Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Warja: "Chris Ballard will be the next GM of the Bears" 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:17 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobWarja/status/551659411434127360[/tweet]

I can't speak to the credibility of this guy, but there you go. He's the director of pro personnel for Kansas City currently.
VoiceofReason
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Warja: "Chris Ballard will be the next GM of the Bears" 

Post#2 » by VoiceofReason » Mon Jan 5, 2015 1:38 am

Great. A GM from the Jerry Angelo/Phil Emery tree. Glad Ernie was hired to find the guy the McCaskeys probably planned on hiring anyway. Same old circus up at Halas Hall. Hiring another guy that has never done the job before.

They still don't know how to run a professional football organization. Why bother interviewing head coaches when there is no GM in place?!?!?!

This is just another example of why the best candidates won't come work for the Bears. I would have overpaid to get Eric DeCosta away from Baltimore and gotten out of his way so he could do his job.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:49 pm

VoiceofReason wrote:Great. A GM from the Jerry Angelo/Phil Emery tree. Glad Ernie was hired to find the guy the McCaskeys probably planned on hiring anyway. Same old circus up at Halas Hall. Hiring another guy that has never done the job before.

They still don't know how to run a professional football organization. Why bother interviewing head coaches when there is no GM in place?!?!?!

This is just another example of why the best candidates won't come work for the Bears. I would have overpaid to get Eric DeCosta away from Baltimore and gotten out of his way so he could do his job.

Eric DeCosta is in line to take over the role with the Ravens. He doesn't want to leave and refuses interviews with any team. You can't offer a guy a contract if he isn't willing to listen.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect from this move. If anything, the Chiefs have been better than the Bears the past few years so therwe's that.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:12 pm

They hired Ryan Pace
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears