on that defense played at a high level. Jennings was the only bright spot.

I have 3 questions....
1)Does Emery know how to build a defense?

I have a serious concern the defense is gonna be bad for years to come.

Bears haven't been back to the Superbowl since Rex Grossman was benched and left the team...just saying. :lol: :o :crazy: :noway:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#6 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 am

A starting lineup of briggs mcclellin Bostic sounds ok. But what do i know the rosters last year looked ok all year long but the d sucked so bad.
Injuries, Injuries my behind. All season the long the defensive roster looked serviceable despite the injuries.

Peppers
Wooten
Paea
McClellin
Greene
Bostic
Anderson
jennings
wright
Conte
Bowman

Yeah it not perfect but with the right defensive coaching that could be a top 15 d.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#7 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 am

bearadonisdna wrote:A starting lineup of briggs mcclellin Bostic sounds ok. But what do i know the rosters last year looked ok all year long but the d sucked so bad.
Injuries, Injuries my behind. All season the long the defensive roster looked serviceable despite the injuries.

Peppers
Wooten
Paea
McClellin
Greene
Bostic
Anderson
jennings
wright
Conte
Bowman

Yeah it not perfect but with the right defensive coaching that could be a top 15 d.

Dude why are you even posting about the Bears anymore? You turned in your fan card.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by emperorjones » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:A starting lineup of briggs mcclellin Bostic sounds ok. But what do i know the rosters last year looked ok all year long but the d sucked so bad.

Peppers
Wooten
Paea
McClellin
Greene
Bostic
Anderson
jennings
wright
Conte
Bowman

Dude why are you even posting about the Bears anymore? You turned in your fan card.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm afarid you are going to get this all year because of that one (possibly drunken?) post. Don't leave the board, but be prepared to take it - especially when the wins start piling up :lol:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm just razzing him. ;)

Return to Chicago Bears