Image Image Image Image

THE DOMINOES FALL: Phil Emery gone, Trestman gone.

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: THE DOMINOES FALL: Phil Emery gone, Trestman gone. 

Post#21 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 1:50 am

This thread isn't about the players anyway. It's about the guys who put together the roster.

I hope we have at least a GM in place by Monday. We need to move swiftly so we can start working on the off-season.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,107

Post#22 » by patryk7754 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:14 pm

Got a notification saying Ryan Pace was hired as our gm. Hes from the saints. I couldn't find anything about him being hired k the internet
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

THE DOMINOES FALL: Phil Emery gone, Trestman gone. 

Post#23 » by Bulls69 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:22 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Got a notification saying Ryan Pace was hired as our gm. Hes from the saints. I couldn't find anything about him being hired k the internet

He's a young guy maybe he can bring some fresh young blood to the Beaes

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#24 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:25 pm

OK, don't know much about him. I probably saw him play in college, I was there for a couple years when he was there before I decided I'd rather saw my arm off with a butter knife than go back to Charleston for another year. I did get to see Romo play in college though.

Anyway, hopefully he can build a good scouting department. The Bears have not been drafting well in far too long. Angelo was pretty good at mid round picks but he consistently blew his first rounders. Emery, with a few exceptions, didn't do well anywhere.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#25 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:52 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:OK, don't know much about him. I probably saw him play in college, I was there for a couple years when he was there before I decided I'd rather saw my arm off with a butter knife than go back to Charleston for another year. I did get to see Romo play in college though.

Anyway, hopefully he can build a good scouting department. The Bears have not been drafting well in far too long. Angelo was pretty good at mid round picks but he consistently blew his first rounders. Emery, with a few exceptions, didn't do well anywhere.

I thought Emery's pick for the first 3 rounds last year were good. Fueller, Ego and Sutton
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#26 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:01 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:OK, don't know much about him. I probably saw him play in college, I was there for a couple years when he was there before I decided I'd rather saw my arm off with a butter knife than go back to Charleston for another year. I did get to see Romo play in college though.

I thought Emery's pick for the first 3 rounds last year were good. Fueller, Ego and Sutton

I'm happy with Fuller, I think the jury is still pretty far out on Ego and Sutton but they can't be judged as blown picks certainly. You're right there.

His first draft produced Alshon and precisely zero other NFL caliber players.
His second draft he hit on Kyle Long. Jordan Mills has been decent for a 5th round pick. Bostic isn't a total bust yet, but he's been a massive underachiever for his draft position. Nobody else in that draft is doing anything.

Too early to know much definitively about this last draft though.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#27 » by patryk7754 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:13 pm

Ryan brothers to Chicago with Rex as the HC?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#28 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:15 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:

I'm happy with Fuller, I think the jury is still pretty far out on Ego and Sutton but they can't be judged as blown picks certainly. You're right there.

His first draft produced Alshon and precisely zero other NFL caliber players.
His second draft he hit on Kyle Long. Jordan Mills has been decent for a 5th round pick. Bostic isn't a total bust yet, but he's been a massive underachiever for his draft position. Nobody else in that draft is doing anything.

Too early to know much definitively about this last draft though.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you over-all. I just think Ego and Sutton showed good potential and flashes of what they could do. Just got to develop these guys now.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#29 » by patryk7754 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 am

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/3423 ... -Part-Ways

I refuse to believe this but maybe we can get him?

Return to Chicago Bears