Time for Cutler to re-brand himself a winner

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Time for Cutler to re-brand himself a winner 

Post#1 » by MalikJoakim24 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:30 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-gre ... f-a-winner

At 31, he remains inscrutable to national reporters, aloof to local ones. Fans cherrypick his failings and contrarians back up his strengths. His low ranking in Ron Jaworski's big board of quarterbacks is enough to busy a sports radio talk show for a few days, at least.

No matter how good his supporting cast is and how often his teammates and coaches try to downplay that Cutler is the leading character in the Bears' story, he is the quarterback, which means he is the star. Like you, I want to see if his numbers match his abilities. I want to see if he can play a full season and return the Bears to the playoffs. I want to see if Cutler can re-brand himself as a winner instead of a whiner.

Last year, the storyline was "Is Cutler worth the contract?" General manager Phil Emery saved us from months of debate when he inked Cutler to a new deal on Jan. 2.

This year, it will be "Can Cutler realize his potential?" Cutler can save us from months of debate by, you know, realizing his potential.

But he can't do that in late July.

We still have a month of training camp before the Bears open at home against the Buffalo Bills. With a long season ahead of him, Cutler said he's ready to go to Bourbonnais, despite the pain of leaving his wife and two children.

"I'm ready, ready to go," he said about reporting to camp. "I think guys are itching to get back into it and see what we have. There's a lot of work to do."

Let the Season of Jay commence!

Return to Chicago Bears