Image Image Image Image

Fwiw: Vegas local radio saying Rivers camp...

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Fwiw: Vegas local radio saying Rivers camp... 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Wed Apr 8, 2015 9:49 pm

Engaging Tennessee about wanting to be a Titan and giving San Diego number 2 but..... Local sources say that when approached Tennessee was balking because the Bears are thinking about throwing in number 7 and cutler just to move to 2.... Look I post on the mock forum and am a heavy Blackhawks and bulls poster but I was surprised when my local guys threw that out (talk bolts all the time)..... So nothing but rumors but sure is something that we all talk about quite a bit. I'd do this in a nano second.... If it saves us nearly 35-40 million or whatever his guaranteed money is the next 2 then we could use that on another good FA next offseason like a McPhee etc and get Marcus

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Re: Fwiw: Vegas local radio saying Rivers camp... 

Post#2 » by emperorjones » Wed Apr 8, 2015 10:48 pm

Interesting. I wouldn't think that Cutler and #7 would be enough to move up to #2. Not from a talent standpoint, but from a standpoint of TN taking on that contract. I'd probably do that deal - even if we didn't draft a QB with the #2.
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#3 » by Costa78 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:25 am

I want to get rid of Jay about as bad as anyone else, but that seems steep. I wouldn't mind Maroita as the future franchise QB, but we need to be prepared to let him sit at least a year if that's the case.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#4 » by fleet » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 am

GRADEN wrote:Engaging Tennessee about wanting to be a Titan and giving San Diego number 2 but..... Local sources say that when approached Tennessee was balking because the Bears are thinking about throwing in number 7 and cutler just to move to 2.... Look I post on the mock forum and am a heavy Blackhawks and bulls poster but I was surprised when my local guys threw that out (talk bolts all the time)..... So nothing but rumors but sure is something that we all talk about quite a bit. I'd do this in a nano second.... If it saves us nearly 35-40 million or whatever his guaranteed money is the next 2 then we could use that on another good FA next offseason like a McPhee etc and get Marcus

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

That would be a dream for the Bears to get out of paying Cutler and picking up Mariota. I'm thinking it would cost more than the #7 and Cutler
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 pm

SMH at people who'd take Mariota over Cutler.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#6 » by blumeany » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:28 pm

I would take Mariota over Cutler in a heartbeat. Even if Mariota doesn't pan out, you get rid of Cutler now instead of later and save some money in the process.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#7 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 pm

blumeany wrote:I would take Mariota over Cutler in a heartbeat. Even if Mariota doesn't pan out, you get rid of Cutler now instead of later and save some money in the process.

Cutler's already been paid. He got his bonus from the Bears. You'd pay his yearly salary, but also now not only pay a slotted salary to a new QB, but a bad one. If the goal was to go 0-16, you might be on to something. But to just simply "dump" Cutler and not get better is cutting off your nose to spite your face. You keep Cutler one more season, and if he's bad, you can let him go at less of a cost and maybe actually land a good QB and not some bad gimmick QB. So you don't really "save" anything buy taking Mariota, you set the franchise even farther back.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#8 » by blumeany » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 pm

Cutler IS bad. We know this. We've known this. This is Head Coach #3 and OC #5 and probably QBC #10 - and that's just with the Bears. He's a mediocre QB that won't win you games and you can only pray won't lose you games. Your record would not be much worse with Mariota. If the Bears go 0-16, then there's a lot more wrong than just the QB.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#9 » by TNBT » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 pm

emperorjones wrote:Interesting. I wouldn't think that Cutler and #7 would be enough to move up to #2. Not from a talent standpoint, but from a standpoint of TN taking on that contract. I'd probably do that deal - even if we didn't draft a QB with the #2.

Maybe take stud defensive prospect at #2 then try and move back into the late 1st round for Hundley or someone like that, and start a mini-rebuild of sorts on the offensive end?
stl705
Senior
And1: 152

Post#10 » by stl705 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm

I also believe it would take quite a bit more than #7 and Cutler to get the #2... namely next year's 1st round pick.

The Bears would gladly give more than just their #7 and Cutler to get rid of him for the #2 pick. I don't know if they'd want to give up their 1st next year, but that might be their only option.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#11 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 am

blumeany wrote:Cutler IS bad. We know this. We've known this. This is Head Coach #3 and OC #5 and probably QBC #10 - and that's just with the Bears. He's a mediocre QB that won't win you games and you can only pray won't lose you games. Your record would not be much worse with Mariota. If the Bears go 0-16, then there's a lot more wrong than just the QB.

I'm not saying Cutler's the answer. I'm saying Mariota is not. Why saddle yourself with more crap? And more crap for more years?

Return to Chicago Bears