Image Image Image Image

Competitors Thread 2014-2015

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Competitors Thread 2014-2015 

Post#1 » by BullHeaded » Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:03 pm

Mods... feel free to change the name of the thread or merge it. But I wanted to talk about last night's season opening game and what it means.

1. Underrated development- The injury to Bryan Bulaga for the Packers. IMO... the Packers are getting a little too thin to endure any more injuries on the offensive line and still have a viable contender. I understand it was just a strained ligament and they expect him back, but it was to his previously injured knee. If he is gimpy this year, self conscious about injury, or outright shelved for a period of time... I think a lot of LDEs will be causing Rogers and Lacy some trouble including Lamarr Houston.

2. I still think the Packers are a good team and have a plus offense for certain, but they looked mortal.

3. This game also made me feel better about the preseason week 3 loss to the Seahawks in Seattle. Maybe it was a bit more about the competition and venue than it was about us. Still... as the Nature Boy Ric Flair says, "to be the man, you have to beat the man... WOOOO!"

Thoughts?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Competitors Thread 2014-2015 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 1:22 pm

I don't think you can count out the Lions either. They definitely have the talent, but it will be interesting to see how disciplined and undercontrol Caldwell can get them to play.

I completely agree about the Packers. To add, I know people like to talk about Cutler's health for obvious reasons, but Rodger's health could be an interesting situation as well simply because of how weak their oline continues to be. And that rookie C looked pretty shaky on Thursday night.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:14 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:I don't think you can count out the Lions either. They definitely have the talent, but it will be interesting to see how disciplined and undercontrol Caldwell can get them to play.

I think its the coaching that can make them a top 3 team in the NFL. They obviously have the offensive talent (best between them, the Broncos and us), but I think their defensive talent is underrated on the defensive side of the ball outside of their dline. They have Tulloch being a top ILB and Levy being above average OLB. Their safeties are really good and Mathis had a pretty decent season last year. This team scares me more than the packers.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:19 pm

BullHeaded wrote:Mods... feel free to change the name of the thread or merge it. But I wanted to talk about last night's season opening game and what it means.

1. Underrated development- The injury to Bryan Bulaga for the Packers. IMO... the Packers are getting a little too thin to endure any more injuries on the offensive line and still have a viable contender. I understand it was just a strained ligament and they expect him back, but it was to his previously injured knee. If he is gimpy this year, self conscious about injury, or outright shelved for a period of time... I think a lot of LDEs will be causing Rogers and Lacy some trouble including Lamarr Houston.

2. I still think the Packers are a good team and have a plus offense for certain, but they looked mortal.

3. This game also made me feel better about the preseason week 3 loss to the Seahawks in Seattle. Maybe it was a bit more about the competition and venue than it was about us. Still... as the Nature Boy Ric Flair says, "to be the man, you have to beat the man... WOOOO!"

Thoughts?

The thing that I saw in this game was Matthews all in Cutler's cheeks. That was the best game I ever saw him play. He was all over the place. He can we DPOY this year based on that performance. However, the rest of the defense wasn't very consistent. They started out pretty well but Seattle started braking them down pretty easily as the game went on. That, most likely, had to do with the Seahawks taking the Packers' offense out of rhythm. Our offense is definitetly better than Seattle's but idk if our defense gives us those types of opportunities, unless the Packers offense only 5 minutes a drive to score which is possible.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:14 pm

The vikings are looking pretty serious. Last week they dominate the Rams and now they take the opening drive against the Pats for a TD pretty efficiently
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#6 » by patryk7754 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 pm

nevermind
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#7 » by CBS7 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

pack down 14-0 early
BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#8 » by BullHeaded » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 pm

CBS7 wrote:pack down 14-0 early

The entire division is 1-1. Technically, the Bears and Vikings have a slight edge since our losses were to an AFC team.

Seahawks and Niners are each 1-1. The Saints are 0-2. Carolina is 2-0.

Return to Chicago Bears