Image Image Image Image

Jay Cutler benched. Clausen to start next game.

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Jay Cutler benched. Clausen to start next game. 

Post#1 » by LobosJordan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 am

It appears to me the Cutler era is over. I can't imagine him EVER wanting to give full effort for the Bears after this. For another team? Maybe, but not us. We are going our separate ways after this season IMO.

And good riddance, Cutler has been nothing but a disappointment since he arrived. He showed promise early in his Bears career, but he never improved at anything. In fact he's gotten worse. Really hate him right now.
HBK9
Sophomore
And1: 5

Re: Jay Cutler benched. Clausen to start next game. 

Post#2 » by HBK9 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:46 am

I was going to post this a few hours ago when I first saw the headline from a "source". Then I said, screw it. That SOB ain't worth the effort :)

I would agree BUT who will take him with that contract or is he cut straight out?
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#3 » by CalilLove89 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 am

This is Emery's one do over, if he fails again he should be gone as well.

A hungrier franchise would clean house, but we know how tolerant the Bears are to mediocrity.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#4 » by Susan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:07 am

lol, Emery & Tresthman's last ditch effort to save themselves. Jay is a problem, but our problems are much deeper than Jay IMO.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#5 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 am

Susan wrote:lol, Emery & Tresthman's last ditch effort to save themselves. Jay is a problem, but our problems are much deeper than Jay IMO.

I agree. Not only does Jay need to go, but so do Emery and Trestman. The Mccaskey's need to stop **** around.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
DannyNoonan1221
Junior
And1: 151

Post#6 » by DannyNoonan1221 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Susan wrote:lol, Emery & Tresthman's last ditch effort to save themselves. Jay is a problem, but our problems are much deeper than Jay IMO.

I agree. Not only does Jay need to go, but so do Emery and Trestman. The Mccaskey's need to stop **** around.

that's the thing. They aren't just messing around. They are too cheap. As long as Bears fans buy tickets and consume food and alcohol and buy merchandise, the McCaskeys will remain complacent.

What we need is for them to realize their time is over, sell the team and completely clean house. New coaches, new GM, new beer vendors, new ticket checkers, new security, new players. New everything.
Okay Brand, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Post#7 » by emperorjones » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I've been one of the biggest Jay defenders...but I just can't this year. I've never seen a QB regress like this before.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Post#8 » by Stratmaster » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Well, it appears we have seen exactly what the Cutler haters, the national media, and the local media want to see in a QB as listening to them you would think Clausen just played a fantastic game leading the Bears to a huge offensive performance and win.

Then I look at the scoreboard and realize that the Bulls just put up the lowest scoring game of the season, and seven of those points were a gift. And this in a game where the worst defense in the league actually showed up a little.

It's not the QB.
Susan
RealGM

Post#9 » by Susan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:20 am

And....he's back in there.

The very fact he got benched and then was active last week followed by him starting this upcoming week shows how he's not the problem.

This isn't what's best for the Bears today, tomorrow or ever. Trestman and Emery need to go ASAP.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#10 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:04 am

Susan wrote:And....he's back in there.

The very fact he got benched and then was active last week followed by him starting this upcoming week shows how he's not the problem.

This isn't what's best for the Bears today, tomorrow or ever. Trestman and Emery need to go ASAP.

It shows that we have no one else at this time . To claim hes not the problem with this franchise is ridiculous.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Susan
RealGM

Post#11 » by Susan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Susan wrote:And....he's back in there.

It shows that we have no one else at this time . To claim hes not the problem with this franchise is ridiculous.

This game (and last week's game) do not matter. If we've made the decision that Cutler is done with this franchise (which we did last week) he cannot see the field again. We are going to be trading him this offseason and if he gets hurt this weekend (in a meaningless game just 10 days after he got benched) he'd go from hard to trade to impossible to trade.

Jay has his own issues, yes. But this franchise issues run much deeper than him. The Emery/Trestman duo have mishandled the QB position terribly since Marc came on board.

Return to Chicago Bears