Two new D-line additions

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Two new D-line additions 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Jarvis Jenkins and Ray MacDonald have both agreed to deals with Chicago. Personally I like the moves, but I'm interested to see what others think...
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Two new D-line additions 

Post#2 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Solid additions. And we just signed Mason Foster. Donatell was his defensive coordinator at Washington. The only glaring hole left is NT.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Post#3 » by emperorjones » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm happy with both and I think it sets us up to take a true NT in the 1st or 2nd round
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#4 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 pm

emperorjones wrote:I'm happy with both and I think it sets us up to take a true NT in the 1st or 2nd round

Yep. If Shelton is a real game changer he's an option there. If not I think we take one of the wideouts if they fall and maybe take Jordan Phillips from Oklahoma in the 2nd.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by TNBT » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 am

BR0D1E86 wrote:
emperorjones wrote:I'm happy with both and I think it sets us up to take a true NT in the 1st or 2nd round

Yep. If Shelton is a real game changer he's an option there. If not I think we take one of the wideouts if they fall and maybe take Jordan Phillips from Oklahoma in the 2nd.

I'd like to see Shelton here next year too. If he's expected to be available in the 2nd round, how about we look at a top O-line guy like Scherff or whatever his name is in the first round?
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#6 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 am

Shelton will not last to the second. I meant he's an option in the first. If not, Phillips from Oklahoma could be a good pick I'm the second.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by TNBT » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:12 am

Fair enough. I support the Niners along with the Bears and have been on their board a bit lately, and there seems to be a few guys around there who think Shelton isn't first round material, but it doesn't really matter what any of us fans think... it all comes down to what each teams GM and scouting team think.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by emperorjones » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm

I think our pass protection will improve if we stop passing so damn much - so I'd doubt we'd take a OL with that #7 pick. That said, I wouldn't be mad if we even went LT there.
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#9 » by Cottage Grove » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 pm

What about Jared Allen? Is he in the pay cut or walk category?
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Re: 

Post#10 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Cottage Grove wrote:What about Jared Allen? Is he in the pay cut or walk category?

I've said in a few other threads that I think he is the biggest cut candidate on the roster right now. He is the second highest paid player on the roster ($12M this year, but I'm not sure how much is guaranteed), aging, coming off a bad year, and most importantly he has said that he DOES NOT want to transition to LB.

He's just not a good fit for the transition this defense is in.
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#11 » by Cottage Grove » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:22 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
Cottage Grove wrote:What about Jared Allen? Is he in the pay cut or walk category?

I've said in a few other threads that I think he is the biggest cut candidate on the roster right now. He is the second highest paid player on the roster ($12M this year, but I'm not sure how much is guaranteed), aging, coming off a bad year, and most importantly he has said that he DOES NOT want to transition to LB.

Yea if he struggles with the read option, how can you expect him to play LB? Replacing Peppers with this guy just keeps getting worse. I think his contract is front loaded like Cutler.

I have a question though... I'm not a Marshall fan, but how can you trade him for character issues and then in the same month sign a guy with a open sexual assault case?

Im interested in what you guys think about that.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:25 am

Living in Sacramento I have followed MacDonald with the
Niners. Good player, bad person. Dude put hands on his girl and then threatened her like the Hardy situation.

With all three guys signing one year deals, the signings shouldn't alter how the Bears draft IMO.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by TNBT » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 am

That's all speculation though, CoT. He was alleged to have hit his fiancée, but neither her nor the police thought there was any sort of actual case, or they would have prosecuted him. With the sexual assault claim, the charges were dropped and he's now filed charges against the accuser. If there was any truth at all to the allegations, why would he be going after her? If the charges were true, I'd think he'd just leave it alone and let it all go out of the spotlight.

I'm not saying that he is innocent, or that he hasn't got a knack for getting into dumb situations or being a knucklehead, but it's a bit rough to lynch the guy for ACCUSATIONS that never were found true.

Also, it sounds like the Marshall thing was more about locker-room and chemistry stuff than legal stuff. Marshall got on his teammates bad sides and isolated himself, whereas McDonald is always described as being a great teammate and locker-room presence.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Re: 

Post#14 » by emperorjones » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:53 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:

I don't think he's an option to be cut this year. He's $12,500,000 worth of dead money and $0 cap savings if he's cut. If he's cut at the end of the season, we save $8.5 million on our cap for 2016. Might as well keep him around to see if you can get ANYTHING at all from him...which I doubt. :nonono:
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 pm

It will all he dead money? ????? Nooooooo
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:18 am

Yeah Allen is getting paid no matter what, cutting him won't save the Bears a dime.

Return to Chicago Bears